Likelyhood of a 1/6 Scale Rancor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bet they can do it for $150-200 bucks which for the amount of detail and all would be reasonable for something like this.

The price range isn't as scary as the size. I think 200-225 should be the upper limit for this figure, but then I need a bedromm that just gets converted into the Pinewood Studios set that they filmed "Blue Harvest" er...I mean "Return of the Jedi" on.

Dude, not that scary. Picture this. A dedicated display table with Jabba and friends. Below the table, on the floor, the 3ft Rancor...

The good thing as far as cost goes, is that a Rancor would, like Jabba, be made out of hollow vinyl I'm sure to keep the cost down but durability up, so if Jabba is $120, a Rancor could easily not exceed the cost of a PF figure, which in my mind is reasonable.

MaulFan said:
The good thing as far as cost goes, is that a Rancor would, like Jabba, be made out of hollow vinyl I'm sure to keep the cost down but durability up, so if Jabba is $120, a Rancor could easily not exceed the cost of a PF figure, which in my mind is reasonable.

Yeah, that's why I say he is doable.

Well I approach Star Wars collecting in a very impractical manner. If the item is cool enough, I don't care how big it is or how unsure I am about where I'll put it, if I can afford it, I'm getting it, so no matter what scale he is, if an SSC Rancor is released and I can afford his price, I'll get him and deal with where he goes when the time comes, so bring it on SSC.

MaulFan said:
Well I approach Star Wars collecting in a very impractical manner. If the item is cool enough, I don't care how big it is or how unsure I am about where I'll put it, if I can afford it, I'm getting it, so no matter what scale he is, if an SSC Rancor is released and I can afford his price, I'll get him and deal with where he goes when the time comes, so bring it on SSC.

I'd like to say ditto on that.

If Jabba is $120, then I am thinking at least $250 for the Rancor. I am guessing that if they do it, the price will be between $250 and $300. I could swing that with some planning, but that still doesn't solve my space issue.

I doubt very much that we'll get a 1/6 scale Rancor from Sideshow, ever. But that's ok, 'cause we got a beautiful and very detailed 1/6 polystone Throne for Jabba! That should compensate I think. :rolleyes:

I would never say never in regards to what SS can or will do. They have proved it over and over they can do really anything.

I'd get one. Just think, that thing would have to be like 3 feet tall, it'd rock hard even if you didn't have ANY 12" SW. Just to have that big ass monster in your house would be the shizzzzzzz!

If SSC can make a 1:1 Terminator Endoskeleton I think they can handle a 3ft Rancor. Bring it on baby!

I'd get 2 to guard the stairway to my house.....I guess not. But yeah, it would sell, and I can see them making it.

pjam said:
If SSC can make a 1:1 Terminator Endoskeleton I think they can handle a 3ft Rancor. Bring it on baby!
There's no doubt they can! Of course they can! Question is: will they ever make it? A Rancor is not an Terminator after all. There might be enough demand, but what would the Rankor cost (compared to other SSC items)? As much as I would want to buy it, I think space would be a SERIOUS issue.

Last edited:
Back