Likelyhood of a 1/6 Scale Rancor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
pixletwin said:
Well ol'Rancs is a big guy. I think he is worthy of 4 discussions, don't you? ;)
Of course, just ponting out it hasn't been the first by a long shot. :D In fact in previous discussions, some of us already worked out how to build a Rancor cage for him by converting an animal cage and lining it with acoustic tiles.

I repeat, SSC made that Jedi Luke Rancor bone for a reason...

And where would I put it? On the floor beneath Jabba's display table, plenty of room down there for the beast!

They made the mynock too but I don't think we'll see that giant space slug.

Of course, you never know... :D

How big would that thing be -- like the size of a locomotive in 1/6th scale. :lol

Doubtful.

I think SSC made the bone to fill out Luke's accessory tray. An easy item to add.

Having said that, I'd be all over this at $300 tops.

Make it a PPO, and only make as many as are ordered. Guaranteed profit.

Articulation: Shoulders, elbows, wrists, pivoting head, Hot Toys Alien style jaw, solid legs (no articulation neccessary for the legs. I don't need him to dance, just stand unassisted)

Prepare me for him by making Malakili. Frankly, I'd get Malakili anyway. Always had a soft spot for the crying fat man who lost his best friend.

Mynock was a "one off" plus posing Han shooting one down works just fine plus it also serves as a magnet thingy.

Rancor was hunched over most of the time like a T-Rex, I think it could be accomplished and would be about 3 ft tall, three times the size of Luke.

And I agree Mikey, Inclusive Edition, let it ride for a week...

Customikey said:
...Always had a soft spot for the crying fat man who lost his best friend.

I remember seeing ROTJ in the theaters when I was kid and watching him cry and getting a knot in my throat. I still sympathize with him eery time I watch.

pixletwin said:
I remember seeing ROTJ in the theaters when I was kid and watching him cry and getting a knot in my throat. I still sympathize with him eery time I watch.

I feel the same way... poor dude lost his friend.

My favorite of all SW creatures and shooting it old school stop-motion Harryhausen style still holds up against the plasticky CGI of today... gave it that Sat morning monster matinee feel Lucas loved so much as a kid..

pjam said:
My favorite of all SW creatures and shooting it old school stop-motion Harryhausen style still holds up against the plasticky CGI of today... gave it that Sat morning monster matinee feel Lucas loved so much as a kid..

Well said, and along the lines of Mikey's quote above, I've always felt the original Jaws Bruce was a more believable shark than modern CGI sharks. They did a great job with the Rancor, it never comes off as a stop motion puppet, to me anyway.

Customikey said:
But he had tiny black eyes. Lifeless eyes...like a doll's eyes.

:lol I love that line.

Didn't the Rancor's eyes glow when he first came out of the cave? I mean, I guess it was just reflected light -- like a cat's eyes -- but that 'glow' sticks with me.

Wor-Gar said:
:lol I love that line.

Didn't the Rancor's eyes glow when he first came out of the cave? I mean, I guess it was just reflected light -- like a cat's eyes -- but that 'glow' sticks with me.

Then I won't ruin it for you.

The eyes were just ballbearings.....

pjam said:

Actually I think the Rancor was mostly a Rod driven (maybe the wrong term) puppet... no stop-motion involved.

No! Say it isn't true!

To be honest though I think it would be more of a limited item like the LOTR legendary busts or something. I wouldn't get one, but I know some people would end up living in Jabba's palace--which would be AWESOME to see!!

Oh, and when I first saw ROTJ as a kid, I didn't feel bad for the Keeper when the rancor died. I laughed. I laughed hard. I actually like his friend better, the guy who's all "doat cry" or what ever he says. He's so caring--but it is funny how all of Jabba's denizens speak the Star Wars equivalent of Spanglish.

galactiboy said:
Actually I think the Rancor was mostly a Rod driven (maybe the wrong term) puppet... no stop-motion involved.

You are correct, sir! The arms and legs were rod driven, and the head was just a big nasty handpuppet. A big, nasty, totally believable and utterly gorgous slobbering handpuppet.

Super low-tech, but sheer badass! I loved the Rancor when I was a kid. ROTJ was the first SW I remember seeing in the theater (I was there for ESB, but only like 2yrs old). But after seeing that movie I had to have the Rancor for Xmas later that year... and he was one of Kenner's finest moments for me!!!

Damn, talking about this is getting me kinda pumped thinking about a Rancor!!! maybe its time to start a Movement!!!

Maybe start using bigger fonts...

Maybe start using extra punctionation!!

Back