LEGO Back to the Future CUUSOO

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the Minecraft-Cuusoo-Sets will also be continued, so I guess if the DeLorean sells well there could be a chance for other sets within this line.

Plus the whole Lego Trains thing is pretty popular... I never thought about it until now, but I could definitely see that set coming out if this ends up being anything more than a one-time deal.

So they are selling this early at SDCC and select European LEGO stores are selling it today.

General/worldwide release is August 1st, but has anyone in the US found it at their local LEGO store?

My Lego Store wasn't sure if they were getting them. I'll keep hitting them up though.

Absolutely amazing that we are getting official Bttf Lego and with real deal minifigs and even printed pieces.

Having said that the Delorean itself is a train wreck no pun intended. Just an atrociously ugly overall design with all those ridges.

The Delorean is such a sleak car, they simply haven't captured it with this. It'll be a great jumping off point for a MOC though.

When these go on sale online, do items like this sell out fast? Nd is this a preorder or are these made already?

When these go on sale online, do items like this sell out fast? Nd is this a preorder or are these made already?
the set is ready to be shipped.
and I don't think the DeLorean will sell out fast, Minecraft is also popular but it's still available.

the pricing (shop.lego.com) is insane though:
USA: 34,99 USD
Germany: 39,99 € (~ 53 USD)
Italy: 49,99 € (~ 66 USD)

My local LEGO store sold out of this immediately this morning. However LEGO.com and amazon have it available. Not sure how large their stocks are online, but I have a feeling the retail stores will sell out of it quick.

6lh8.jpg

Wanna make a minifugre scale RC controller for Doc to hold.

About 80% finished

I've done a mod to allow the Mr Fusion to hinge forward like it does in the movie.

Behind the flux capacitor there is a 2x2 grouping of parts with two blue connectors, i cut that down to 1x2 (keeping the blue connectros but losing the bit behind it) and used that area to add the hinging system for it to open about 45°

Finished.

Worth every oenny, love this set.

Pros:

Back to the Future
Great car, heavy on details
Great minifigures.

Cons:

Red wheels don't look that good, needs some whtie around them to be like the movie
Can't fit Doc in the car becauseof his hairpiece

Minor cons:

The 1958 instead of 1955 on the time circuits
No Hoverboard

Last edited:
Should be 1955 not 1966. Lego put 1958 because that's when they patented the first Lego brick.

Ordered two this morning, can't wait til they arrive.

Searched everywhere in my area looking to buy this with no luck. Luckily I ordered one yesterday from Toys R Us because I just noticed they hiked up their price 10 dollars! :google

Either all the LEGO stores got like 10 of these on Thursday or there was already a line of 20 people waiting before each store opened to get them. Either way, it's gonna be hard to get for a while.

I wonder if stores will even restock with it? I've never seen the Minecraft CUUSOO set in a store, even after they did that huge production run a few months back, and it's been available online since.

Got my order from toys r us today. Love it. This was my first time really fully putting together a lego set. Fun times! Looks like these are selling well, and I reeaally hope that means more BTTF legos in the future, like more characters, parts II and III outfits for Marty and Doc, and a clock tower set would be amazing.

Here's some shots of mine with my other recent bttf purchase :D (more pics of that in my collection thread).

9457471722_29e9284b1e_b.jpg

9457473318_008b6f437c_b.jpg

9454689449_e793c07153_b.jpg

Back