Les Walker - Contact

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not defending, nor did I ever commission him, just saying les was a long time member who did deliver at one time and who I saw go down hill, Chris however I saw started here posted sculpts took payments then disappeared. Big difference in character though same result

Yes. It's the difference between hiding in the bushes with a hammer waiting to bash someone's face in and driving on black and ice and sliding into a person on accident.

Strange analogy, I know. But Les hit a patch of black ice. He wasn't waiting in the bushes.

Sorry. :wave

If you think he is that awesome how about you pay me and try to get the money back from Les? :lol
So he took my money by accident? Well than it is a whole different story. Les owes me roughly 200. There is no excuse for this. He wasnt here for about a year, and will most likely not return. He is hiding just like Howes. But good to see he is going on vacation instead of paying people their money back.

I think DA81 doesn't deserve to brought up. He admitted to messing up. He became overwhelmed. **** happens. He has done his best to pay his debt to everyone, including myself. My point is this was a long time ago. It's no longer warranted to go there. Focus it on Les, but at this point... that's even moot since it's like getting blood from a stone.

:lol Croydon rocks! :hi5:

I used to work in the BT building that was used as Gotham Hospital in The Dark Knight Rises! :yess:

It looks like Les is away on holiday at the moment, so that might be why he hasn't replied. I'll give him a few weeks and then try him on Facebook.

Cheers,

PsychoCenobite :horror

Yeah I only found out after filming that they were in croydon :slap
Would have been cool to get an autograph from chrisitan bale, not a big fan of the batman films but loved american psycho.

As for les.
I didn't lose any money because I did'nt buy anything from him, but nearley bough a repainted alien from him on ebay but got outbid.

It went for under a hundred pounds and I regret not bidding more as he was a talented artist and did some amazing work.

This was around the time he was trying to pay back people before he went bankrupt.
He seemed a genuine guy to me, from what I read on his thread and the brief exchanges through pms we had.
He just took on too much and became overwhelmed with the work, plus his own and families health problems, as others have said.

Yes he should pay back the people he took money from and he probably will if he can.:dunno
I don't think he's sitting on a beach counting the money and lighting cigars with dollar bills and laughing his **** off:lol

No need to make fun of his disability or his wifes either that is uncalled for:pfft:

People are STILL sticking up for this Guy???? LMAOOOOOOOOOOOO
Unbelievable!!!!!!!!!!!!!

People still think there's a place called Aztlan? Even more unbelievable.

Yes. It's the difference between hiding in the bushes with a hammer waiting to bash someone's face in and driving on black and ice and sliding into a person on accident.

Strange analogy, I know. But Les hit a patch of black ice. He wasn't waiting in the bushes.

Sorry. :wave

:dunno

You're asking way too much of people.

He's had my HT Wolf Predator since 2008...

If I didn't live thousands of miles away, I'd probably pay him a visit (no violence of course, just to get back what's mine)

I've been taking commissions for months now and could never picture myself treating my customers this way.

**** happens but I won't keep what isn't mine.

He's had my HT Wolf Predator since 2008...

If I didn't live thousands of miles away, I'd probably pay him a visit (no violence of course, just to get back what's mine)

I've been taking commissions for months now and could never picture myself treating my customers this way.

**** happens but I won't keep what isn't mine.
Don’t blame you I’d be the same, if it were me.
Is anybody here actually in contact with him?
Checked out his fb page has anybody tried contacting through there?

I've had some contact with him on Facebook... but like I said the one time I asked about an ETA on the Joker head he became very defensive and gave me the "why is everyone ganging up on me" response.

Mind you, this is the only time I'd asked him in over 2 years and it was part of a larger conversation that we were having.

I used to be a defender of Les' and he was someone I considered a friend, but honestly his complete lack of concern for his outstanding orders (and even still holding onto to people's items) is just unacceptable. He could have made things right by now, but has chosen not to and that I cannot be cool with.

I will agree with Pix on the issue of this not being intentional, I don't believe he (or DA) set out to rip others off, but at the end of the day the result is the same.

Les is a pretty good guy as a friend. He was one of the guys who got me into this hobby and I’m grateful for his support and encouragement of my sculpting back when I thought I wasn’t that good at it. And his life situation (that is, and was real at the time.) I wouldn’t wish on anyone with what he’s had to deal with personally.

With that said here’s the “BUT.” Les had the stereotypical attitude of the “customizer” that makes trouble for all the rest of us. It’s a mindset that I don’t fully understand and most likely never will. When talking about getting “backed up” and “overwhelmed” this is what Les’s mind set is and what he said:

“I spent the money paid me for to paint these heads (or insert item here), that money is gone. And I still have to paint these heads, so now I’m essentially I’m working for free."

So that is what you guys are dealing with. In his mind he is free from obligation and has created a fantasy world where that statement makes perfect sense to him. This is why he gets defensive when it’s brought up, you’re cracking the fantasy bubble he lives in.

I don’t live too far from Les, about 4 hours or so. I’m not saying I will be able to do anything but if I can get through to him I’ll see if I can get anything back for you guys.

That's a ridiculous statement.

Never take the money up front... once money is paid and spent then the desire to do the job diminishes. A deposit if you must, to secure the order, but anything more is asking for trouble.

Les had the stereotypical attitude of the “customizer” that makes trouble for all the rest of us. It’s a mindset that I don’t fully understand and most likely never will. When talking about getting “backed up” and “overwhelmed” this is what Les’s mind set is and what he said:

“I spent the money paid me for to paint these heads (or insert item here), that money is gone. And I still have to paint these heads, so now I’m essentially I’m working for free."

At least it's not a case of traumatic amnesia so those remnants of conscience will be torturing him to the end of days.
His life is not to be envied by anyone.

I had heads show up from him almost 3.5 years after paying for them

He had a lot of bad things happen but he's not a thief I'm not saying it justifies it either but I do understand his plight. It's why I don't take panting commissions.

People still think there's a place called Aztlan? Even more unbelievable.

Great way to ignore my statements, i'm sure peeps that those that lost their money gained a lot of insight from your observation.
If your sticking up for Les, because he a buddy, that your business, but come on man, is it really hard to see why peeps are still upset when his name comes up?? he burned a lot of peeps.

Okay, question answered - he hasn't been on the forum for years.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back