Less than happy with ENTERBAY

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: ENTERBAY SUCKS

I think there's something to that, with Hot Toys, Enterbay, and even Sideshow when you're talking statues. But I don't think Enterbay is quite the established brand with brand supporters yet. Nothing like what Hot Toys has achieved, of course. They've just started branching out beyond Bruce Lee and niche movie licenses over the last couple of years into Batman, Rambo, Terminator, etc., so that real fan base you are referring to is still in its infant stages to my eyes. And because of that, I think their problems are more serious than if they had this sort of thing crop up after they had established themselves as a truly major player in the industry. They've got a good advantage right now because Hot Toys is only beginning to do the 1/4 scale figures that is really EB's bread and butter at the moment (so EB has basically cornered that market), but HT is gonna catch up with production, and then EB could have a real problem.

I wonder how long a "SIDESHOW SUCKS" thread would stay alive if we kept on repeating the same thing over and over again, like "They wouldn't replace my Terminator statue" or "They told me to glue the statue back together".

Of course, those figures can be quite stunning if you can avoid or work around all the QC problems. I fixed up my Batman so they weren't really detracting from the figure itself (minus the one belt piece that had no magnet).

Well perhaps the thread title should be "Enterbay's QC Sucks"

Can't see anyone disagreeing with that.

I wonder how long a "SIDESHOW SUCKS" thread would stay alive if we kept on repeating the same thing over and over again, like "They wouldn't replace my Terminator statue" or "They told me to glue the statue back together".

"Or we have checked all our inventory, all have the same natural handmade issue, so there is no point in sending you replacement"

Well perhaps the thread title should be "Enterbay's QC Sucks"

Can't see anyone disagreeing with that.

I agree that their QC sucks, but there are also discussions about people's experiences dealing with Enterbay's customer service as well. The QC and CS problems do go hand in hand though. :1-1:

Unless there was something else going on, I wouldn't close it. . .

I for one will never buy another EB figure. I have Leon and Jack Bauer, and they both had problems. I have owned many HT and SS amongst others, while some of them have problems, they weren't as bad as my EB figures. When paying such a premium for a figure, you expect them to get it right and if it isn't, you expect them to fix it. I get that every manufacturer will have some QC issues. That is unavoidable, but Enterbay does a horrible job of trying to please their customers. Rule of thumb in the 1/6th market, is to buy from people you trust to make it right if there is a problem. Because if there is, you may be stuck holding the bag.

is not only the ...tty qc service,
enterbay qc sucks and this is true for sure... all we know...
enterbay suck as well because they know and do nothing to fix it......

is the same story every release...

"I am sorry for you problem please send back the figure (at your charge) and we can sent a replacement.. "

or

"for all the costumers has bought the figure from the 2 may or dec 20.., we are sorry for the incovenience of the several issues for forget about it we will give a present...
a wonderful toothpick used already by chuck norris..or stinky sock used by my mother...

please send to us your money again.... and we' ll play with your follshness again and again....

this is unaccettable..for do not forget the scotch tape in the legs of the mib figure...(photo credit to adeline..)

is not a good thing every time I wait a figure from them, hold the breath in the hope all is fine...

Last edited:

I only have one EB 1/6 figure (out of 120 figures I own or so), Leon, and the only problem I have is the staining of the clothes on the body and head (from the beanie hat)...needed to say I will probably never own a EB again.

Out of the MANY HT figures I've owned, I can only think of maaaaybe 2 figures that had serious QC concerns.

As bad as enterbay is sometimes, it will never equal the debacal called DX02. Enterbay problems can usually be fixed or prevented unlike the DX02 mess. Hot toys is great, but that was the worst PR nightmare. I think DX12 was to sort of make up for it. Was so glad I sold my DX02 before Anything happened yet.

:lol how long ago was DX02 again? In any case I see your DX02 and raise you a GoD v3.

