Statue HCG Life-Size 1:1 Alien Chestburster ( Hollywood Collectibles Group )

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where's the BLOOD!!
It needs far more blood, it's just jumped out of a chest for g*d sake!

Now look at the amount of blood, PERFECT!
The HCG piece could be made to look incredible but it should be like that in the first place :gah:

This is the pose I want from companies. ....

Sent from my SGH-M919V using Tapatalk

I don't like this detail:

image.jpg

It's inaccurate and the body is too slim...

the original puppet:

chestburster.jpg

I repainted this guy..looks so much better IMO, and I'm not even a good painter. If HCG would just apply the slightest bit of effort on these pieces, they would have much better product.

I don't like this detail:

View attachment 423457

It's inaccurate and the body is too slim...

the original puppet:

View attachment 423458

Okay... that original puppet is cool. Didn't know it still existed. Awesome. When looking at it compared to the replica, it's interesting to see the differences. The dome on the original is much wider and the "eyes" almost blend into the curvature, whereas the replica have the dome pinch in around the eyes, making them bulge out. Also, the cheek detail on the replica seems really weird, almost more inspired of the full scale one rather than the chest burster. And the right arm stub is so gnarly looking on the original, shape-wise.

Always wondered why these companies making replicas wouldn't just 3D scan the original and make their replicas from that.

I agree on those mouth pieces. I'm in the process of redoing mine and I removed those jaw ligaments. I also wanted to do something with the jaw seam, which is ridiculous. Talk about lack of attention. I tried to remove the jaw itself to shorten it but that thing is stuck good. I would have had to cut it which is more than I wanted to mess with. Burtial's great job gave me some inspiration to get mine done so that is my today project. I still have to do some paint experimenting since I'm trying for the on screen look, which to be honest is pretty light on the blood. A lot less than I thought from memory. Its more watery than bloody it seems.

Edit... here is my new starting point. I ended up going a bit deeper that I was aiming for. I removed a bunch of the dome, knocked the eyes down, upper and lower lip job and toned down the chin. I removed quite a bit of chin and he still has a big one. Same with the dome, I really took quite a bit off. I think anymore removal and the proportions might get messed up so I'll stop before I go too far. The sculpt itself IS a bit wonky. Looks like they got the color of the resin perfect then covered it with crap.

It seems to look a bit meaner now.

u7JwLPu.jpg

CGAatot.jpg

xBXKwpZ.jpg

MrFTlAs.jpg

Back