Likelyhood of a 1/6 Scale Rancor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
galactiboy said:
Super low-tech, but sheer badass! I loved the Rancor when I was a kid. ROTJ was the first SW I remember seeing in the theater (I was there for ESB, but only like 2yrs old). But after seeing that movie I had to have the Rancor for Xmas later that year... and he was one of Kenner's finest moments for me!!!

Damn, talking about this is getting me kinda pumped thinking about a Rancor!!! maybe its time to start a Movement!!!

Maybe start using bigger fonts...

Maybe start using extra punctionation!!

pjam said:
DO IT SIDESHOW, SHOW SOME BALLS! DO IT, YOU KNOW YOU CAN, YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO, YOU KNOW WHY YOU MADE THAT RANCOR BONE FOR LUKE!!! :lol

Follow me, my brother. :lol :D :cool:

Wor-Gar said:
Didn't the Rancor's eyes glow when he first came out of the cave? I mean, I guess it was just reflected light -- like a cat's eyes -- but that 'glow' sticks with me.

And, you know, the thing about a rancor... he's got lifeless eyes. Black eyes. Like a doll's eyes. When he comes at ya, doesn't seem to be living... until he bites ya, and those black eyes roll over white and then... ah then you hear that terrible high-pitched screamin'...

tomandshell said:
And, you know, the thing about a rancor... he's got lifeless eyes. Black eyes. Like a doll's eyes. When he comes at ya, doesn't seem to be living... until he bites ya, and those black eyes roll over white and then... ah then you hear that terrible high-pitched screamin'...

Oh my goodness, show me the way to go home! :google

tomandshell said:

The screaming is Malakili getting his nipples twisted.

Seriously though, most of us can barely make space for Jabba. How are any of us going to clear a ROOM for the Rancor! He'd be about three feet tall, two feet deep, and one and a half wide. He's not small from any angle. Maybe you could stick him on top of your Detolfs, one foot on each, but only if you've got high ceilings!!

Customikey said:
The screaming is Malakili getting his nipples twisted.

Seriously though, most of us can barely make space for Jabba. How are any of us going to clear a ROOM for the Rancor! He'd be about three feet tall, two feet deep, and one and a half wide. He's not small from any angle. Maybe you could stick him on top of your Detolfs, one foot on each, but only if you've got high ceilings!!

On the floor. Below the Jabba display table mikey, be-low!

If they do it, my guess is that it would be one of those low quantity items, maybe like a 500 piece edition size, to catch the real nuts but not too many they've got a hefty load in the warehouse. I don't know where I'd find the room, but by George, bad pun, I would want him and find some way.

The shipping alone....

Jesus, the more I think about the practical elements...

Like those poor little factory painters standing on ladders to paint him up! The madness trying to design an appropriate box to ship him in, the insanity of the costs of my divorce!

Maybe I'll just paint my Balrog brown....

oooOOOooh. Imagine pitting NECA Balrog against it.

Customikey said:
The shipping alone....

Jesus, the more I think about the practical elements...

Like those poor little factory painters standing on ladders to paint him up! The madness trying to design an appropriate box to ship him in, the insanity of the costs of my divorce!

Maybe I'll just paint my Balrog brown....

oooOOOooh. Imagine pitting NECA Balrog against it.

With regards to the production considerations, look at some of Sideshow's other offerings, a 1:1 scale T2 Endoskeleton, how do you box and ship that, like I said if the do it, it'll be low quantity for the small niche that could afford to acquire it on all levels, but it would be beautifully done.

Nothing in my childhood gave me more nightmares than those devilish little umpaloompas or oompalumpas or whatever (not even I can spell that one). GAH they were freaky!

I would definitely buy the Rancor even if I had nowhere to put him. I predict IF SSC makes a 1/6 Rancor it'll cost around $350....

Based on some of their other larger items, if they did a Rancor at even the smallest size, 2.5 feet, I'd price it about $500 or higher, basing it on larger things like that 1:1 busts and large scale Terminator items, a Rancor would be far beyond a PF and those cost about $400.

galactiboy said:
Some really cool info in this article posted on Sideshow: Sideshow 2006; Bigger & Better

Mention of:
"The 1/6 scale Jabba the Hutt and his environment from the Star Wars line is impressively large, but 2007 promises even bigger things to come from that galaxy far, far away!"

Did someone say...

RANCOR?

Back