Left 4 Dead

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So apparently now there is some confusion. People are saying that IGN is wrong and they meant 1 1/2-2 hours for each campaign; so with 4 campaigns that would put the game length at 4-8 hours (on a normal run-thru). But this info still is shady....I will wait to see gamespot's reviews and or get more confirmation before I decide to buy it.

If the game is 6-8 hours, then i'll get it. If it is 1 1/2-2 hours.....then i'll pass.

I have decided to get this game. Me and my buddy will be playing it, so Badmoon & Karma if you ever wanna play...just let me know.

Ok I may have to pick it up then. Thanks for letting me know. :rock I move soon though and will be offline for a couple weeks. So I may miss out. :monkey2

I'll be all over this game tomorrow. I would have been playing today but my pc mic decided to crap out right at the most inopportune time, so I'm heading out to buy a new one after work. Can't wait!

Just played the demo a few hours ago... Oh yeah.. this is a must own. Can't wait to play it online. I'm a sucker for zombies. :lol

Josh, let me know if you pick this up for the 360. If you do, I will as well and we can join up on Live for some zombie carnage. :rock

I'm definitely picking this up within the week. Played the demo and loved the hell out of it. If anyone wants to add me to their friends list, my Gamertag is El Skutto.

Hell, at this rate, I won't have time to play Fallout 3 until the holidays...

I keep playing the 360 demo of this... oh you cant beat a good zombie shooter with no plot and lots of creepy atmouspherics!!! Gonna have to get this one!
Dizzy:google

Played the demo this morning and was very unimpressed. It was OK, but there just doesn't seem to be anything special about it. Certainly not when factoring $60 for 2 hours of gameplay. I liked Dead Rising much better.

Played the demo this morning and was very unimpressed. It was OK, but there just doesn't seem to be anything special about it. Certainly not when factoring $60 for 2 hours of gameplay. I liked Dead Rising much better.

So apparently now there is some confusion. People are saying that IGN is wrong and they meant 1 1/2-2 hours for each campaign; so with 4 campaigns that would put the game length at 4-8 hours (on a normal run-thru). But this info still is shady....I will wait to see gamespot's reviews and or get more confirmation before I decide to buy it.

If the game is 6-8 hours, then i'll get it. If it is 1 1/2-2 hours.....then i'll pass.

has this issue been cleared yet?

has this issue been cleared yet?

Not really....

The IGN US review said 2 hours.
The UGN UK review said 8 hours.

I am confused, because at the L4D board over at Gamefaqs, people are saying it took them way longer than 2 hours to beat the game on Normal. And others are saying it took them 2 hours to beat it on Normal.

A lot of people are saying, "well play on expert, they game is so much longer", but that is not the point.

There is no definitive answer as of yet.

Picked up my copy today, only paid $35; I had some cash from someone as a gift. So technically I only paid $35 from my own pocket. :monkey5

While I was in there the employee behind the counter was conversing with two other people (friends or other employees), and they were cursing very loud...left and right. ^^^^, ^^^^, ^^^^^, Mother ^^^^er....I mean this was loud, if you stood outside the store you could hear it. They were talking about some person that killed two people on the highway for "being stupid", as they put it (or something like that).

I mean I don't care about cursing, but doing it that loud and actually using some very strong profanity in a retail store....and the employee behind the counter is conversing with them and cursing as well. While the whole time I am standing there waiting to buy my game. Yeah.......

I did 4 player co-op on Mission one last night.....overall, we played for about three hours on the hard mode - and we could not beat the rooftop level

If each mission is this long, it'll be a 8 hour game for most people, not including MP and whatever DLC content Valve releases

Man, this is fun as heck...

Anyone needs an extra player, send me an invite: Matt VT Schlo

Back