• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Collector Freaks and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Les Walker HEATH LEDGER JOKER HEAD thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
4 years, no excuse imaginable to take peoples money and all of those same people have nothing to show for it.
Plain and simple, he is a thief.

not to stir up other crap but a bunch of us are still waiting on Maximus figures from Sovereign Studios.
What's up with these guys? I understand life comes first but if you want to start a business and take money. Deliver on what you promise for that money in a timely fashion.

pretty sure soverign sells maximus each and every month on ebay..!! how many of you are aiting for one? and how long?

I never received my Joker head either. Les went through a lot and he was one of the few guys I could understand not being able to get his work done. One thing I've never had with Les also is a communication problem , everytime I've sent him an email he's replied , I'm not sure if that's the case with everyone else ?. I've just not tried for a long while though. I just forgot about my Joker head to be honest , with what Les was going through I just left it.

I'm owed a lot more from Dark Artist which was another odd one since now and then he'd come back trying to finish the stuff but it never happened.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=wLR3rKxxmzI

this video was posted January of this year his last response on this video was 2 months ago

Les is replying to a guy who's actually saying he's received his figure so that might be a sign he's still working through sending everything back.

I never received my Joker head either. Les went through a lot and he was one of the few guys I could understand not being able to get his work done. One thing I've never had with Les also is a communication problem , everytime I've sent him an email he's replied , I'm not sure if that's the case with everyone else ?. I've just not tried for a long while though. I just forgot about my Joker head to be honest , with what Les was going through I just left it.

I'm owed a lot more from Dark Artist which was another odd one since now and then he'd come back trying to finish the stuff but it never happened.

Les is replying to a guy who's actually saying he's received his figure so that might be a sign he's still working through sending everything back.

I dealt with Josh when he was selling some of his stuff and trying to get back on his feet, got a headsculpt from him soon after. Les though, it puzzles me as I had emailed and PMed him, and he has not responded even though I know he has been online. We are lenient and I for one used to be way more involved in the custom scene, but so much time has passed I don't think I even want it anymore. In a crude analogy it's like waiting 30 minutes for dessert, when it comes you're like I don't want this anymore. I know we paid and everything and won't get our money back, but how hopeful are you that we will get our Joker head? Les was a great person to deal with but it is not an easy option right now to chalk it up to hard times and take the loss. Money is tight (I know Les is going through the same thing) but I'd rather have something to show for it. I have had numerous deals with people on this board and this is the first time I have had anything "go wrong" so to speak. Like I said, I hope to see the heads soon and I really hope Les is okay. 4 years an waiting with the rest of you guys...

Hi Freaks

I was fortunate as I got my head. I hate to be a pest but as a business man , I stick to my commitment . When Les told me the head will be ready rain or shine after X month, I gave him that amount of time

When it didn't show up , I had no choice but to file a chargeback via my cc card. Magically, after I did that, it arrived. Les was not happy and I apologize and immediately reverse the chargeback once it arrive.

I think with custom , the way to go it to get some type of firm commitment, and when it does not deliver, you have to take the next step.

I am sorry to hear someone got no head after 4 years ( !) but I just thought I share

Wow,

This is still going on? I was in on the initial buy as well and never received my Joker. Over a year or so later I posted negative feedback in the feedback thread.

But I eventually got all my money back as I had started a mail fraud case against Les, when I informed him of the situation he immediately refunded the money and that was about 2yrs ago.

I feel for you guys that haven't received your product or your money back.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Freaks

I was fortunate as I got my head. I hate to be a pest but as a business man , I stick to my commitment . When Les told me the head will be ready rain or shine after X month, I gave him that amount of time

When it didn't show up , I had no choice but to file a chargeback via my cc card. Magically, after I did that, it arrived. Les was not happy and I apologize and immediately reverse the chargeback once it arrive.

I think with custom , the way to go it to get some type of firm commitment, and when it does not deliver, you have to take the next step.

I am sorry to hear someone got no head after 4 years ( !) but I just thought I share

How long after did you file a charge back? I think 4 years is too long to get my dough back...but would like to know anyway. Did you do it through Paypal or your CC company?

Wow,

This is still going on? I was in on the initial buy as well and never received my Joker. Over a year or so later I posted negative feedback in the feedback thread.

But I eventually got all my money back as I had started a mail fraud case against Les, when I informed him of the situation he immediately refunded the money and that was about 2yrs ago.

I feel for you guys that haven't received your product or your money back.

No need to explain further if you don't want to, but what were the reasons for the case if you don't mind my asking?

Last edited by a moderator:
No need to explain further if you don't want to, but what were the reasons for the case if you don't mind my asking?

Well the reasons were I never received the head after sending payment, is that what you mean?

Or do you mean what were steps I took to start the fraud case? if so then....

I used paypal to pay for the Joker head which shows proof of payment. saved all correspondence\emails from the both of us showing I never received the item. Contacted local Police, and my local sate Attorney General and Consumer Fraud Office.

