Lego dc 2014-2015

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You realize that there are only about five people on this forum who know what we're talking about?

Hopefully that will change when the series comes out on dvd and blu in Nov.

Very true.:lol It does seem like the show is getting a lot of attention, though. It's a monumental release, no doubt, but I didn't think it'd get as much attention as it seems to be getting. In some ways, I'm actually kind of wondering if it'll strike a chord with audiences because of Marvel, in that they've kind of opened people's minds to there being more to superheroes than the "doom and gloom" stuff. Hopefully, the general public will be more willing to embrace the show now than if it had hit when TDK came out, but, sadly, there are still some people who act like it's a stain on Batman's history. I don't like those people, but they exist.:lol

I think BATMAN RETURNS is more of a "stain." Tried to watch it last week, and oof. That weirdness has not aged well. BATMAN '89 still holds up for me, fortunately.

Returns is pretty good, if you judge it as a Burton movie. It's got a lot more of his style to it; 89 was more reigned in and offered a bit of a comic-esque counterbalance. I've grown to appreciate Returns, though, as the years have gone by. I used to have a great distaste for it, but now, while it's not my "go to" Batman movie, whenever I'm in the mood for something different, I'll pop it in. I just can't wait for that Blu-Ray set, though. It'll be fantastic knowing that such a large hole in my Batman media collection will finally be filled.

IDK, but RETURNS reads so stilted and faux to me. Gotham seemed like an expansive place in BAT'89, but in RETURNS everything screams "movie set," with Gotham being four blocks wide bordering an abandoned amusement park. Hell, I like FOREVER more these days.

Someone needs to render what that would look like as a minifig stat; complete with molded plastic hair!:lecture

Scored the two Batman Duplo sets today. They're really cool. Passed on the Supes set - don't need to be a completist with Duplo.

Apparently if you weren't through the doors and at the Lego booth the minute they opened, you were pretty much SOL. My "Ace-in-the-hole" wasn't able to come through, and Lego was his first stop on Sunday. Between this kind of chicanery from Lego, and the scalpers looking to score, the average fan has precious little chance of success. Lego should take that into consideration, particularly with items they are selling.

Right now, the cheapest buy price on ebay, shipping from the US is $275. So crazy.

This was my first year at SDCC and my little brother wanted the Rocket and Batman exclusive sets.

It was insane and it's sad that such a "collector-friendly" company like LEGO has gone to the dark side. They seem to be "slowly" learning their lesson...but they've easily become one of the top three WORST SDCC Exclusive companies...

By learning their lesson, the mini-fig give-aways were at least secondary and variant characters, not ultra-popular versions of mega superstar characters (Black Suit Spidey, your FIRST Green Lantern mini-fig, TDK ALL BLACK Batman, ASM2 Spidey? C'mon...)

However...the actual exclusive sets sales were ridiculous. I heard a little girl got trampled trying to get in line. Lego did send out a survey afterwards to SDCC attendees and asked for their opinion on how things went down. What's sad is why not make more of sets you're actually going to SELL?!!? People would've bought them up like crazy. Other vendors had obviously learned their lesson and had MORE than enough. Hasbro has even been posting a lot of their extras on their Hasbrotoyshop.com website.

LEGO does need to wake-up when it comes to SDCC. They got caught in the craze when they started entering the "Superheroes" line and are obviously still trying to "tweak" it. But they really need to smarten up and make more quantities for EVERYONE. The goal should be NOT to sell out at SDCC, but make sure there's enough available for EVERYONE who wants one.

They give these away, they don't make profit from some of them, like the batman and rocket set. So in reality they can do what ever they want and the problem is scalpers who pay other people just to get more

This was my first year at SDCC and my little brother wanted the Rocket and Batman exclusive sets.

It was insane and it's sad that such a "collector-friendly" company like LEGO has gone to the dark side. They seem to be "slowly" learning their lesson...but they've easily become one of the top three WORST SDCC Exclusive companies...

By learning their lesson, the mini-fig give-aways were at least secondary and variant characters, not ultra-popular versions of mega superstar characters (Black Suit Spidey, your FIRST Green Lantern mini-fig, TDK ALL BLACK Batman, ASM2 Spidey? C'mon...)

However...the actual exclusive sets sales were ridiculous. I heard a little girl got trampled trying to get in line. Lego did send out a survey afterwards to SDCC attendees and asked for their opinion on how things went down. What's sad is why not make more of sets you're actually going to SELL?!!? People would've bought them up like crazy. Other vendors had obviously learned their lesson and had MORE than enough. Hasbro has even been posting a lot of their extras on their Hasbrotoyshop.com website.

LEGO does need to wake-up when it comes to SDCC. They got caught in the craze when they started entering the "Superheroes" line and are obviously still trying to "tweak" it. But they really need to smarten up and make more quantities for EVERYONE. The goal should be NOT to sell out at SDCC, but make sure there's enough available for EVERYONE who wants one.

Extraordinarily well put. I agree 100%.

Anyone seen list of the upcoming Lego sets? Nearly justice league based wave!

• 76025 Green Lantern vs. Sinestro (revealed at SDCC)
  • 76026 Gorilla Grodd Goes Bananas
  • 76027 Black Manta Deep Sea Strike
  • 76028 Darkseid Invasion

But I went to the Lego store thinking the tumbler was available already, but they told Monday, I wanted to wait until september to get the spaceman fig, but Lego Clerk told me to get it now since it will come with a batman 75th anniversary book with that purchase this month. They do sucker me into sometimes.

I want that Tumbler. I'm not even a huge fan of the car, but that just looks fun. It's been years since I've bought something from LEGO, and that seems like it'd be a lot of fun to build. Plus, those minifigures are awesome.

Was told Saturday AM by the manager of the Lego store in Bridgewater NJ that the Tumbler would be available for VIP members on Sunday. Drove 350 miles (one way) to pick this up, and was told when I got there that it was not available until Monday. Got in my car and drove home.

Contacting Lego corporate later today to voice my displeasure.

TUMBLER ACQUIRED!

Drove to Lego store in Woodbridge VA. Limited to one per member. This particular store only got 14 in.

Did you guys get that 75th batman book? I barely got to my lego store like 5 minutes before they closed and bought it.

Back