That was my reaction initially and I think to a certain degree the flash plays a part in making it stand out more, but the owner commented and said the colour varies quite a lot. Bad Enterbay! :thwak
There goes another unsatisfied EB customer then :slap
do you want it be lack of something too? :dunno
:dunno
BL1-3.jpg
It's so ridiculous how your BL figure looks way different to everybody elses :lol

When are you selling that sculpt? :naughty

Jokes :D
But maybe that's why Howard Chan has private planes while Enterbay Bill has a fancy car.
Owned :lol

It's so ridiculous how your BL figure looks way different to everybody elses :lol
yes is good..but not so good..;)
is a pic out of focus..if you adjust the focus is not the same...;)

I know by myself is different because
that head has little eyes too is different from the most sold..
with biiiiiiiiiiiiiig eyes...but I am really happy with th result..
at the end I have repainted mine and changed that horrible body..
I really loved the work of park it was a reallly shame it has been ruined by the EB...

anyway for do not forget the enterbay cheat...

now is the enterbay standard paint :slap

^ The one that got away :slap :lol
yes is good..but not so good..;)
is a pic out of focus..if you adjust the focus is not the same...;)
Sorry Shadow. I remember Rorywan showing both sculpts to compare, in focus, & the difference was ridiculous. If I can find that pic, I'll post it.

Edit: Found it :yess:

BL11.jpg

^ The one that got away :slap :lol

Sorry Shadow. I remember Rorywan showing both sculpts to compare, in focus, & the difference was ridiculous. If I can find that pic, I'll post it.

yes do it thanks...I think I never see that in focus..:hi5:

To be frank, the money from "u" guys is really minimal compared to the mass majority who really doesn't care much about the QC as long as they get the figure with "ENTERBAY" or "HOT TOYS" logo on it if you know what i mean.

Back when companies release products to sell to targeted consumers they have to be really careful about the product & services.

When the target switch to "mediocre" "Pop-culture" buyers, all these become less relevant because you know they know no matter how *****ty their product is there will always be buyers.

Don't blame enterbay, blame the majority buyers.

Agreed. I think a lot of people believe this forum is somehow representative of the entire buying market and that the reactions here are the reactions shared by all and that a bad opinion here is the death of a big company. You even see it with figure choices, where I saw someone honestly asking why HT were making another Iron Man when "everybody here is tired of them." The sort of person who buys these figures and then hangs out on a forum like this is I think a very particular type of buyer, not representative of most buyers at this time and most likely not very important to either Enterbay's or HT's bottom-line and not even close to what keeps either company afloat...

It's not good, I'm not trying to downplay QC issues, but I would wager that the greater majority buying dismisses 90% of what people here see as a big problem. A gap in the side seam of the body is probably not going to be an issue, for example. They will have an issue with two left shoes or a missing accessory but a lot of things people here hold up as 'the horror of horrors,' like height differences between Jordans or weak knees, I don't think the average buyer actually notices or cares about.

Yep, I agree. There are a ton of problems with HT figures as well but yet they seem to be held on a pedestal that do no wrong. Cap shields chipping paint, ED209 dome rotting away, Comedian suits melting, Iron Monger hip cracks, broken pegs/joints/PERS to add a few to your list.

I believe the thought is that most EB issues are clear and noticeable at the packing stage, and could and should be corrected there, but that they just don't care or are trying to save money. Literally an issue of controlling quality. Whereas most HT problems are about deterioration, like ED209 and Comedian rotting, Iron Man fading, etc. They're not problems they'd be seeing at the packaging stage. I think that's what the difference is. It all comes to the same end though: figures with quality issues.

I think it's reasonable to suppose that HT and EB have the same quality level coming out of their factories, same defects, but HT tosses or fixes the defective items whereas EB just packs and sells them. It might even be possible that EB purposely lets defective items through, for the reason I gave above: some will be unhappy and return them but this will be outweighed by the amount that will accept them.

^ Up there Shadow :D

holy ..ck yes is a way different
I know rorywan is a good painter..but the left one is the firts batch release and the paint was very awful...and how I wrote early the rorywan head has eyes more little than the most sold...
and this is a biiiiiig difference..
If you found the pics of the arrowwe's bruce is about the same (he has found little eyes too in his figure):monkey2

uh I forgot...this is the best pic of the enterbay god thread ever....

ERECTION BRUCE LEE...WE WILL NEVER FORGET

:horror:horror:horror:horror

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back