4 years is inexcusable, and I am still accountable for my work. I hate more than anything what all this has done to me and my very much former reputation.
If nothing else, I hope I can reassure all involved, that I am still tryint to get heads painted, and sent to folks, and forever get out of this.
When I started my meager website in 2004, I had no idea I would be met with the accolades I did starting here in 2006. To say it all went to my head is an understatement. By 2008 I thought I could do way more work than I actually could, and so then, when all this terrible stuff started up with my family, I simply didn't react. I sort of went into a shell that has taken me years to re-emerge from.

I went from loving this stuff, and the work, part of what you all liked about my paintwork in the first place, the love I tried to put into it, to hating it, resenting it, and then not being able to even face it. I did and do still, plan to finish it.

All this ruined me financially. I did indeed file bankruptcy on August 11th, 2010, the day (damn near the minute actually) that a very dear family member died. It was an awful day, an awful set of months, and an awful culmination to all this backed up work. I was suicidal, and was not able to even think.

Serves me well for being an artist that used his emotions to motivate himself. I learned a big lesson and am still learning. And, thank God, I have met a woman who understands me, and is supportive, whom I hope to marry, and who is trying to help me finish all the work, accomodating me with more space to work (better than the small tabletop I have worked on for years) and with understanding, and a good prod to get it done. I needed that again after so long. I was no longer motivated, so yeah, things slowed down way too much.

I am not any other customizer, so please, blame me only, and don't compare me to Josh or Soveriegn, or anyone else, since they have their own situations which I have no affiliations with. I am sorry they put you guys through stuff too. Just blame me for mine.

I am and I will finish this. Period.

As for refunds. If there is a way, I will, but it will take a lot of time for me to work up to that. As for finished pieces, they are all in progress, all, and are closer than they appear. and will get shipped out as soon as they are done.

I have addresses, and info on all the folks waiting, so things are coming to them soon.

I apologize to you all again. For now, that is all I have. No reputation, no future in this market, and no desire to continue in it after all this. Selling off old figures on YouTube is and was all I have had going there. (Some are also finished works for others like yourself!) I do not accept new works, have not for a long time now, and am selling off my collection. In some cases, maybe some of my stuff might be a good trade out for some of the work owed. Lord knows I have enough of it.

Anyway, I am now a born again Christian who has no intention of stealing from anyone. I never did intend to steal or any other fraud by the way, my motives were good, are still good, it was my business method, or lack of, that sucked.

And I have never been in hiding. I am out in plain sight. Always have been throughout all this. Just have not had much to say here. I guess I have simply been too embarrassed to post anything. But, I am always at reach and I always try to answer emails. I just hope any of you can understand how hard it is to answer anger over time. One tends to run from it. It's hard to face. More than humbling, actually painful. Doesn't make for much of a motivator to paint, but that's my problem and I am working on it. But I have not been hiding from anyone. I get the idea that others do. Sorry about that. Again, please judge me by my own deeds and not those of others.

I am no longer living by the Figuremaster Les name. To me that is dead. I hate the name. I will no longer abide by it. I am trying very hard to atone for what I did, and am accountable to you all.

At the end of all this, please know, I am still honored that any of you ever wanted my work in the first place. To have put you all through all this wait is inexcusable, and I will make it right. Somehow.
I need to at least say thank you for ever wanting my work back then. I am sorry I didn't handle it correctly and took any money at all. I have been an idiot about it, and way too emotional. Those days are over. I will fix this.

I will. As God is my witness, I will.

Your humble servant,
Les Walker
April 11, 2012.

(And I am not worried if I am banned or not. I understand if that is the final situation. I have no plans to return to any of this after my catch up work is complete anyway. But, I hope I can at least use this forum for updates until such a time as a ban is placed on me. I accept the judgement of anyone that feels I need to be banned. Again, I apologize. If I am banned, someone will need to post a site or link to any updates wherever I can find space to post them. Thanks)

Last edited:
Glad to hear from you Les and that you're doing better. :wave
As mentioned I don't think many people are angry or if they were are past that now, just wondering what was happening. I appreciate the update as I'm sure everyone else does.

I hope you're not banned , not accepting work anymore it wouldn't seem the right thing to do to me when all you're trying to do is update us.
I can't even begin to understand how hard it's all been but I'm sure updates now and then in this thread when possible would likely make people feel a lot better about this situation. Maybe not so much for the passion of the hobby but to just let everyone know the work is being done as I think that's what most people are doubting now with it having been so long.

I hope you can get past this and get everything sent out finished. It's a shame everything turned out like this but it can still be patched up to be better than it is and have a somewhat happy ending.

Les. 4 years may be a while but under the circumstances you were under I honestly do not think you could have done more.

As for the customs I have outstanding with you, no more stress from my end.

take 40 years or give it to me in the next age, it's fine by me you've been a trooper and I think you deserve some recognition for that.

things will look up.

for the rest who feel ripped off, consider and ask if beating a man who is already down will do you or anyone any good.

live and let live. give the man some space to breathe.

First let me be clear. I dont mean this as an attack but as someone that got screwed over by 2 customizers for some serious cash, im just curious as to why so many are SO forgiving when it comes to Les? Would Sovereign Studio, Dark Artist, Howes, etc... get the same treatment? I REALLY dont think so.

Last edited:
Back