Legendary Pictures' GODZILLA - !!SPOILERS!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The problems in a nutshell: Inexperienced director and weak/underdeveloped story/script. It's amazing how even with these core competencies undermined, the result is still far superior to the 1998 hack-job. ;)

I can write better scripts every week while pooping... Hollywood is indeed a place where magic happens.

I'm seriously considering picking up a NECA 12" (tall) Godzilla 2014 figure - I don't have any in my collection and if I can figure out where to put it, it's something that both looks good and rounds out my nostalgic interests.

I'm also looking forward to seeing what they do with the sequel - with hopes they improve on the weaker aspects of this first offering.

BvqzFTrCAAAgir8.png:large

I'm not in love with the idea of edwards directing the second and maybe even the third. He clearly respects the franchise but as far as I can tell he's made one solid character driven film. With Godzilla he had every tool at his disposal and it didn't mesh.

As far as the darkness goes, I still have hopes that the blu ray will be brighter. Whoever has these rips, probably has copies of the raw film before any conversions took place. So we'll see. Tuesday might be a good indication with the release of the digital copy. Hopefully its an improvement.

I was letdown by that moment ATJ and Godzilla had. It got talked up before wide release and I just felt like its been done in Godzilla films before over and over. Some more interaction (in whatever way) was needed imo. It almost looked like Godzilla was looking for the pity party, thankfully I know better.

I wish they had went with a more solid beam.

Say what you will about this movie, but that spine light up scene moving up his tail with the crackle of energy is still my most favorite single moment this summer.

Say what you will about this movie, but that spine light up scene moving up his tail with the crackle of energy is still my most favorite single moment this summer.

Mine too. That, alone was worth the price of admission for me. I would've paid the $15 ticket price for a 2 hour loop of just that :lol

This movie is nowhere near my favorite of the summer, but the decapitation/victory roar sequence at the end is my total epic movie moment of the summer.

Well Godzilla's ray has been that color and hue many, many times before.

Just preordered this through itunes. Can't wait to watch it tomorrow.

Back