Last Jedi Spoiler Avoidance Support Group

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Well, that just ruined "the third one" for me:lol - or maybe it's the sixth? I really shouldn't have tried to explain to the older family member the prequel/pre-prequel/sequel thing....

Anyway, PLZ don't have another GIANT BALL in space...why don't they change it up?

borg.jpg

Nope. Been done before. Maybe a triangle?

cone.jpg

Nope. Wakanda's got dibs on cones. Maybe:

Tales_from_Space_-_Mutant_Blobs_Attack.jpg

Less than 24 hours to go....:cool:

Triangles are the Imperial stardestroyers.

True, true. Maybe a giant pentagram which would have lots of symbolism at least in Western culture.

Just no more death balls-in-space. SW needs to be balless. Except for BB-8. (Tho they could do a plot where BB-8 embraces the Dark Side and becomes Death Star #3 and just rolls around shocking everyone in the ankles.)

The wait for the movie isn't that hard. Keeping myself out of that damn thread is the difficult part, can't quit now, it's the last couple miles of the marathon!

The wait for the movie isn't that hard. Keeping myself out of that damn thread is the difficult part, can't quit now, it's the last couple miles of the marathon!

Anyone hanging on trying to avoid spoilers - well I made it so I'm out of here. Yes, it IS worth the wait. Good idea for a separate thread too, thanx!:)

So glad to hear! I will be able to join the fray on Saturday.

:duff

Just can't imagine how I'll hide for Infinity Wars:horror...at least in my theater they showed the IW trailer - *epic on big screen* but no BP. More YA movies coming out than I expected - I thought those kind of movies were fading.:dunno

For collectors out there, have they shown any of the other free exclusive IMAX mini-posters they were giving out on Sundays other than this first one?

Also, what did they give out at the opening night fan events and double features as well as the exclusive bonus content?

the-last-jedi-imax-amc-poster.jpg

Saw it, loved it, do not need a support group!

Those of you who hated it are dead inside.

Saw it today, and think its one of the very best Star Wars films, ever. Can it compete with nostalga of ANH or ESB or ROTJ? No, not really. But, its on that level of '****' that was a damn good movie.

Throw all expectations out of the window. Nothing obvious happens (at least, from a certain pov)

There was one scene where I thought, 'is this a continuity error?" nope, no error.

What I loved is how we got our moments we've all wanted, just not in the way we all wanted it. But the more I think about it, the better off that was for me, as a fan of this long running series.

And damn, I miss Carrie Fisher already. She clearly was more comfortable here, than she was in the last. And I thought she did a damn fine job.

And, I will say that Mark Hamill gave an academy award winning performance in this movie. He was so good in this role. I mean, damn, next time you see this movie, just watch his eyes in his scenes. The man can act his jedi butt off. All the more impressive considering the actor personally disagreed on the direction of the character. Luke, is, and remains, my fav character in all the movies.

Last edited:
Saw it, loved it, do not need a support group!

Those of you who hated it are dead inside.

Saw it today, and think its one of the very best Star Wars films, ever. Can it compete with nostalga of ANH or ESB or ROTJ? No, not really. But, its on that level of '****' that was a damn good movie.

Throw all expectations out of the window. Nothing obvious happens (at least, from a certain pov)

There was one scene where I thought, 'is this a continuity error?" nope, no error.

What I loved is how we got our moments we've all wanted, just not in the way we all wanted it. But the more I think about it, the better off that was for me, as a fan of this long running series.

And damn, I miss Carrie Fisher already. She clearly was more comfortable here, than she was in the last. And I thought she did a damn fine job.

And, I will say that Mark Hamill gave an academy award winning performance in this movie. He was so good in this role. I mean, damn, next time you see this movie, just watch his eyes in his scenes. The man can act his jedi butt off. All the more impressive considering the actor personally disagreed on the direction of the character. Luke, is, and remains, my fav character in all the movies.

The fresh air feels good!

:duff

What I am noticing with the negative reviews are a lot of blanket type comments, like, 'it was crap cause its crap!'

Makes me want to move in with Luke to a beautiful deserted island too.

It seems like the defeats that change and redefine the characters are all being dismissed as “pointless.” I will admit it took some contemplation to appreciate everything but it’s been extremely rewarding working it out.

Abrams wasn’t kidding about TFA when he said “we had to go backwards to move forwards.” TFA laid down the comfy rug and TLJ expertly yanked it out.

Back