Legolas/Gimli 20-25 days out.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know if I want to see pics because it's only going to make me want it more. No pics, no pics.

Mine is also being delivered on Saturday. However, I got it shipped to work, so I guess fedex will come back on Monday.

I also got my 20-25 day warning email for Aragorn. Yay!

Just about 2:30 PM and nothing yet...

I am no longer at home, but my wife has promised to stay within earshot of the front door to sign when it arrives. Usually, FedEx delivers between 10 and 11, so I guess it's not the usual driver or route today. I won't be home until late, so it will be up to somebody else to post pictures this afternoon...

I am sure excited about this, as well as the Aragorn piece that is now coming soon. If Grievous and Aragorn both hit within the same paycheck I am going to cry...

Correction--Just about 5:30 and nothing yet...

Last edited:
Pictures are a bit dark but the statue looks great!!! I'll be canceling Aragorn at the black gate but this one is a keeper for sure.

FedEx finally showed up around 7 PM--the latest they have ever delivered to me. So Legolas and Gimli are finally here, but unfortunately...

I will be sending mine back.

I can overlook the fact that the top front of Gimli's helmet is crushed and chipped, or that there is a white chipped spot on the bottom point of the axe he is holding, but Legolas' wacky bendy carnival arrow is too much. I couldn't get a shot that shows the full effect, but trust me--it is quite obvious and glaring in 3-D. It bends for the first time right past the feathers, and then there is another obvious warp/bend back to the original direction at the point where it is glued to his other hand. Not sure how obvious it is in this picture, but that is all I see when I look at it in person. I didn't pay $386.73 to stare at a funny bendy arrow. I know that Sideshow is great about returns and exchanges, so there are no worries there, but it's just a bummer to have to send it back.

It also took me about 20 minutes of trying to get it on the base. Take your time and don't lose your temper--it won't go on easily! It's a shame that I'm just going to take it off again after all that work!

I got #0828, by the way, so if yours went out yesterday there's a good chance you'll be getting one in the 800's. I just hope that your arrow is straighter than mine!!! It'll be a bummer to end up with a higher numbered piece, but the number isn't that important compared to the need to be satisfied with the appearance of this awesome statue.

warp1gz.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about that, Tom. When spending that amount of money, you shouldn't have to overlook any defects.

We all know how great Sideshow is, that's why we're Freaks, but shouldn't there be some kind of quality control that spots problems like this? Do things like chips, dents, bends and paint drips happen during shipping? I know they all don't. I also don't own any poly, so I'm far from one to judge.

I do know that Sideshow looks after it's customers, I just wonder how things like this slip past.

That's too bad Tom. You shouldn't have to settle for a piece you aren't completely satisfied, I know I wouldn't. Especially when paying almost $400.

Sideshow will no doubt exchange it, and hopefully your next one will be a keeper.

I know how disappointing it is thou, to have something finally come in and then have to return it anyway because of damage. That happened to my 'Escape off the Road' plaque a couple weeks back.

Damage aside how do you like it? I asked Sara who also got this one the same question: Is it up there with Gandalf on Shadowfax or Ringwraith and Steed?

:cool:

Batty said:
I do know that Sideshow looks after it's customers, I just wonder how things like this slip past.
I wonder the same thing. I understand that production mistakes happen, but I've seen many mistakes over the past couple years that couldve only happened prior to packing/shipping of the item. Which means QC HAD to have seen the problem and shipped it anyway.
I'm sure this frustrates SS as much, if not more, than it does us.
I'd like to know how much a product's ES drops due to excessively bad production mistakes. The Wolvie vs Sabertooth in particular comes to mind. So many of those were bad, the actual ES of still existing pieces surely has to be much lower than the number produced.

Agent23 said:
Damage aside how do you like it? I asked Sara who also got this one the same question: Is it up there with Gandalf on Shadowfax or Ringwraith and Steed?

:cool:

It really is an awesome statue. The only trick is deciding which direction to display it--the Legolas side or the Gimli side, or straight ahead so you can see both. The detail on Gimli's armor is really amazing to look at. I still give Gandalf on Shadowfax the edge over this one, but it is still one of the better pieces from the line, and one of the very best that I personally own. Arod looks just beautiful and very realistic and dynamic. The whole thing looks like it is about to spring to life--you get a nice sense of motion, like the statue captures them right in the middle of battle. Gandalf has a nice pose, and so does the RWOS, but this one is the most dynamic of them all. I never picked up Legolas or Gimli before, and to get them both in a piece that is superior (in my opinion) to the previous releases makes me happy.

Unfortunately, the one I got just had a few little issues. Your attention is drawn to their weapons, and Gimli's axe had a white spot on the point, while Legolas' arrow can look anywhere from slightly off to distractingly warped depending upon the angle you are viewing it. But if yours doesn't have any minor issues, I predict that you will be very happy with it!

One of the nice things about Sideshow is that I am guaranteed to get a piece that I am completely satisfied with--this one is about 95% there, but I really don't mind waiting another few days for 100%, especially when Sideshow's customer service makes exchanges so quick and easy for me. If I send it back today, they will get it tomorrow, and their replacement will get to me just as fast.

occulum said:
I wonder the same thing. I understand that production mistakes happen, but I've seen many mistakes over the past couple years that couldve only happened prior to packing/shipping of the item. Which means QC HAD to have seen the problem and shipped it anyway.
I'm sure this frustrates SS as much, if not more, than it does us.
I'd like to know how much a product's ES drops due to excessively bad production mistakes. The Wolvie vs Sabertooth in particular comes to mind. So many of those were bad, the actual ES of still existing pieces surely has to be much lower than the number produced.

I don't think the ES would be impacted that much if at all. It would surprise me if sideshow does not factor a percentage of replacements (i.e.: Artist Proofs) that need to be produced in addition to the announced ES.

jlcmsu said:
Tom how difficult was it to get on the base?

This was incredibly difficult to get on the base! It took me at least twenty minutes of effort, eventually with the help of my wife. The posts on the base do not point the same direction, and the legs just wouldn't match up. I was worried about breaking the legs when I tried to force it on. I ended up getting the back leg most of the way on and then forcing the front legs, which are attached to a large piece of grass that matches the base. It was not easy, and I predict a lot of stress for a great many people. I have never had this much difficulty getting a piece onto its base. At least you know that it's secure once you get it on there--it's not going to fall off!

And I have no idea if Arod is hollow. I have a feeling that he might be. The horse is heavy, but not as heavy as it might be if it were solid.

Also, there are only two pieces--the base and the horse/riders. There is nothing to assemble--I was expecting the extra arrows in the quiver, the arrow he is firing, and the bow and string to be separate pieces that required some setup, as with the Galadhrim Archer. (As it turns out, the decision to glue the arrow in place resulted in a warped/bent arrow in my case--I hope that this is an isolated incident that will not come up with anybody else's statue.)

Sorry you had to take one for the team Tom, and I sure am not looking forward to getting this thing on the base. :horror

occulum said:
I wonder the same thing. I understand that production mistakes happen, but I've seen many mistakes over the past couple years that couldve only happened prior to packing/shipping of the item. Which means QC HAD to have seen the problem and shipped it anyway.I'm sure this frustrates SS as much, if not more, than it does us.

Certainly true, not to mention the "fixing" that some of these pieces receive after they have either been broken in the molding or some other process. :eek:

Back