Legolas/Gimli 20-25 days out.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dang sounds like this is gonna be a fun one. Sauron and the CT gave me the most problems and this guy may join them.

Batty said:
I do know that Sideshow looks after it's customers, I just wonder how things like this slip past.
occulum said:
I wonder the same thing. I understand that production mistakes happen, but I've seen many mistakes over the past couple years that couldve only happened prior to packing/shipping of the item. Which means QC HAD to have seen the problem and shipped it anyway.
I'm sure this frustrates SS as much, if not more, than it does us.
I'd like to know how much a product's ES drops due to excessively bad production mistakes. The Wolvie vs Sabertooth in particular comes to mind. So many of those were bad, the actual ES of still existing pieces surely has to be much lower than the number produced.
Yes, i brought up exactly the same thing after all the trouble with the X-men VS Sentinel exclusive diorama. There where a lot of these that wouldn't light up properly. That made me wonder about the quality control. Months ago I received a Sauron with a damaged head (big crack in one of the crown pikes). The damage is so prominent, that it made me wonder why they shipped this statue in the first place. Perhaps there was a blind man involved...

What an awesome statue!!!

I have displayed with Gothmog on Warg, they look perfect match together. See how Gothmog is reacting to Lego just about to pierce him with an arrow!

Also, my Lego/Gimli/Arod Statue is perfect, but I do see a slight bend in the arrow. Heck it is flexible plastic! Wish it would have been real wood arrows!

Thanks to Tom for recommending putting the hind hoof on the peg first. I had no trouble at all getting the statue to mount, took me about 1 minute. Now RWoS, that was extremely difficult to get on the pegs.

This is definitely one of my top SSW statues.

LegoArod3.jpg

Last edited:
It arrived, perfect and gorgeous. Amazing sculpture. I had no trouble getting it on the base. It slid right on without effort.

Its going to be added to favourites for everyone, I predict.

Looks really good, and I am looking forward to getting mine soon (hopefully).

:cool:

DonnamiraTook said:
It arrived, perfect and gorgeous. Amazing sculpture. I had no trouble getting it on the base. It slid right on without effort.

Its going to be added to favourites for everyone, I predict.

Lucky you! I am hoping that my replacement is easy to get on the base. I was honestly worried about breaking one of the legs off my first one from trying to force it into place.

I agree that this will be a favorite piece for many!

Mine just arrived. I was surprised at how big the box was, but then again, I haven't gotten anything in awhile. The statue is fantastic. No problems getting it on the pegs. I did the back hoof first, and then the front just dropped into place. Seems stable though. It was kind of tricky figuring out how to take it out of the box. I ended up grabbing Arod by the belly and head.

awesome..............arrived yesterday and it is awesome...................#1014................

Got my replacement this morning, and he looks good! The arrow still has a very minor bend to it, but it is not very noticable at all, unlike the first one. There were also one or two other minor things wrong with the first one that look good this time around. Best of all, this one slipped right onto the stand with no trouble at all. A better piece than my first one--I am very happy with it now. (I also received a lower number, much to my surprise! I sent back #0828 and received #0248 in its place.)

It's just amazing how fast Sideshow works--I received my first one last Wednesday night, decided to return it and e-mailed Sideshow Thursday asking for a return authorization. Although the automated response said that it would take 48 hours, I got a response that afternoon and dropped the package off at my local UPS Store to be shipped back to Sideshow. It was supposed to take seven to ten days from their receiving it to get the replacement shipped, but it actually only took two, and now I have the replacement only one week after receiving the first one.

I very rarely have to take advantage of Sideshow's excellent customer service department, but when I do I am impressed. Just one of the benefits of being so close to Sideshow--I don't have to think twice about a return because they are so helpful and the process is so fast.

Now bring on Aragorn, and my Sideshow/Weta collection will be at an end... :monkey2

Very cool, Tom. I am glad everything worked out for you.

I agree SS's customer service is terrific. They have helped me out more then once.

Jennifer in particular.

:love

legolasandgimlionarod6tq.jpg

Now I'm just waiting on my gigantic curio cabinet to arrive so I can finally get a nice display set up at home. Should be here any day now! This piece will go on the shelf with Aragorn on Brego and Ringwraith on Steed. :chew

The etchings and engravings on Gimli's armor/greaves are some of the most amazing bits of intricate detailing on any Sideshow piece I own. Very impressive!

Has yours arrived yet, Josh?

tomandshell said:
The etchings and engravings on Gimli's armor/greaves are some of the most amazing bits of intricate detailing on any Sideshow piece I own. Very impressive!

Has yours arrived yet, Josh?

Though this post may be embedded in such a deep thread, I'm hoping SS/W could post on their website some tips and tricks on how to properly mount this duo onto the base. I believe they've done that in the past for some of their other offerings, of which I just can't remember.

Radagaster said:
Though this post may be embedded in such a deep thread, I'm hoping SS/W could post on their website some tips and tricks on how to properly mount this duo onto the base. I believe they've done that in the past for some of their other offerings, of which I just can't remember.

Mine slipped on quite nicely. Didn't have any problems like Tom did with his original. I placed it on the back peg first, and it went smooth as silk onto the first peg.

Has anyone else had any problems placing it onto the base?

Man, what a truly beautiful piece. Looks incredible. :blissy

Thanks for the comparison pictures Tom.

Hopefully in the next week or so mine will be coming in from the "Godfather" as well.

:banana

Just received the message that this statue will be in the EU warehouse within the next 3 - 5 days! :banana

Finally, towards the end, we see some equal rights for us European collectors! :D

Last edited:
Back