Lando Calrissian Processing Notice!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously it's a little more than $80 with shipping and taxes for some. As a consumer I would not deceive myself to think "oh, it's only $79.99" without even factoring in shipping costs. Rounding prices down is only for the benefit of the seller. :duh

Except for the Ex Vader, I've given up PPO'ing 1/6 figures and trying to get them early. I can wait. It has little to do with the price points, as I think Sideshow's prices are comparably fair - it's just that there's no urgency in collecting 1/6 for me anymore. These figures are plentiful months after release, most of them plummeting in value. I'd rather take it slow and pick things up at my pace.

other people can believe $50 is the new $80, but I know I haven't seen a 60% increase in my paycheck and most of the other luxury items I concern myself with like TVs, videogame systems, etc have gone down in price.

IMO the price increase has more to do with SSC wanting to be a lot more exclusive (producing less than half of the quantities they used to) than any kind of increase in chinese labor or plastic costs.

Its futile to complain I guess, but I'm voting with my wallet and cancelling this item until I find it on 1/3 off sales from Hastings or something.

That said, I have been willing of late to spend $80-$100 for special items and currently GI Joe feels "special" enough to justify spending a little more, but for me personally, Star Wars has run such a big line that Lando simply doesnt feel special enough to dump that much money on.

I don't know, Jedi Luke was $50 for a figure, 5 hands, a saber hilt, a lit saber a bone and a cloak. I'd say Lando seems about equal to Jedi Luke.

I think it's just the mindset that at one point in time, $80 seemed to get you a lot in the world.

Maybe it's just a generational thing too. I'm a bit cynical, since my college days back in like 2002, I've been thinking everythingn seems crazily priced. $20 used to seem like enough to have fun in life and now it barely buys you anything. I've developed a buying mindset of comparing things within similar product lines in the current prices at the time you choose to buy it and what it's worth to you.

There was a time $4-$5 could get you a Power of the Force 2 figure from Hasbro, now they're twice that, and while somewhat better, not enough to seem worth costing that much, but that's how it is.

We are in strong consumer market, prices will continue to increase and as demand and consumption of products go up, so will the rate of price increases go up for most things.

It's too bad collectibles aren't like electronics where production materials could go down and you can get more for your money. I remember in college $100 got me a 256 MB memory stick, this summer I bought a 1 TB (which is 1 million megabytes) for the same price. That's be like getting a $200 figure today for $20 :lol

Still no wait list conversion on this guy and I got on the list right after he sold out. I didn't bother ordering the regular because wait lists have always come through. But many Lando is more popular than I'd thought?

Still no wait list conversion on this guy and I got on the list right after he sold out. I didn't bother ordering the regular because wait lists have always come through. But many Lando is more popular than I'd thought?

Give it time Dave, Lando's a 22 day notice, a bit early for some, a lot of folks will probably wait and see what else may be coming pretty much when he's about to ship. You know how it is, never cancel until you absolutely must incase things change, unless you just don't want the product anymore.

Some folks will probably opt they don't want him anymore, but I imagine a lot are waiting to see if he's amidst a slew of other things. Right now, I know of Sideshow shipping Marcus Wright and Toys shipping DX Jokers around the same time as Lando, with Sandtroopers shipping next week and I'm sure other things.

I have a feeling you'll get a conversion.

just got done dropping him 5 minutes ago. marked that the price was too high.

Just found my notice in my spam bin. STOKED to get this one. Can a Lobot be far behind...?

The price is steep for Lando, at least with the Joe line at 120$ a crack you get all kinds of accessories, enough to justify a 40$ difference?? Maybe not, but it eases the pain a little

Lando strikes me as one of those figs peeps will unload for 60$ in the future. I woudl cancel mine but the CAD is to strong to risk it

Just found my notice in my spam bin. STOKED to get this one. Can a Lobot be far behind...?

Hers where I think SS drops the ball a bit, a bet some woudl reconsider cancelling if there were guys like Lobot or other Cloud City types to go with him.

true. I'm too disappointed with the Bespin Han to display it, so without Han or a Bespin Leia or Lobot or Ugnauts or something Lando would be lonely. I like to display my figures in groups.

Just canceled him. Maybe I'll pick him up later down the road.

BillyDee.jpg

Had to cancel a while back...but I went ahead and jumped back on the WL, so we'll see.

Can't resist anything ESB...here's hoping he looks good.

That is one thing I enjoy about Sideshow not being in my state, and a number of other companies I order from, product cost and shipping cost, that's all I have to deal with. I might even be more selective about products if I had to pay sales tax.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back