Licensed Serenity product!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
QMX finally updated the site, and the money pack and Mal pistol prop are available to order, but no mention of the signature edition that was previously discussed. The pistol looks cool, if a little on the brassy side, but I think that is more movie accurate rather than show accurate!

It's been awhile since I've gotten to hang out, how is everybody? :D

Very cool replicas, I wishI could afford it now. Whens it available?

OMG! They mention a large scale replica of Serenity coming 2007!:chew

BDboystoys said:
Very cool replicas, I wishI could afford it now. Whens it available?

OMG! They mention a large scale replica of Serenity coming 2007!:chew

I just saw that too!!! Man that could be one sweet piece... but if the replica gun is $250 I shudder to think what the ship will cost :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2

May have to sell a testicle on this one...

AH! wow, these are unbelievabley cool.
BUT.
I tried to register but theres no international shipping detail option. Is it only US based? No international shipping? Is this going to result in me sulking?:monkey2

I really love the Money Pack too now

Oh and Seaward, I'm great thanks, how are you?:D

I was all excited too, until i went to the checkout and found it was for the usa only. Grrrrrrr. Typical.

I wrote to them asking if they planned on selling to those outside the usa, so i'll let you know when they reply.

Browncoat said:
I was all excited too, until i went to the checkout and found it was for the usa only. Grrrrrrr. Typical.

I wrote to them asking if they planned on selling to those outside the usa, so i'll let you know when they reply.

lol thats exactly what I did!:D

LordAzrael said:
Worst case one of the US based freaks might be able to act as a mail box for us ;-)

lol, I was thinking that as well! Go us aussies! LA, what are you interested in?
I cant decide whether to jump on the gun or not, the money pack is most likely a go though:D
Oh and you hv a PM
:monkey5

QMX seem to be really quick with e-mail responses, you may want to send them a message to see if they will be distributing to overseas retailers like forbidden planet. I am sure that they want to have the customer base, I just hope that it isn't licensing issues that prevent them from selling overseas. I wonder if Diamond Comics might carry their stuff too?

As excited as I am for the Mal Pistol and Money Pack, I get the feeling that we have seen companies like this come and go before, like Factory X or Unobtanium. I hope that they at least produce the stuff they have already offered!

Does anyone have any info on what the size and cost of the Serenity ship will be... I've been considering dropping my Jabba set-up and this could be a nice replacement.

I think they had an interview on www.serenitystuff.com about their upcoming releases, and I recall they listed the size of the Firefly ship and the some of the features but cost wasn't discussed. Let me hop over there and see if I can find some better info for you!

Found the interview, here are the quotes:

“We’re also hoping to come out with a large scale, 16 to 18” model of the ship, light-emitting, spinning engine, very detailed. That’ll be an expensive project, that’ll be next year.”

There are also plans for Zoe’s Mare’s Leg gun, Wash’s oddly shaped pistol, and more.

and:

QMx products will be available through specialty shops – reportedly they’ve been talking with Hot Topics, Spencer Gifts, Diamond Select, and over 200 other retailers – and through the website, where they’ll have periodic web-only sales and special deals, plus the Fan Club.

So hopefully we can order through retailers and get some sort of discount, but I will order direct this first time to encourage them to continue with the license!

I still haven't ordered but I'm really really considering Mal's gun. I think it looks great from those pics. Although I agree that it looks a little brassy but that could just be the picture.

Speaking of retailers, Bob and/or Adam are you going to carry this?

I'm wanting the money pack, and it seems that the exclusive version (with the map) is only going to be available thru the online store, so they really need to ship internationally.

Please.

Thanks Seaward! So its not huge... but could still be pretty pricey? Man if it comes in at or around the price of the Jabba get up I may have to switch over...

galactiboy said:
Thanks Seaward! So its not huge... but could still be pretty pricey? Man if it comes in at or around the price of the Jabba get up I may have to switch over...

Yeah, it sounds amazing already.
Infact I've already anticipated this, so Im going to start saving for this very soon. I may need someone to hook me up with this to Aus since they dont ship internationally and this may end up being one of their 'exclusive type' ones. Needless to say, this will be the ultimate Serenity collectible

Last edited:
Hi Everyone,

To shed a little light on the ship. It's in next year's production plans. Mal's Pistol and the Alliance Exclusive Currency pack are the first 2 items coming out next month. QMx, who we are direct with are hush hush about the ship, except for what they said in the interview, which wasn't that much. Also, the Club Exclusive version of the money pack will be available through direct dealers. So you can save some money off the MSRP on it. From what I heard, it will be produced until the end of the month and then QMx will produce a normal version of the Currency pack starting December without the map and chance to win the pre-production Artwork. Also, the owner of QMx is none other than Steve Dymszo. If none of you know who Steve is, the started prop replicas when back when with a company named SD Studios. They produced high end replicas like the Golden Gun from The Man with a Golden Gun / James Bond Movie. Then he closed SD and became the head of Master Replicas. Which excites me, because only bigger and better Serenity props will be coming out in the future.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,
Mike

And Mike has those first 2 items up for preorder as we speak. Mal's pistol even has free US shipping.

My orders are in :D

Can't wait for more details on the ship.

mrichards2002 said:
Also, the owner of QMx is none other than Steve Dymszo. If none of you know who Steve is, the started prop replicas when back when with a company named SD Studios. They produced high end replicas like the Golden Gun from The Man with a Golden Gun / James Bond Movie. Then he closed SD and became the head of Master Replicas.

Interesting, I didn't know Steve was behind this. I just heard that Corgi has acquired Master Replica. I wonder if that affects Steve standing in the company, which would explain his branching off to form QMx.

Back