Legolas Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wor-Gar said:
It really doesn't look like it in person. In fact, my own pictures don't really capture how he looks in hand. Its that damn macro lens -- it does in fact distort the face a bit, which seems to really effect this particular sculpt. I promise you, in hand, its a perfect little Orlando Bloom.

As much as I want to believe that, I see the same long chin in all the Legoles pix :confused: perhaps the HS just isnt photogenic or somethin

A few more closer to some light -- again, this figure is straight from the box, no futzing at all...

Legolasarrives6.jpg

Legolasarrives7.jpg

Legolasarrives8.jpg

His chin may be a bit big. I don't know. I don't have any pictures of Orlando to compare. It looks good in person though, that's all I can say.

My lighting is very warm also, so his complexion may seem a bit tanned.

Thanks for the ref shots. Chin looks fine, O had a chin for goodness sakes, doesn't anyone remember POTC? :lol

btw, this is another beauty WG, thanks man.

Legolasarrives8.jpg

Someday I want to understand the mystery of Sideshow's shipping order. I'm in Utah and mine will be here tomorrow morning, yet Pix is just little ways north and is always way behind me. Not only that, others in California sometimes have to wait weeks for theirs, but when I send mine to Orange County back home they come early for me again. It's so confusing!

I can't wait for tomorrow though. I've already cleared a space for him; now Aragorn won't be so lonely amongst all those Jedi..........

Last edited:
Wor-Gar said:
Thanks. That's great reference. The chin looks OK to me. If anything, he looks a little "older" in the sculpt. Orlando sure looks young in those ref shots.

No problem. I guess the more I look at the pix, I think the HS is a bit narrow, probably that's the why I think the chin looks "big", Anyways, 90% there on a mass produce figure is fine, I dont think there is any 1/6 figure that gets it 100%. well....enterbay bruce comes very close IMHO, but that thing is not painted. but HS is about as close to the real thing as I can see.

Wow, this quiver with blades is really complicated to figure out how to put on. :confused:

Anyone have reference that shows how Legolas actually wears this thing?

EDIT: Well, I found it. After careful analysis, there is a little tiny hook hidden in the bottom of the quiver leather that "hooks" into a little tiny hole on the long loose strap.

You'll all know what I mean when you get yours. Tricky, Sideshow... very tricky. :)

More info on accessories:
some of you may be disappointed to know that the blades do not fit into their twin sheaths. The handles that are in the sheaths are actually just handles -- they are removable, but are like stumps. This is good though when you pose him with the blades in hand so you can remove your "fake" handles from the sheaths to be accurate. Better than one complete molded piece.

More news to come as I futz...

Last edited:
Love the pics Wor-Gar!! I know that I cannot wait for him to arrive, he will get the fast track to a repaint immediately! The sculpt is definitely there and he will look fantastic when it's all said and done....

Can't wait to see my fellow artist's attempts.... :rock

Thanks for that info WG!! I've got a posed pic for him so now it's just up to the waiting.

It certainly looks like the LOTR 12" line is back on track. Legolas looks to be a huge improvement in costume, sculpt, and paint apps over Aragorn. Great pics, keep 'em coming.:cool:

Wor-Gar said:
Here we go. Legolas just found his way to my kitchen, finally. Sorry about the pics but its dark here now...

Legolasarrives1.jpg

Legolasarrives2.jpg

First impression: BEAUTIFUL FIGURE!

The cloak is awesome -- if you have it, you'll be VERY happy, because he really looks a million times better with it. Its a great material too, complete with an unusual pattern. It really is amazing.

The sculpt, as always, looks great in hand. Its the camera that makes the face odd -- the macro lens distorts it. Its Orlando, no doubt. Far better than Aragorn. If you loved Aragorn, you'll want to marry this sculpt.

The detail is sharp on the outfit, boots and vembraces. Nice materials too.

The gear is amazing too, as expected. I haven't taken it all out yet. This is gonna take a few hours to sort out.

This is all first impressions, in moody night-time lighting, but I'm really excited about this figure now -- and the entire LOTR line. Tomorrow I'll get better pictures up.

In any event, you'll be more than happy with this figure.

I'll try to get some more light in here and take a few more.

cool pics, man!!hope to see more from ya..=pwith all the gear and stuff..still gonna be a lonnng wait for me..:monkey2

the figure/paintjob looks really good doesnt it. I was going to just repaint it (eyebrows need to be thinner, wider and darker, lips need fiddling with, hair needs a dirty blonde wash over it, eyes need changing etc) but looking at it... I reckon once I start (famous last words) I'll end up resculpting some parts. It's the same as Anakin (for me... just my opinion). The chin/jaw is what takes it away from being spot on.

It's virtually there, but needs to come to more of a rounded point, i think at the front. also the vertical line going from the upper lip to the nose is too heavy and possibly wide (same as Anakin) Of course I'll only know once I have it in my hand, but what I thought about the Anakin figure turned out to be the same when I had it in hand. And I was quite happy once I'd made a few changes.

again.. this is not bashing, and I couldnt make the changes I made without the sculpt in the first place. I love these figures and look forward to every single one :D

OK, so I spent the night futzing the costume. I have NOT yet tried putting on his gear, although I now know how to attach that quiver. Here's some more helpful after futzing the costume:

1. The green "tunic" is a little difficult to work with as it is doesn't really respond to water treatment. The material texture is nice but, as someone had asked, it is indeed a bit stiff and hard to shape so that it drapes around his thighs. It wants to "fan out". However, once his quiver and cloak are on, it will be much less noticeable.

2. The silver under**** is nice...but be careful with the clasps...they hook to threads on the shirt. Very delicate. Also, to help the billowy nature of the sleeves I found that twisting the vembraces helps tighten the sleeves around the arms.

3. The "pants" look better bunched up a bit at the knees. This is also more film accurate. His legs are a bit slim, but then again so was Orlando's.

4. The belt -- you have to untie it to remove his tunic, so make a mental note how it was tied originally. Its rather simple, but I spent about 1/2 hour trying to figure out how to re-tie it (finally I had to look at one of my photos to reverse engineer the damn thing).

5. For those that water treat: I only sprayed water on the green tunic and on the blt, both of which were unaffected when it dried. I did not get the shirt wet so I can vouch for how that will turn out. But don't worry, the texture of the tunic and the detail on the belt (the writing) were unaffected by the water.

6. The cloak DOES HAVE the green broach "attached" (glued) just below the clasp (you can see it in the new prod pics). Its in a strange place, as it can't lay over the working clasp. I'm not sure if we are meant to remove the broach -- it doesn't seem very secure -- and re-glue it over the clasp... but this is what I will ultimately do. Maybe someone else will figure out how to do that best.

That's the latest news. Back with photos later. My bathroom is under major construction at the moment so it may take a while before I can have some peace to take pictures.

Last note -- now, in daylight, I do see that the chin is a bit wider than Orlando's. I still think its a fantastic sculpt, and in daylight it still holds up...but now with better lighting, it does in fact look a bit wide -- at least from straight on. But again, the attitude in the sculpt really adds a lot and its still one of my favorites.

Last edited:
Back