Lack of 1/6 figures for Japanese cartoons

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dont gohan has some articulation like dr.slump?
pretty basic like the hands and the head dont really know how much articulation dr slump have :(
maybe the RAH as a line never take off and unfortunatelly until the very end they were known as the worse 1/6 scale figures cause of the brittle bodies that they refuse to upgrade and the poor QC, even nowadays is hard to get a rah without broken parts.

with all that said , their anime chars were really amazing and at the time there was no one better to capture an anime char like Medicom.

now 3zero is the spiritual successor with pretty standar quality

fun fact: the Dragon ball rah line were a lot different than the standar medicom figure , with custom bodies for each char , even for the super saiyan Goku.

My First Anime Character Doll, - TOYNAMI's Rough, Clumsy 2001 13in. "Tenchi Muyo!" Princess Ayeka Jurai -
is coming back home to me after Twenty Years...

- this time, in the form of the original, Japanese-Market TAKARA Ayeka Jurai
that is fully compatible with the OBITSU 26 Aftermarket Doll Body...
and therefore able to fit right in comfortably with the rest of my OBITSU-based Anime Family♥

- TAKARA 10in. Ayeka Jurai -

- TOYNAMI 13in. Ayeka Jurai -

Last edited:
Hot Toys seems to be dabbling into Japanese stuff lately with Kamen Rider. Maybe too niche of a market? I’m really surprised no one has done classics like Sailor Moon or DBZ in 1/6.

Something like Genesis Climber Mospeada is going to have cross over appeal to collectors of other lines. This kind of concept is extremely marketable. Basically a marine, power armor, weapons, mecha, etc, etc. Then there's the legacy Robotech fanbase that comes with it. If kids didn't grow up with it here in America, then there's no nostalgia value at all to help drive interest. For example, many kids grew up with Power Rangers, so Pudgy Pig brings back good memories for them. But as a raw figure concept otherwise, it would be a hard sell outside of it's invested legacy niche.

Something like Dougram and/or Gasaraki, those kind of themes, IMHO would sell if it was a more traditional anime human character paired with a mecha of some kind. Transformers is a legacy merchandising juggernaut because it has real nostalgia value, it will have cross over appeal to vehicle/car/plane/motorcycle collectors, it will appeal to mecha collectors, it has some light military themes within it ( the Autobots and Deceptions are in a perpetual war)

Without that nostalgia frame of reference, then you are relying almost completely on concept. I can functionally market something like Mospeada to folks who have no idea about it's origins or background, but I'd find it close to impossible to do something like that for something, for example, like My Hero Academia.

It's just infinitely easier, if we are talking toys and action figures, to support soldiers, warriors, Vikings, knights, police officers, etc, etc as raw concepts. So I'd say it's safer for anime figures to stay in the 1/12th realm than try to encroach on 1/6th. Consider Alfred from Batman. I was happy for Batman collectors when Hot Toys made an Alfred. But he had to be packaged in a set, as a chase item in a larger concept. I see the majority of anime figure concepts the same way.

The one possible non combat related theme I can see working is something like Apexplorers, just compressed for what would be more classic anime human characters. Essentially a version of an "Adventure Team" concept. So something like Planetes, or the concepts within it would be more aligned to appealing to a larger base of overall collectors. Just some thoughts.

same as most modern releases like fist of north star and jojo i guess.
pretty basic like the hands and the head dont really know how much articulation dr slump have :(
maybe the RAH as a line never take off and unfortunatelly until the very end they were known as the worse 1/6 scale figures cause of the brittle bodies that they refuse to upgrade and the poor QC, even nowadays is hard to get a rah without broken parts.

with all that said , their anime chars were really amazing and at the time there was no one better to capture an anime char like Medicom.

now 3zero is the spiritual successor with pretty standar quality

fun fact: the Dragon ball rah line were a lot different than the standar medicom figure , with custom bodies for each char , even for the super saiyan Goku.

I'm Confident i'll get a better fit out of her Kimono with a little additional finessing,
but for now, my First Waifu Doll is back, here together with my Wife♥ Konomi~

I'm Confident i'll get a better fit out of her Kimono with a little additional finessing,
but for now, my First Waifu Doll is back, here together with my Wife♥ Konomi~

what changes was done compared to the older post?

c
On a Whim... i tried "Oiling" her Hair with FRAY CHECK fabric adhesive. Here's the Result;

cant you use normal hairspray. easier to remove. imo these fabric glues are rubbery. but at leas they wont stain or react once dried. i hope.

i've had this little Sweetie♥ on Preorder from AmiAmi (an Exclusive)
since some time way back within 2023.

She was due out in March 2024... and She just Came Today~

She mates-up to the Natural-Skintone OBITSU 26 very well indeed;

Last edited:

Picked this Special Ed. TAKARA Licca up in March for fairly cheap from a JPN source.

She Appealed to me, as i have been looking for a Japanese Shrine Maiden (Miko) outfit
for my OBITSU 26 custom-bodied VOLKS To Heart Multi Karusugawa for some time now.

i just recently Finished extensive modifications on the upper, "Hikama" half for a better fit,
and i had to source the lower "Skirt" half from another, far larger doll, extensively modifying that too in the process. Also, i had to make her proper "Tabi" Socks from scratch.

All this Work... i suppose i almost could have made the outfit from scratch nearly as easily.

Well, You Live and you Learn. this was my very first Licca doll; and i presumed Licca Fashions would translate to an OBITSU 26 doll with minimum of fuss... i was Wrong.

at any rate, i was able to successfully salvage a bad situation...
and Sweet, Innocent Multi here finally has the lovely Miko outfit she was asking for♥

Last edited:
Back