Statue HCG Life-Size 1:1 Alien Chestburster ( Hollywood Collectibles Group )

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just noticed my last payment went through on Friday. Shipping to the east coast was $21.85, good deal. Still only showing "processing" on HCGs site though so I assume not shipped yet.

My card was charged for the facehugger and chestburster on Friday too. They said they would ship Monday or Tuesday, so I expect that at some point today we will get a shipping notice.

So I got him in. #18. If I didn't have the proto pics in front of me id say its pretty much the same blood application. Yes the original had a ton of blood on it but I understand why they did not drenching it in blood and im fine with it. It does need some in the mouth area though and a bit of a mistake if you ask me. It also needs a weathering/wash. Other wise its what the picture looked like to me and what was advertised. I am not a huge burster guy and to be honest if I didn't have the head I probably woudnt have bought it since my space is limited, that being said I am super happy I did. Its a perfect compliment to the head and even if I didn't have the head id be happy to have it.
I would have bought the flyng facehugger but that ***** flying through the air is not going to fly around here. Especially not for $600 or whatever they want for it. This was priced right. One other thing that I was perplexed about when I first opened it was the difference in the size of thee left and right arm. Hes like Popeye on his right and wimpy on the left. Then when I got home and looked at screenshots it supposed to be that way. It's something they could have "corrected" that im glad they stayed to the original. It would have been easy to make both the same size to satisfy the uninformed. Also the plaque is too big and way too plain. If it was more money I would have been disappointed but since it wasn't, I could care less. I usually don't use the plaques. Enough jibber. heres the pics. Please excuse the crappy pics. its getting late and having to do t outside for light....and my camera stinks.

09wK3ed.jpg

oMYT21V.jpg

IRNlx6h.jpg

CjMSXHC.jpg

LqiuKNf.jpg

XV37d95.jpg

ZH4lrpW.jpg

pGCOrSc.jpg

wJZFJhA.jpg

BznYo82.jpg

Thanks for posting the pics! I don't like the way the blood is done. I might have to redo that. It's not nearly as bloody as it was in the film. And I agree on it needing a wash of some kind.

Ya it definitely needs more blood. Im going to wait and see what people do with repaints and maybe tackle it in the future. At least this way we can add what we want. If they had laid it on thick and messed up (and we know they would) it would have been hard to remove it and start over.

Paint looks very plain, especially on the heads and face. The teeth don't look the best IMHO. But I do like the sculpt on thr lower 2/3. Good detail but I agree, wash would definately help those details pop.

Sent from my SGH-M919V using Tapatalk

….I swear it was just like eating potato chips.....

Ok I aint waiting, the blood "paint" isn't really paint. Its more like melted plastic. I used a knife and most of it just popped off. Then I gave the head a bit of a gloss coat to take care of any scrapes. Its visibly lighter under where the blood was. It needs a wash next then blood. After looking at screenshots the blood was just too wrong. It needs to be thin almost like water. Now im thinking I may go all out and give him a cranium shave since he has too much dome and maybe a chin job....lol. Left arm needs to be a bit more stubbed so that may happen too......haha. Well, heres what I looks like without most of the blood for those that want to use it as a base for a custom job.... I like this better without the blood then what they had on it.

LF4DW7e.jpg

JfRL6u8.jpg

That blood (and sculpt) looks great!!!.... any interest in sharing your technique, paints...lol? Did you use an airbrush?

Back