Lager Toys 1:1 Captain America Shield

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's the sought after knock video. Gonna be honest knock towards the middle it's more of a thud due to the absolute thickness of the product but it's definitely metal. Listen to the knock on the outer rim here. QUALITY! It's got the weight and heft of the Efx but the metal of the KA. Best of both worlds IMHO.
[video]https://vid1353.photobucket.com/albums/q663/toycrypt33/Mobile%20Uploads/20150327_140621_zpsyyfrmfio.mp4[/video]

Ahhh man, that thing looks awesome. Thanks for the pictures Toycrypt. Would it be too much to ask for some pictures of the back as well, please?

Honestly I bought this to sell, but after seeing it and feeling it in person.........no way. Keeping this one and one of the classic shields. Nothing will ever come close to this in the future at this price point.....IMHO. I just have one classic up for sale on eBay, only because I bought 2 of them.

Ahhh man, that thing looks awesome. Thanks for the pictures Toycrypt. Would it be too much to ask for some pictures of the back as well, please?

No problem. They even changed the back to give it more of a worn affect than the classic. Nothing crazy but it's different than the classic which is bonus points for them. Give me a few minutes. I'm friggin beaming right now. Unreal product.

Nothing crazy (just some black overspray), but I'm impressed that it's different from the clean shield. Just another testament of their quality and not overlooking even the simplest details. I took a major risk importing these from Japan. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. I feel like I won the lottery.:yess:
20150327_142719_zpsz81zcfoh.jpg

696ec3f9-6cd5-49f4-8496-80360440a7b2_zpsgegtanl5.jpg

Please remember these are horrible pics. Cell phone pic in dark room. FYI.

Last edited:
Bad pics. It's over cast today so no sun. Pics taken in a dark room. So friggin impressed with the quality of these Lager shields. So heavy, so solid, so well painted. Trust me, I'm a harsh critique and I can't find any thing to complain about. Bravo to Lager.
91a838cf-9fc5-4c73-b5d2-208ab4abce34_zpspxmyttav.jpg

20150327_132810_zpspowwzgqm.jpg

20150327_132759_zps9afq0av5.jpg

20150327_132728_zpsld2u7ovd.jpg

20150327_132721_zpsxuuzzbig.jpg

Like I said before these are poor photos, it looks much better in person. Once we get a sunny day I will take some better pics. Cheers.
:thud:
OMG, that is just beautiful! I been holding out for eFX to make a battle damage Caps shield, but this may make me think otherwise.

I'm telling you. This shield is as solid and heavy as the eFx shields but with the added benefit of being a metal product. I'm thinking it's surface is metal but the thickness and weight come from a resin or fiberglass backing. The thing that's awesome about the eFx is the weight and solid feel, the awesome thing about the KA is the metal. This has both. Only thing missing is a nice stand or wall mount frame. But I know I can get a custom one done that will trump anything out there.

Last edited:
Yeah I was originally going to get a display case and some acrylic frosting spray to give the shield a look from TFA like its been uncovered in ice/snow. Yet now with Civil War coming and Caps vs Iron Man, I'm starting to rethink a display involving Caps Shield and an Iron Man helmet. Little differences like the darker red in the upcoming AoU for the shield looks better to me as well. If Civil War is as good as I hope then will probably want a shield based on it as well as the helmet of Iron Man's. One can only hope for Lager or eFX or someone to make Captain America: Civil War inspired props since I've been waiting on these two to come to blows.

agreed......but they will be more expensive. I think the reds and silver have a nice hue that matches the on screen stuff. The blue while not 100% accurate is a blue that is very pleasing to my eye.

Problem with the eFx is the bad paint between the seams and non metal feel. This Lager does boyh very well......IMHO. Listen I'm only selling one of their shields. I thought the eFx was the one I was gonna keep but after getting these in hand they look as good or better in hand. Again my humble opinion.......Best shield on market. I have an eFx on pre-order from BBTS......I'm not even gonna open it based on the pics I've seen. It's going up for sale on eBay. I have no vested interest in either company. I just share stuff that makes me happy. Lager shield equals happiness.

My only issue with the battle damage shield is the black lines around the star of the shield. If it was all clear/white like clean red version then would look better in my opinion.

IMHO.....the black lines make the star stand out. And if Steve took this shield out to battle, those black lines could very well be smoke stains and dirt collected in the grooves of the shield from battle. Jeez that made me realize how truely dorky I am LOL.

Honestly I bought this to sell, but after seeing it and feeling it in person.........no way. Keeping this one and one of the classic shields. Nothing will ever come close to this in the future at this price point.....IMHO. I just have one classic up for sale on eBay, only because I bought 2 of them.

Great looking BD shield ToyCrypt; love it. Kind of an idealized take with BD elements of all 3 films to date on it. I actually like it from your pictures better than those on their FB page.

Problem with the eFx is the bad paint between the seams and non metal feel. This Lager does boyh very well......IMHO. Listen I'm only selling one of their shields. I thought the eFx was the one I was gonna keep but after getting these in hand they look as good or better in hand. Again my humble opinion.......Best shield on market. I have an eFx on pre-order from BBTS......I'm not even gonna open it based on the pics I've seen. It's going up for sale on eBay. I have no vested interest in either company. I just share stuff that makes me happy. Lager shield equals happiness.

Don't know where you got your info about the seams on the eFX but they are tight and clean; really impressive in that the color transition is done without the benefit of a black cover up accent like the KA or Lager. Once again it is a screen accurate look that the eFX went for.

Having said all that I love your Lager versions and I really tempted to buy your spare for my office office, leaving the eFX in my home office.

Comments were taken from this site and Youtube vids. I'll give you my full review once I get the eFx from BBTS. Not gonna lie, after the Lager I have lofty goals.

Last edited:
I could pick out so many things that bother me about that shield......but I'm gonna keep my mouth shut.

Problem with the eFx is the bad paint between the seams and non metal feel.
Movie used exact REPLICA or idealized, unlicensed knockoff? The buyer will decide. Your opinion, still based on pics and opinion since you do not have the EFX in hand. Reality is, like the Thor hammer, the EXF version will appreciate as a collectible.

Back