Legolas Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wor-Gar said:
OK, here's the other two:

Legolasarrives4.jpg

Legolasarrives5.jpg

More great shots WG, paint apps really look good.

How are the legs? Or should I ask? :lol

Last edited:
OK, uh, legs. Well, they're skinny. Its not like SS bulked them up or anything. But the pants are all bunched up so its hard to tell just how skinny they'll be. They look fine to me though.

As to the material of the "vest" -- all the material is very soft and velvety on the front. Looks like some futzing will make it look great. Its a bit stiff but should hang well, although it doesn't look like it will form on the body well without some help. Maybe water treatment.

Darth Roranous said:
The jaw is off-too wide. Oh well, still excited.

It really doesn't look like it in person. In fact, my own pictures don't really capture how he looks in hand. Its that damn macro lens -- it does in fact distort the face a bit, which seems to really effect this particular sculpt. I promise you, in hand, its a perfect little Orlando Bloom.

Anyway, I have a couple more pictures but photobucket is now down for me. I'll try again after dinner. But I won't get really good shots until tomorrow in the daylight.

Macro is tricky WG, sometimes I shoot a figure with the focus pointing at the eyes to get them clearest and it'll catch the nose and do that best so the eyes and face are blurry, not flattering but one thing I've learned, in macro mode, hold the camera as far away as you can, with zoom in at it's fullest then bring the camera closer if need be, by using zoom instead of being on top of the subject, it seems to make bend and distortion lessen.

Great pics WarGar! It makes the waiting to see if my wait list reservation coverts even more painful. Wish I hadn't taken so long to warm up to these Lord of the Rings figures. :monkey2

Thanks everyone for the comments. Glad I could help ease the pain of not knowing.

Last thing on LEGOLAS: This figure is probably one of the best sculpts I've seen from SS so far. Seriously. He has this great stern stare, almost a scowl -- a don't-mess-with-me look -- giving him much more personality than most sculpts we see. Its a relief after Aragorn's startled look.

MaulFan said:
Macro is tricky WG, sometimes I shoot a figure with the focus pointing at the eyes to get them clearest and it'll catch the nose and do that best so the eyes and face are blurry, not flattering but one thing I've learned, in macro mode, hold the camera as far away as you can, with zoom in at it's fullest then bring the camera closer if need be, by using zoom instead of being on top of the subject, it seems to make bend and distortion lessen.

That makes sense. I don't have a fancy camera -- its an old digital elf from like 2001. I'll try the zoom in thing though. Will macro work if I stand further back though?

Damn, Wor-Gar, you have some pretty high praise for this figure. Now I'm getting really excited to see him in person.

Wor-Gar said:
It really doesn't look like it in person. In fact, my own pictures don't really capture how he looks in hand. Its that damn macro lens -- it does in fact distort the face a bit, which seems to really effect this particular sculpt. I promise you, in hand, its a perfect little Orlando Bloom.

Anyway, I have a couple more pictures but photobucket is now down for me. I'll try again after dinner. But I won't get really good shots until tomorrow in the daylight.
I believe you. I will probably feel the same way when mine arrives. Will you take some pictures of him stabbing something with an arrow?:D

King Darkness said:
Damn, Wor-Gar, you have some pretty high praise for this figure. Now I'm getting really excited to see him in person.

Yeah, I'm surprised myself... but this sculpt is really good. Its up there with the Maul sculpt in terms of looking "alive". He's on my desk now and I just keep staring at him. The key here is the attitude the sculpt has. It really makes a difference.

Darth Roranous said:
I believe you. I will probably feel the same way when mine arrives. Will you take some pictures of him stabbing something with an arrow?:D

Sure, OK, how about stabbing something in my kitchen? :lol

Thanks as always for your shots and first impressions Wor Gar. You always seem to give a very balanced impression of figures... which seems hard to get at times :lol It almost makes up for the insane jealousy that you always get your figures before me :monkey2

Almost...

MaulFan said:

dont most p&s cameras have a limit to how far you can zoom in while using macro mode though?

galactiboy said:
Thanks as always for your shots and first impressions Wor Gar. You always seem to give a very balanced impression of figures... which seems hard to get at times :lol It almost makes up for the insane jealousy that you always get your figures before me :monkey2

Almost...

Thanks galactiboy! I do try to make my mini-reviews as honest as my first impressions are.

Sorry I seem to get my stuff first. Its a bonus for living in CA near Sideshow. The disadvantage is when a lot of stuff comes at once and I can't stagger it out.

I haven't futzed with the clothes, or even begun to remove them yet, but I wanted to get some pictures out quickly and some impressions about the sculpt most importantly. Again, in daylight tomorrow I'll have a better look at him. But for this little elfy guy, I'm really impressed.

Wor-Gar said:
That makes sense. I don't have a fancy camera -- its an old digital elf from like 2001. I'll try the zoom in thing though. Will macro work if I stand further back though?

It all depends on your camera I guess but it's worth a try, on mine, in macro mode I have a range of zoom so I can pull back and zoom in to get the same framing, but it eliminates some of the fisheye effect you get just holding the lens close to the subject.

WG, sounds like from your description that Andy did with Legolas what he gets in most of his sculpts which seems to be a bit of life and attitude without being in a specific facial pose, like T-800 and T-1000 and Obi-Wan, they all have some focus, determination and aggression to them, but it's subtle so the face pose isn't specific, which is one of Andy's best traits in sculpting these.

MaulFan said:
WG, sounds like from your description that Andy did with Legolas what he gets in most of his sculpts which seems to be a bit of life and attitude without being in a specific facial pose, like T-800 and T-1000 and Obi-Wan, they all have some focus, determination and aggression to them, but it's subtle so the face pose isn't specific, which is one of Andy's best traits in sculpting these.

Yeah, capturing that subtlety of an attitude is a real art. And this is a great example of when it works well.

Again, my place has very moody lighting, which really helps with this sculpt. I hope when I wake up tomorrow in bright light that my opinion remains as impressed as I am now.

I'm so blown away to this day with Obi-Wan that when I look at him I almost wait for his mouth to start moving and hear Ewan, and when I have him in full robe it makes me think of the seen where he pleas for Anakin to spy on Palpatine. I can't wait to get my mini Legolas to freak me out with his realism.

Wor-Gar said:
Yeah, capturing that subtlety of an attitude is a real art. And this is a great example of when it works well.

And that was his archery stare in the films, best for posing with the bow IMO.

Where's the cloak's brooch? The only problem I can see is that his cloak will have the same problem as Aragorn's. Too tight. I'd like them to fix the way they do the hood/clasp area. I used string on Aragorn's and it looks like it does in the movie, plus it isn't tight aorund the neck.

Back