Less than happy with ENTERBAY

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: ENTERBAY SUCKS

Only Enterbay I've bought is Jack Bauer. I like it.

Difficult to take a rant seriously when it starts with this ...

So ... you've never bought anything from them? Why do you care, then? Let somebody who's been burned post a rant ... instead of an odd rant-by-hearsay.

SnakeDoc

Actually ... now that I think of it, I have two. I think the Jason Bourne I have is also Enterbay. Never had a problem with either.

SnakeDoc

I have a total of 8 enterbay figures,kato,god b.lee,leon,godfather,joker,batman and 2 t 800s.I've not had 1 issue with any of them.now I own about 80 hot toys figures and I've had a lot more issues with them.there early stuff is fine well except for knee joints breaking on every figure I own.but other than that not bad.but there recent stuff seems to be very delicate.for example I have the mark 3 bd iron man and he has been fine,I've posed him,opened his flaps and missles hundreds of times and he is still in great shape,then I got the mark 2 au version.I took him out of the box and on my first attempt at opening the arm missle it snapped off.now I've done the mark 3 100s of times so I'm no stranger to how it works,It just broke.my iron monger has more cracks in it than camden has crackheads,avengers cap had all 3 buttons snap the very 1st time I tried to put hood on,and my dx11 had a missing trigger on the shotgun.that's just a few things I can think of at the moment.now enterbay is not perfect,but neither is hot toys .I don't disagree with everybody complaining about qc,but you can't honestly tell me ht have not had issues too.the dx lines first 2 releases both have problems.I have yet to meet anyone with a functional pers system in a dx01.ill take a stain under the clothes over oily abs that disinegrate the rubber any day

Yep, I agree. There are a ton of problems with HT figures as well but yet they seem to be held on a pedestal that do no wrong. Cap shields chipping paint, ED209 dome rotting away, Comedian suits melting, Iron Monger hip cracks, broken pegs/joints/PERS to add a few to your list. Contacting their customer support for me has been just as futile as what other people say about EB customer support to boot.

Where as all the 1/4 EB figures I have received have been fine but that is a smaller sample size.

I don't think people are saying HT doesn't have its own fair share of problems. I personally had to deal with the DX-02 snafu, DX-01 PERS breaking, old Joker knees snapping, etc. But maybe 1 out of every 7-10 Hot Toys figures has major, systematic QC issues nowadays, and with Enterbay we've seen it with most of their more recent, high profile releases (Bruce Lee, Men in Black, 1/4 scale Batman, Michael Jordan). It's great that some of you here haven't experienced those same problems, but it's hard to deny the evidence if you peruse some of those threads.

And the customer service problem is heightened for EB because Hot Toys has Sideshow as a distributor, while EB has Diamond, and only for a handful of releases, which currently isn't nearly as effective if you aren't ordering from a place with lots of resources to handle customer problems like BBTS.

There was a real backlash over those MIB3 floppy knees, but sideshow do the same with their bodies and nobody really complains about it :dunno

Glad someone else notices these things

:1-1:

It's likely due to the fact that Star Wars and GI Joe skew older and the collectors are less "butt" retentive about things.

It's the price you pay for having the "hot" licenses.

OCD behaviour in this hobby puzzles you ?

..now that you put it like that :lol

There's always the thinking that people might miss out unless they push the PO button I guess, which I can understand, but... the prices these things go for I just never think to chance it. I'd rather miss out altogether than be stuck with a poor figure.

Glad someone else notices these things

:1-1:

It's likely due to the fact that Star Wars and GI Joe skew older and the collectors are less "butt" retentive about things.

It's the price you pay for having the "hot" licenses.

Yeh, two different sets of collectors there generally speaking I suppose. People with a floppy stormtrooper were more than happy to dab a few drops of glue on the knees to tighten up the body, but Enterbay effectively does the same thing with tape and out come the flaming torches :lol It's not just about price either. Some HT figures really need a body swap to reach their true potential and folks kinda shrug that off.

I think another part of it is that expectations are lower for Sideshow figures. They are overpriced at this point, but still cheaper on average than Enterbay stuff. Frankly, I don't think collectors consider Sideshow genuinely "high end" as they do HT figures. I don't. Paint apps, clothing, and bodies are all a few years behind Hot Toys. So Sideshow finds its niche of licenses HT doesn't touch and gets its money that way. But Enterbay behaves as if it wants to be an alternative and competitor to Hot Toys, so I think collectors set up appropriate expectations. Make no mistake, when something goes wrong with a Hot Toys figure, you know it.

There actually was pretty extensive complaining about the Prometheus body back when it was a newer deal. But they have actually improved the body substantially, and though it's still far inferior to the Truetype, folks are generally happy that the Joes will stand up straight, even if that means "rubber knees" like they gave Zartan and Rock N Roll.

