Legacy Of Kain

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
main.php

main.php

Legacy_Of_Kain,_Soul_Reaver.jpg

bg40-131256_640w.jpg

Kain first. it's his legacy. :D They already have unofficial Raziel statues floating around.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCVfpCFzc40&list=LLtJ0W4Z3Aqb8SH8kXdMt5tA[/ame]

I love Kain too. I fell in love with the franchise in Soul reaver. Though i did play blood omen first. The future of the franchise obviously lays with Kain. Unless they go reboot route. But i feel all the great images, sound tracks and all that fuzz happens in Soul reaver 1+2 when you are Raziel roaming in the aftermath of Kains decision. I liked Defiance too, but at times it feels like a chore to play. Maybe its the fixed camera angles that change and make you go back to front alot and miss platforms you jump for. Or their recycled sound track. Or that all Game Raziel sounds like a bit of a knob because he is fed up

By far Blood Omen is the best out of the series and had the darkest tone, a gothic feel to it. Then Soul Reaver 1. SR2 was a fun game to play. BO2 was fun in it's own right, but the gameplay was definitely a step back. I agree w/you on Defiance. It gets a bit repetitive and stale in comparison. But I also loved being overpowered w/Kain's abilities and toying around w/the Serafan.

Every few years I'll go back and play the series in different order. That's what's so great about it, is the timelines interwine w/eachother, that it doesnt matter which game you start out with. You can start out w/Defiance and begin w/the rise of the Hylden in BO2. Or start w/BO2 and proceed into the SR 1 & 2 series. Or simply go straight through the order in the aftermath of Defiance w/BO1 & BO2 because of the time alteration.

Ive been reading square-enix bought the LOK domain name yesterday. So in the words of borat

I AM VERY EXCITE

War for nosgoth? That screams Vampire vs Hilden.

Or, kain vs anything.

a reboot would be nice as well since it would probably draw new blood to the series which they then can use to further it... and besides, any new game might mean new merchandise as well :D

I think the "reboot" could take place just as the next installment after defiance ended. It was like the end of an era, and a new beginning. No need to sweep away the past in order to make newcomers not feel left out.

I really wouldnt mind a remake of blood omen though. Everything Soul Reaver onwards was blue gold. And i like Blood omen but it could do with a third person camera, huge elaborate scenery and soundtracks ect.

Hot Toys needs to jump on this line for their Videogame Masterpiece line. I would Buy Kain and Raiziel.

No way. Why would you want to own a very expensive piece of plastic toy, when you can own a worthy version translated to hard polystone figure? :cuckoo:

Besides, they already have nice looking bluebox toy versions of Kain and Raziel. You want to pay up the arse for a toy, there ya go. I hear Dumah is hard to find and expensive. Go for it. But I hope they never waste an opportunity to make an LOK item on another toy version. :nono

Man I just found out about this news. To me its HUGE I never played the Blood Omen installments but played Soul Reaver 1-3. Defiance was by far my favorite of the series due to being able to play as both Raziel and Kain. I would love a figure or statue of Raziel doesn't really matter to me. Hopefully they will reboot the series with HD remakes of the series and have Raziel in the new IP as well.

Man I just found out about this news. To me its HUGE I never played the Blood Omen installments but played Soul Reaver 1-3.
I dont blame you for dodging the first blood Omen, it feels like an old PC RPG and is overall just not fun to play. Though the story is cool. But you really should do Blood Omen 2 it plays alot more like the first soul reaver and takes place after Defiance (not chronologically in the timeline, but after the events of Defiance in the past the past Kains destiny was changed and you play as part of the change

Since its highly unlikely we will get anything LOK statue wise, i ended up tracking some of the old merch down. And i had no intention of getting any of them last time i talked about the franchise on the board. But now they#re my favourite collectibles.

vh4.JPG

All though i have had to custom some of them to get more accuracy.

Nosgoth is playable for select people. But theres nothing LOK about it at all, no matter if you do throw the clan names around or not. So i take it oxmox is the only LOK statue "officially" we will ever get.

Back