Left 4 Dead

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I can't stand playing FPS on a console. The gamepad doesn't have the precision of a mouse.

Yeah, I can't stand playing FPS on a console. The gamepad doesn't have the precision of a mouse.

I agree, makes it harder to win.
point and click gets boring.

Just finished the demo on the 360, im so sold. Dead rising was a 9.5/10 for me, this with 4 friends just seems to be oozing awesome from everywhere.

It defiantly can be, but it's fun for the shortness of the demo. I think I'll play mostly in advanced when the game comes out. Won't bother with Easy and Normal unless messing around in Single Player.

There's going to be 5 maps for each of the 4 campaigns. Both maps in the demo are shortened versions.

Last edited:
9.0 from IGN. As we know, there are 4 campaigns and according to IGN they take about 30 minutes each. So about 2 hours total of the actual campaign. They say it has a high replay value, as of right now. But who knows 3 months from now......

But the best part they say is to play with your friends, and keep trying to get higher scores, etc.

9.0 from IGN. As we know, there are 4 campaigns and according to IGN they take about 30 minutes each. So about 2 hours total of the actual campaign. They say it has a high replay value, as of right now. But who knows 3 months from now......

But the best part they say is to play with your friends, and keep trying to get higher scores, etc.

Hold on, only 2 hours of campaign??? That is retarded if you're charging $60 for a video game. I was possibly going to pick this up as well but no way in hell if that's true.

I downloaded the demo yesterday and plan on playing it a bit tonight when I get home.

Hold on, only 2 hours of campaign??? That is retarded if you're charging $60 for a video game. I was possibly going to pick this up as well but no way in hell if that's true.

I downloaded the demo yesterday and plan on playing it a bit tonight when I get home.

Same here it might be a rentel for a weekend.

Yeah.....I have been 2nd guessing this purchase now. I might skip it and get it later on.

It's really hard to justify any game right now knowing that anytime we're on LIVE, we'll be playing Gears. I love all the MP games in Gears and just have a hard time imagining that we'll all grab another game to make it worth the purchase.

It's really hard to justify any game right now knowing that anytime we're on LIVE, we'll be playing Gears. I love all the MP games in Gears and just have a hard time imagining that we'll all grab another game to make it worth the purchase.

just wait until the first of the year when the Gears 2 thrill calms down a little bit.

I would be looking into buying this for the PC. Custom maps and more support would seem to keep it fresh than waiting for Valve to release map packs on Live. I rather get it on 360 but I dont want it to end up like TF2 did. That hasnt had any support whatsoever.

Ok, that demo was super fun...! I was having such a blast. Game is on preorder...

Only concern: there are 4 campaigns and have heard they take 40 min or less each?!?!!? So, the game is only a few hours long, plus multiplayer? That does seem very, very short!!!

It only has 4 levels, but they're meant to be replayed in multiplayer fashion.

From the IGN review of L4E:

Now, if there's a ding against Left 4 Dead, it's that the fact that there are only four scenarios, which is a small number to wrap your head around, and you can play through a scenario in 20 or 30 minutes on the normal difficulty setting. On higher difficulty settings, it'll take longer since you'll die a lot, requiring restarts at the beginning or the most recent safe house that you've reached. Granted, the four scenarios are highly replayable; you could play them over and over again and events unfold differently. There are two reasons for that. The first is the built-in "director" system that manages the action. If you're doing well, it will throw more zombies, like a sadistic dungeon master in a game of Dungeons & Dragons. If you're doing badly, it might decide to ease up on you a bit by providing health kits and ammunition. The second reason is simple human nature. It's a blast to play with others, but it can also be a hilarious experience, as well as a slightly frustrating one at times.

The value proposition also takes a slight ding when you discover that the Versus mode that lets you play as the zombies against other humans is only available in two of the campaigns (No Mercy and Blood Harvest). Please note that versus mode is an absolute hoot, especially in a LAN setting, but I had a lot of fun playing online as well. In Versus, one team controls the human players (you need at least a single player on the human side; the rest of the characters can be driven by bots) while up to four others play as the special zombies. If you're on the side of the undead, the game picks your special zombie class for you; all classes are available save for the witch.

L4E is a Valve game, which means constant updates and downloadable maps will be available soon and for free (for PC users). They did the same thing for Team Fortress 2.

It only has 4 levels, but they're meant to be replayed in multiplayer fashion.

L4E is a Valve game, which means constant updates and downloadable maps will be available soon and for free (for PC users). They did the same thing for Team Fortress 2.

True! Thanks for the thoughts!

If you guys need any MP people, add me to your lists!

getting this game for sure.
going to go check walmart tonite at midnight to see if they got it.
Best game to play with your friends in coop.
the demo was so much fun and it dosent matter if the game is short, the game has a regenerating map program that makes the game different evrytime you play it.
my comp runs this game in 1900x1200 in ultra high graphics with no problem at all and there is no better way to control an FPS then mouse and keys.

this will probably be one of the funnest multiplayer game of the year.

Back