Yeh, EB's "passion for perfection" vs SSC's "passion for a pretty well resolved figure at a reasonable price point"... expectations are going to be different.

And if you deal with Sideshow customer service much nowadays, they reflect that expectation level. Something broke off your statue? They'll suggest you glue it back on. Jacket sticking to your Terminator? Try baby powder.

And if you deal with Sideshow customer service much nowadays, they reflect that expectation level. Something broke off your statue? They'll suggest you glue it back on. Jacket sticking to your Terminator? Try baby powder.

atwo42lw.jpg

Didn't Enterbay tell people who had floppy knees on their MIB figures to put tape on the knee hinge in order to strengthen them?
I think that's actually the way they repaired them, & sent them back to customers. Crazy.

----------

Because of the importance I put over having a really good head sculpt likeness on a figure, it's kinda hard to ignore EB, even if they seem "dodgy" sometimes. Head sculpts aren't everything, but it can certainly stop me from buying figures of characters I want (like most of the HT Avengers :gah:), & actually get me interested in figures of characters I'm not necessarily a hardcore fan of, like the EB Terminator figures, or their (cancelled?) Django figures.

I've dealt with EB customer service a few times. Usually winding up (eventually) with a favourable result for me. I think one of the things that might be frustrating with EB, is the time it sometimes takes to reply to emails. But when they reply, they seem to be polite, & do help out. It's not like they say "DEAL WITH IT" when you have a QC issue with your figure :lol Or do they? I haven't had that response anyway. Although, going silent might imply they are saying "DEAL WITH IT" to some peeps.

One of the main turn off's with EB, when dealing with a QC issue, is the customer paying for shipping the item back to them. Having to go into your own pockets for something that isn't your fault can really annoy peeps. That's why SSC is cool sometimes (which kinda benefits HT's reputation maybe). Have a problem with your statue? Smash it, we'll send you another. What? Your HT figure's head sculpt is faulty? Destroy it, we'll send another, free of charge. Yay.

QC problems + Mediocre customers service + Return shipping charges = This thread :lol

Realistic expectations + Knowing EB's reputation + PayPal protection = Prepared customer :D

QC problems + Mediocre customers service + Return shipping charges = This thread :lol

Realistic expectations + Knowing EB's reputation + PayPal protection = Prepared customer :D

I agree 100% too, but from the beginning product of EB i thinks really about the body, i don't know how the qc maintain the quality but if want to buy enterbay items, must change the body with another brands product. it's my experience about EB brands. :)

I don't think EB bodies are that bad. In fact, after the whole MiB issue calmed down a bit, I decided to buy a parted out Will Smith body. It was fine. Looked cool, & stood fine on it's own. So I purchased another. It's a nice AA body. I know the 'Game Of Death' rubber body had it's problems, but I still really like it.

Seems we have different experiences :D

Although, with this many people complaining about them, I'm sure there are problems.
:lecture Agree 100% :)
:hi5:
I think I misread this before as being EB customer service. Is this SSC customer service? Wow. Maybe it depends who you get as your customer service rep. That's some lame responses from SSC.

Last edited:

Yep, that was Sideshow. I personally got the one about the sticky jacket. Like EB, they wanted me to pay return shipping plus eat the original shipping cost for a return because the sticky jacket problem (stuck to and eroded the paint) took over 30 days to manifest.

I guess SSC customer service isn't always satisfactory either then. I've only had one issue with an HT figure, & they were really cool about it.

Shame they weren't understanding about your "sticky jacket" situation.

Ihave several Enterbay figs: several BLs, two Bauers, One Palmer, MIB, Jason Bourne, Mr Han... never had an issue. Tight joints, top notch clothing. Better likeness and paint job than HT. Some of the best figs ever...

I must be one of the lucky ones. I've got the two 1/4 Terminators and could not be happier. Great attention to detail, best human likeness and excellent paint application. Will be a little cautious next time though. I hope it all gets sorted for the rest of you.

I totally agree!!! My friend checked the Jordan figure in the shop and found there were 2 left feet. Then, he asked for another one immediately. However, they rejected and told him to come back 2 weeks later!!! If you buy something and full pay, of course you want it immediately. How come he must wait 2 weeks??? Because he is not lucky??? Why couldn't they just give him another one??? There were many boxes at the shop. It's not nice to treat customer like that!!! And the service is sucks!!! It's really disappointed him.

Every post in here further backs up my stance on Enterbay. Sure Hot Toys has QC issues, but none of the issues with my collection have ever been a deal breaker for me. All I hear about is the horror stories with Enterbay products so I will never buy from them, ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back