Let the speculation begin - First 2 figures...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just my .02, but I think the line will start with Aragorn and probably Frodo...these are the two pivotal characters and good ones to launch with.

Can you imagine the Orc, Uruk, Harad, Easterling, Gondor Ranger, Rohirrim, Hobbit, Elf, Dwarf possibilites with this line?

This promises to be GREAT...

Hope they get the 12" license as well!

Geb

I'm going to say Strider and (going out on a limb) a Helm's Deep Uruk-hai with armor. I HOPE that SideShow makes a FARAMIR!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
My guess is anything but Gandalf the Grey statue.
Since Brent said hairs will be sculpted...
Gandalf's long polystone beard wouldn't
go well with his costume. :D

Geb said:
Can you imagine the Orc, Uruk, Harad, Easterling, Gondor Ranger, Rohirrim, Hobbit, Elf, Dwarf possibilites with this line?

I would go for anything Gondor related...a soldier or something.

1/4 PF LOTR is going to be so cool!

wookilar8 said:
Would they need to make a Dark Lord Sauron PF or is the 24" Statue in 1/4 scale?:confused:

No, Sauron is still 1/6 scale. He's just a big mofo!!!

My guesses are Lurtz(can we agree that this is certain???) and Strider.

Why? Well, Brant said that the two initial figures would demonstrate just how different and diverse this line will be. What did I take that to mean? Good Guy, Bad Guy. True, A Dward is different from an Elf is different from a Man is different than a Hobbit is different than a Wizard. However.. Niether of those two paired together would REALLY demonstrate "just how different and diverse this line will be."

I can't believe I get to experience this from the very beginning!!!! Can't WAIT to see what amazing things we have coming our way!

Maybe it is just me but I could care less on this line, seems to me like SS is trying to keep a dying line alive………..$200-$450 a pop :horror , wow, good luck and have fun.......:sick

naturally, it should be 2 statues omitted from the SSW line.

I vote FARAMIR and EOMER

This is something completely new. It isn't "keeping a line alive" and certainly can't fill in missing characters in the other line.

I'll be a completist on these (unless they make someone lame like Lurtz), whereas I'd have no hope with the SS/W line.

Deffinately two characters from FOTR, one being from the fellowship and the other, if they say will be different in look and species, since all the members in the fellowship look humanoid I will say they will have an Uruk/Orc, so I would go along with the majority and say Gandalf and Lurtz this would show what we can expect from future releases and show the diversity of the line.

Though two characters from the prologue would be a good start, High Elven and Orc warrior! :banana

I'm kind of with you Mo, I'm excited about the announcement, but I don't know if I'll get them all....as mum said it has to stop somewhere, and to me nothing can beat Weta. It's that authenticity I prefer. I've just looked at the Star Wars stuff and to me they don't seem that great, not something I'm interested in, but I'll have to see what these ones look like! I'm sure I'll get one or two, but I'd prefer to have my Weta collection. I prefer realistic looking statues over these kinds of figures.....but we shall see.

I might be interested in some pieces to fill in such as Farimar or something like a Shire enviro or Sam carrying Frodo but not statues I already have.

MAD

I'm really mad at the moment because of this so I can't really give a rational view.I was looking forward to the end of the line and displaying etc and now this.They really are milking us...there is no doubt that the majority of these figures will be better, but what are you supposed to do with them??Just having the fellowship would take up SO MUCH space it's ridiculous.Unless you are rich and live in a mansion there is no way you could display these to good effect.I will be holding off as long as possible.Current line WILL go down in price...I feel like just selling the whole bloody lot at the moment despite how much i like them.My two pence...

P.s - Think it will be a Uruk and a Hobbit..one to create interest and wow factor and one at the lower of pricing scale to tempt people in.

Frodo in his "return to the shire" costume from ROTK would be interesting.

This line has the potential to be mind blowing. If they do real metal armour and get the clothing and accessories right I will be buying many of them. Make sure the clothes are a heavy fabric though something vibrant, thick, and plush. Something worthy of a character of middle earth as well as a PF figure. And I know they are going to make all the weapons and shields out of metal, right!! :D

Man this line could be amazing if it's done right.

Jesse

Back