Media Legend Of Zelda - Wii U

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Other than the release date, they seemed to stay true to their word regarding the content and design of the game. The game is in fact massive. "The Great Plateau", which is the starting point of the game, only makes up for about "1%" of the entire map. I guess you can't really appreciate that statement until you watch some of the gameplay out there. The plateau in itself is fairly large. To make things even better, the amount of exploration that can be done in this game seems insane. With the climbing ability that was added, I can't even imagine how long it would take to explore everything. If you're a "completionist", you will love (or hate?) this game. I also love the open world 'bosses'. Well, not sure what they're exactly considered but, search for Steppe Talus to see what I mean. I can't remember if anything like that has been in previous games. This looks pretty challenging and its literally only the beginning the the game. The game, so far, doesn't appear to be easy in the sense that you feel invincable. Even with herbs and food, I've seen a lot of players taking a good amount of damage and having a hard time with th AI. Theres really so much that can be discussed about this game with the "little" amount that was shown. OOT was probably the last Zelda title that had me this excited..

I can't do too much on my work ipad but, there are lots of great videos showing gameplay and interviews out there. I'll try to post what I can when I get home.

Reports are saying the map is bigger than Skyrims....sweet lordy :lol

Another cool thing is that, around the 3:07 mark, Reggie states that whatever you can see, you can get to one way or another.

The ab zapper thing is annoying though if you decide to watch the whole video.

This one is projected to be a big game. I might invest 200+ hours into it before I give up and I would still be at something like 30% complete. :lol

Super excited for this game! I've played every Zelda game and really have only disliked about 3 of them, most recent was Skyward Sword, but after watching that 8 hour stream...I'm thinking this will becomes on of my all time favorites in the franchise. Hoping there is a NX bundle when it launches!

This one is projected to be a big game. I might invest 200+ hours into it before I give up and I would still be at something like 30% complete. :lol

I'm hoping they have trackable incentives for exploration/completion. Like for Elder Scrolls games, I always felt like I was accomplishing something when I was exploring the world. Either by finding new quest lines, working on other long quest lines, etc. I went into the wilderness for a purpose, then got sidetracked because I found an amazing cave system with something going on in them.

If the overworld doesn't give me a huge incentive to explore, then what's the point? I feel like Twilight Princess had a similar problem, though not as much since the story path was pretty linear, because exploring on your own netted you only heart pieces, rupees, or useless collectibles (bugs/Poe's that rewarded bigger wallets). So while I was enthralled with the story, I never really felt this huge urge to explore or collect stuff (save for heart pieces). The Wii U remastered version added a tiny bit more incentive with the neat stamps, but even that wasn't used for in-game stuff.

Reports are saying the map is bigger than Skyrims....sweet lordy :lol

Much bigger. Skyrim's map size was 39 square kilometers. I'm pretty sure Breath of the Wild's map is suspected to be 360.

Not sure what that is in miles for you Americans, but I'm sure you can figure it out. ;)

Looks like this game is getting delayed yet again, so no more March 2017 release date.

FYI this is all rumor but comes from a good source apparently.

Zelda games are notorious for getting delayed at this point, usually for the best but yeah. I just wish it wasn't being timed alongside the Switch though.

Back