Lager Toys 1:1 Captain America Shield

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Problem with the eFx is the bad paint between the seams and non metal feel. This Lager does boyh very well......IMHO. Listen I'm only selling one of their shields. I thought the eFx was the one I was gonna keep but after getting these in hand they look as good or better in hand. Again my humble opinion.......Best shield on market. I have an eFx on pre-order from BBTS......I'm not even gonna open it based on the pics I've seen. It's going up for sale on eBay. I have no vested interest in either company. I just share stuff that makes me happy. Lager shield equals happiness.

Movie used exact REPLICA or idealized, unlicensed knockoff? The buyer will decide. Your opinion, still based on pics and opinion since you do not have the EFX in hand. Reality is, like the Thor hammer, the EXF version will appreciate as a collectible.

The paint on the EFX one is not at all an issue. The post is courtesy of Natrix in the EFX thread:

Guess I don't really get the "thick" paint comment...it is not going to look like a smooth layer of paint when the shield is grooved to mimic the spun metal effect. If the paint were thick, you would loose that detail.

View attachment 169048
View attachment 169050
View attachment 169051

Sure. It will have to be later though when I have a little less whiskey on board. There is no tinny/metallic sound with the knock - seems pretty similar to striking a solid object like a desk or door. I think it's hilarious that "knock videos" have become a thing as now that mine is on the wall I don't foresee striking it with regularity :lol

I'm eagerly awaiting mine.....I'll put my ugly mug in a video and do a comparo.

Envious that you get to have both in hand. The two best shields out there IMHO. Very different in lineage and manufacture but both very appealing for different reasons.

Envious that you get to have both in hand. The two best shields out there IMHO. Very different in lineage and manufacture but both very appealing for different reasons.

Just did an ebay search, seeing other knock offs, CAT TOYS and another China maker.....what's the diff in these versions, no one seems to be talking about them.....they are cheaper in price, I assume the quality is far lesser to.

Just did an ebay search, seeing other knock offs, CAT TOYS and another China maker.....what's the diff in these versions, no one seems to be talking about them.....they are cheaper in price, I assume the quality is far lesser to.

The Lager is more accurate, via the way it is manufactured, than the Cattoys with a recessed blue circle and flush/embedded star for starters. Also the rings of the shield are closer to how they sit in the Lager than the Cattoys. The Cattoys reflects the colors of the Avengers and TFA shield more closely whereas the Lager is closer to the pigment of TWS.

Having said all that I agree that neither unlicensed piece is perfect but I honestly feel the Lager is a better shield than the licensed KA save the back and display options.

The Chris Fields TFA (unlicensed) custom is my personal favorite followed by the Avengers style licenced by EFX and then the equally unlicensed TWS Lager.

Spare is gone. I sent it off today to some lucky person. Only thing I need to figure out is if I wanna keep or sell the BD shield.

You guys can keep arguing over which is better KA or eFx..........This is the best shield on the market. Hands down.
da57c59d-3f83-45c8-89af-dc02582ed562_zps4vtjo4vq.jpg

51431b27-4558-4dfc-b1ce-7c356d1195f0_zps6tk4owss.jpg

fc2a25d5-f9d3-4003-b9b6-43efa6a8452c_zpsel7p7urx.jpg

Last edited:
Knock video.....[video]https://vid1353.photobucket.com/albums/q663/toycrypt33/Mobile%20Uploads/20150403_165046_zpswbope2kl.mp4[/video]

You guys can keep arguing over which is better KA or eFx..........This is the best shield on the market. Hands down.
da57c59d-3f83-45c8-89af-dc02582ed562_zps4vtjo4vq.jpg

51431b27-4558-4dfc-b1ce-7c356d1195f0_zps6tk4owss.jpg

fc2a25d5-f9d3-4003-b9b6-43efa6a8452c_zpsel7p7urx.jpg

It's a great shield I agree, but do you work for Lager?
It seems the last few pages are you advertising for them.
It's not bad, but may be a bit too excessive :wink1:

The paint on the classic looks as glossy as the KA, although I like the lack of black lines. I'm trying to like the BD, and it might be the angle, but they look like paintings to me :lol The higher price point is also a factor too, looks great but definitely not for me, plus the Lager guys don't respond to my fb msgs anymore. How are the leather straps? Are they like the EFX or the KA? Do you have measurements of the shield to compare to the others?

This is still my favorite picture of the bunch, but yeah, a little too excessive, but I think you're the only guy who has the Lager :lol

20150319_161914_zpsdjrbajvz.jpg

Wait, is that Lager or KA? The star looks like the KA one... I wonder if the KA looks more like that above pic in the same lighting and quality picture..

758EDA8F-A2C8-4AD8-BBC9-D2596B21DC61_zpsls7vtvgr.jpg

Toycrypt, once again, thanks for the pictures. It's crazy how good that BD shield looks. I really want to order one now.

Back