Legolas/Gimli 20-25 days out.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just picked mine up, and the first thing that really struck me is how great Legolas' likeness is! Granted there wasn't really much to compare it with, but this is amazing! No problems getting it on the base, go with the back leg first. What a wonderful piece, I couldn't be happier!

Oh and I forgot to mention how different the packaging was. Instead of the customary tissue paper on the statue and the base, there was the foam paper (that comes with the PFs) for the statue and a clear plastic bag for the base --- weird! :google :google

What's weird is that my original had tissue around the base, and my replacement had the bag. Interestingly, the original was almost impossible to get on the base, while the replacement slid right on with no problem. Coincidence? Maybe there's more to the bag than we realize... :google

Mine came with the tissure around the base, and I had no problem getting it on the peg. Who knows... :D

tomandshell said:
There goes my theory...

:confused:

Perhaps the bags are being sent to SS's most devout customers, you know the ones who DON'T get the beige hats. :lol :rotfl :monkey3

:monkey1

Mine came with foam on both the staute and the base. Do I win a prize for being different?

Yes!!!

4207_11170_11.jpg

But don't get too excited. It's just a Peabody.

I've been charged by The Godfather so I should probably have mine sometime next week. Gotta go get a new bookshelf this weekend now.

Got my Legolas and Gimli on Arod today from Fireside. # 186.

I absolutely LOVE this statue. I keep looking at it, and appreciating it more and more.

Kudos to Eden Small on this sculpt, and for nailing the likeness to Orlando Bloom and John Rhys-Davies. :legolas :gimli

This is definitely in my top 5, if not top 3. I am blown away by it. I put it in the same class as Sauron, Gandalf on Shadowfax, and Ringwraith and Steed.

Arod is excellent too.

Amazing job on this one Sideshow Weta! :banana

Just one SS/W statue left for me: Aragorn at the Black Gates. Then it's all over...

:monkey2

Congrats Allan!! Can't wait to get mine which will now be Thursday after UPS gave Bob some much unneeded issues.

jlcmsu said:
Congrats Allan!! Can't wait to get mine which will now be Thursday after UPS gave Bob some much unneeded issues.

LMAO! Well actually. :banghead I know how you feel. Those UPS guys had better watch out, they may find a horses head in their beds. :wacky

Mine arrived here in Belgium yesterday. Excellent service from Mike, as usual!

Got mine a few hours ago right as I got called into work. It's an amazing piece adn the detail in it is better than I remember. It's much longer than I remember as well which could present problems for the Aragorn piece and where I wanted to put it.

Back