Let the speculation begin - First 2 figures...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Let the speculation begin - First 2 figures

I would think Lurtz and either Gandalf the Grey or a Hobbit.

If you look at the 1/4 scale SS LOTR busts, you can get
a real feel for how this line could end up. And I was thinking
the metal armour would be expensive but yet the 1/4 scale
helms were inexpensive enough.

What about the exclusives including a Signature Edition since
these actors are still around to sign a few hundred?

I'm guessing Gandalf and Lurtz in armour. I would prefer Legolas (actual likeness with the actor) or Aragorn (actual likeness with the actor) though.:peace

Personally.....little bit drunk now....it's not going to be Faramir is it??!!Lets face it....company needs a wow factor to promote campaign so its not going to be Faramir or any other second rate personality...will be a main character(s)

Yea, personally I think Gandalf the Grey is a lock as the first piece announced.

Frodo and Armored Lurtz.

Although I'm sure Gandalf would be cool and you know I'll buy it if that's what's released, please not now. Already have Gandalf the Grey, Gandalf the White, Gandalf on Shadowfax and a Neca Epic Gandalf the Grey.

I am hoping for Armored Lurtz and Frodo, and of course eventually my Faramir and Denethor that I have always wanted to see made.

Fritz said:
Frodo and Armored Lurtz.

Although I'm sure Gandalf would be cool and you know I'll buy it if that's what's released, please not now. Already have Gandalf the Grey, Gandalf the White, Gandalf on Shadowfax and a Neca Epic Gandalf the Grey.
Everything you say is true, but remember, Sideshow isn't looking at the new PF line as an extension of the old SSW polystone line at all. There isn't going to be any effort to "fill in" missing pieces, and it doesn't sound like they will consider it a duplication if/when pieces are released that are similar to what is already in the SSW line (or the NECA line, for that matter).

RoboDad said:
Everything you say is true, but remember, Sideshow isn't looking at the new PF line as an extension of the old SSW polystone line at all. There isn't going to be any effort to "fill in" missing pieces, and it doesn't sound like they will consider it a duplication if/when pieces are released that are similar to what is already in the SSW line (or the NECA line, for that matter).

I know they don't consider it a duplication and niether do I but all I'm simply saying is I'd prefer something other than Gandalf right now.

I also think they would pick very iconic (tm-Josh) subjects to kick-start this. I'm thinking they're gonna want to show not only their in-house sculpting skills, but their costuming skills as well.
For the good guys, a choice of 3: Frodo, Aragron/Strider, Gandalf
For the baddies, a choice of 3 also: Saruman, Lurtz in armor, Ringwraith/Witchking

My PERSONAL interest for the first piece would be Frodo and Saruman. If they can get the facial images on them right and do right by the potentially even-more difficult costumes for the smaller hobbits, then they'll sell many of us who are still on the fence, but are keeping open minds.

(am waiting...hoping...praying....that Denethor and his costume will deserve the recognition it deserves as well as the Eowyn at Edoras dress and Elrond at Rivendell costume)

Wetanut got me thinking of what's "iconic" for the line and fits what Brant said. How about a Ringwraith and Frodo, perhaps as companion pieces from Weathertop. Now that would be very cool.

As for Gandalf - I have a Did 12" Gandalf the white figure, but I don't have any other Gandalfs. I've been waiting for the perfect medium and this could be it.

hmm

Sideshow has displayed a willingness to make unconventional choices in their new life-scale StarWars busts. Maul is agreed upon by everyone to have been a fantastic element from (the much disagreed upon) Ep I, and Greedo definitely conjurs images from a (single, 30 second) scence, but neither are stars of the series. Both do seem to fit the format well though, having interesting non-human features.

OTOH, the StarWars Premium-Format has been exclusively top-liners so far (with the exception possibly of Grievous, who is just such an awesome design, and a timely match to the release of Ep III).

So, all that to say -- headliners or sub-major characters with fantastic design elements ... My guess is headliners for the timebeing. I'm going to go with Frodo and Gollum. Both were woefully underrepresented in the Sideshow*Weta Collaboration IMHO, and they fit the bill of "opposites" nicely.

:peace

Nice reasoning Spaceman, but I hadn't even considered Gollum for this line, although it would be a shame if he's not done eventually. He just doesn't have the elements that make the mixed media format of the PFs so intriguing. But, unlike most of you, I have no representation of Gollum.

So if they make it...I will buy...

I don't plan on buying any only because I am out of room..
BUT !!!!!!!!!!!
If they ever did one of the HIGH ELVEN WARRIOR....
I WOULD BUY IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:banana :banana :banana :banana :banana
Bill

If and more then likely WHEN they do Aragorn (Strider), I will probably get that one, and maybe a Morgul Lord Witch King too if they did one...

I agree that the first of the 1/4 scale mixed media pieces will have to be the ones that sell the rest of the line, so my guess is Gandalf or Frodo and a Ringwraith. I'm excited about these, but I don't plan to drop $450 on any of them because the prices are getting too rediculious. They certainly shouldn't charge any more than the Star Wars 1/4 scale line, IMO. You can also bet that the likenesses will be dead on also, because at this scale, the likeness IS the selling point, not the size or the ultra uber accessories.

I agree with you. And, I think $250 is more then enough...

General Grievous was/is $450 so, I am sure at least a couple will be that much.

And, for me that's too much.

I'll spend the $250 or so for an Aragorn...but, it's gotta be something truly incredible for me to spend $450 on it.

FINALLY a Fellowship Pippin instead of that "eech a mouse" statue.

And maybe just maybe they will do a Treebeard maquette also.

Back