Legolas Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No problem. I love to review figures, even though I've never done a review here before--I guess I get nervous being around so many other strongly-opinionated reviewers. I'm a Humanities major which explains the detail I put into my reviews--basically I'm in the process of becoming a professional art critic. I've been trained to examine painting, sculpting, and design, and my Dad is a professional taylor along with being an actor, so I've been around costuming my whole life. While I'm not as skilled a painter as some of the other members here, I like being able to point out exactly where an item is well-crafted or faulty, and I've been taught to have a vocabulary that can accurately articulate what I see. That's why these posts are so freaking long! (sorry all.) The only problem is, I'm poor and can't afford many figures, so I don't have many things to review. When I do though, I try to make them as thorough and easy to read as possible. If other people like it maybe I'll do more reviews as time goes on.

BTW, I'm way impressed with the ears on this guy. They accentuate the exotic look of the figure without being overtly different. Just fantastic.

Nice review CA! You did a good job IMO. I won't be reviewing this figure since the SW site I work for doesn't do LOTR.

Wor-Gar said:
A few more closer to some light -- again, this figure is straight from the box, no futzing at all...

Legolasarrives8.jpg

My lighting is very warm also, so his complexion may seem a bit tanned.

Damn! That did it Wor-Gar....

I've been resisting getting into another figure line but....

You just convinced me to spend more money on Sideshow! This picture is great! (I happen to really like the warm lighting...it really helps the sculpt "come alive").

I just put myself on the waitlist for Legolas and Aragon....

jedibear said:

You just convinced me to spend more money on Sideshow! This picture is great! (I happen to really like the warm lighting...it really helps the sculpt "come alive").

i don't see you back there....oh wait there you are...at the back of the line. :) my legalos converted, still waiting on aragorn.

Thanks Wor-Gar for the pics and helpful hints and thanks to the Captain for the review and hints as well. This looks like an awesome figure. I can't wait to get him...sometime today.

Vader AL said:
i don't see you back there....oh wait there you are...at the back of the line. :) my legalos converted, still waiting on aragorn.

;)Hey...I brought a book...a deck of cards....we'll see. :p

Anybody got more pictures?

jedibear said:

I hope you get aboard, jedibear! I'd love to see Legolas in the snow. :)

And yeah, the warm lighting is much better for these figures. A display in candle-light would be the best!

Here again are some more daylight pictures:

Leggyday2.jpg

Leggyday3.jpg

Leggyday5.jpg

And a moody one against the light:

Leggyday4.jpg

Nice pictures! But I reiterate, no picture will do this figure justice. You've got to have the chance to hold it and pose it and play around with the outfit. Legolas is a great figure.

Nice, 'Kitchen Shots' albeit not naked but nice!

I love Legolas, I opened him up yesterday and I have to say I am glad that I am getting the LOTR figures. All I need is a SSC Gimli and I can die happy! :gimli

Wor-Gar said:
6. The cloak DOES HAVE the green broach "attached" (glued) just below the clasp (you can see it in the new prod pics). Its in a strange place, as it can't lay over the working clasp. I'm not sure if we are meant to remove the broach -- it doesn't seem very secure -- and re-glue it over the clasp... but this is what I will ultimately do. Maybe someone else will figure out how to do that best.

I removed the broach from the cloak last night and hot glued it up at the neck part of the cloak. It worked perfectly and is now in it's right resting place. Plus it's only glued on one side of the clasp so getting the cloak off won't be too difficult in the future (that's it I even wanted to take the cloak off).

Oh and thanks for the tip about the quiver/blade contraption. I got tired of trying to figure it out last night and ended just tying to pieces together. Now I'll have to go home and fix that tonight.

Great to see these two together WG, very nice and your 'gorn looks so much better with that touch-up makeover, he looks very Viggo. :cool:

If you get around to it -- oh, nevermind, mine's coming within the hour. :lol

I was gonna say I'd love to see more archery poses as I think this Legs was made for that arrow about to be slung pose! :D

CAhobbit said:
Oh and thanks for the tip about the quiver/blade contraption. I got tired of trying to figure it out last night and ended just tying to pieces together. Now I'll have to go home and fix that tonight.

No problem. That's the beauty of these forums. And I'm glad the broach switch worked -- I'll have to do that for mine as well.

pjam said:
Great to see these two together WG, very nice and your 'gorn looks so much better with that touch-up makeover, he looks very Viggo. :cool:

Thanks, P! I've seen so many repaints that are so great it makes me want to have him repainted as opposed to my quick "shave" on his chin. That "surprised" expression still bothers me, but hey... that's what those curly locks are for (to hide his eyes).

I would pose Legolas a lot better but I still haven't rigged the quiver or anything because I want to try and futz the costume more. I know I can get it to lay better. Time and effort will tell.

Thanks for the pictures WG, and the review was awesome Captain! I can't wait until he arrives next week!

I just got my Legolas today. After 45 minutes after trying to figure out how to put the pack on, I found out it was tied wrong and the leather strap that goes under Legolas' left arm was already split it two. No wonder I couldn't figure it out. Now I'm going to have to ask for a return! Still haven't gotten my Subject 57 arm that was broken! :monkey2 Never had a problem before and now two figures in a row that arrived broken! :monkey2 This doesn't bode well for Jabba! :eek:

Sideshow REALLY NEEDS INSTRUCTIONS for these figures. Took me just as long to put on Aragorn's belt and his arrowholster and pack. :monkey4

Back