Lager Toys 1:1 Captain America Shield

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The paint on the classic looks as glossy as the KA, although I like the lack of black lines. I'm trying to like the BD, and it might be the angle, but they look like paintings to me :lol The higher price point is also a factor too, looks great but definitely not for me, plus the Lager guys don't respond to my fb msgs anymore. How are the leather straps? Are they like the EFX or the KA? Do you have measurements of the shield to compare to the others?

This is still my favorite picture of the bunch, but yeah, a little too excessive, but I think you're the only guy who has the Lager :lol

What did they quote you? I thought they were cheaper than KA by $100-200 (granted without a display option).
The price, without having a license, does bug me a bit as well. That being said if I was buying a shield purely on how it looks this one is hands down my favourite now that Chris Fields has stopped making shields.

I bought 3, they knocked my price down to $680. Expensive, yes, but the quality is beyond words that I can type.

What did they quote you? I thought they were cheaper than KA by $100-200 (granted without a display option).
The price, without having a license, does bug me a bit as well. That being said if I was buying a shield purely on how it looks this one is hands down my favourite now that Chris Fields has stopped making shields.

$700 + $160 shipping, so basically same price as KA but more expensive shipping coming directly from Asia. I was just looking at the star from a KA pic and the Lager and in one pic they looked very similar. The red is more red on the Lager but it looks just as glossy as the KA, if not slightly more, I can't really tell just from pics.

$60 shipping. I did boat option. Slow but not that slow. Got them in a relatively short time. Happy.

Hate all you wanna hate......The Lager looks like candy. Every color is so damn pleasing to the eye.

Ooo, didn't know about the boat option. Is your review of the shield going up soon, toycrypt?

I live by myself....any video review would be laughable kinda like this....

Horrible.....I know......
[video]https://vid1353.photobucket.com/albums/q663/toycrypt33/Mobile%20Uploads/20150403_162908_zps6aqhi0wd.mp4[/video]

No one's hating on anything. I'm trying to compare the 3 shields and all I have are pictures to do so. Every one has their own right to their opinion. You're basically doing the same thing with Lager compared to the others but no one's calling it hate... you seem to really be behind Lager like Takaboi said, especially with all the pictures and promoting the shield, but in all fairness, we have not had all 3 shields next to each other yet, measured, under the same light, etc. so it's hard to judge. I'm basically describing what I see in the pictures, and I'm asking if other people see the same things or not, with regards to certain details. there's no hate going around at all, you gotta chill bro. :lol :wink1:

Update: It still looks really glossy reflective in the video, and this is not hate good sir, just observation, so please don't take it as such. :wink1: I'm just curious as to whether it is the same as the KA level of glossiness.

The red looks nicer, and more true red than the KA. Do you have a video of the BD version as well? Every little bit of info helps. :wink1: I'm probably gonna get fired for doing it but in a few weeks, I'll try to take a picture of the actual shield(s) used on our set :lol

I ordered the eFx......will do a comparo once I get. KA ......meh......love the set up. Shield, paint flaws....gonna keep my mouth shut.

The paint on the classic looks as glossy as the KA, although I like the lack of black lines. I'm trying to like the BD, and it might be the angle, but they look like paintings to me :lol The higher price point is also a factor too, looks great but definitely not for me, plus the Lager guys don't respond to my fb msgs anymore. How are the leather straps? Are they like the EFX or the KA? Do you have measurements of the shield to compare to the others?

This is still my favorite picture of the bunch, but yeah, a little too excessive, but I think you're the only guy who has the Lager :lol

20150319_161914_zpsdjrbajvz.jpg

Wait, is that Lager or KA? The star looks like the KA one... I wonder if the KA looks more like that above pic in the same lighting and quality picture..

758EDA8F-A2C8-4AD8-BBC9-D2596B21DC61_zpsls7vtvgr.jpg

LOL all these shields. DW the pic above mine looks exactly what I have. The sun came out this evening and I took it outside and the sunlight beams through the red on the shield like that pic above. The red on the KA shield is extremely hard to photograph and can look somewhere between flat and shinny completely on the lighting.

No matter what light though the shield looks impressive. If you can get the KA for the $699.99 plus shipping it's well worth it for that price and having the stand and that system to securely display it. The stand is definitely a bonus with the KA offering.

Finally.......[video]https://s1353.photobucket.com/user/toycrypt33/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20150403_223830_zpsbcprvddo.mp4.html?filters[user]=133560305&filters[recent]=1&filters[publicOnly]=1&sort=1&o=0[/video]

For some reason the BD looks more metallic than the regular version. The reg looks over glossed and makes it look like plastic.

For some reason the BD looks more metallic than the regular version. The reg looks over glossed and makes it look like plastic.

From the video, the BD version appears to be just straight paint. The classic version has the extra layer(s) of clearcoat for the added gloss.

Just from preliminary observations from the photos, the Lager and KA classic shields look remarkably similar. But only a direct side by side comparison between these 2 metal shields under the same lighting condition will prove any differences (if any).

I'm probably gonna get fired for doing it but in a few weeks, I'll try to take a picture of the actual shield(s) used on our set :lol

Whatever you do, don't get yourself fired. We do like info, but not at YOUR expense. That would be asking for too much. :)

Well, unless if you could get Chris Evans to join the forum to answer questions, that would be awesome! :pray:

From the video, the BD version appears to be just straight paint. The classic version has the extra layer(s) of clearcoat for the added gloss.

Just from preliminary observations from the photos, the Lager and KA classic shields look remarkably similar. But only a direct side by side comparison between these 2 metal shields under the same lighting condition will prove any differences (if any).

You nailed it with the lager finish. The blue and the red have a thick gloss finish. It is a thickness that hides the spun metal on the shield. KA is like a semi gloss. It does not show your reflection like the high gloss.
Here's some night time photos of the finish on the KA shield. You can see it does have a little gloss but the spun metal paint job stays clear on every ring through the shield.

Nighttime colors

Daytime colors

758EDA8F-A2C8-4AD8-BBC9-D2596B21DC61_zpsls7vtvgr.jpg

Back