Lack of 1/6 figures for Japanese cartoons

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
that is, in fact, Precisely what most Well-Adjusted folks have to say about Anime Cutie Pies in general...

I lived in Japan from 2004 to 2022.....

3e1994695c6cb41e08289b9eb8cc45bf44278d1d.gif

BANDAI just fielded some 1/6 Sailor Moon Dolls last year or so.

while they aren't Terrible or anything... they aren't hardly Anime-Accurate either, YMMV;

they are, of course, fitted with typically-stiff Fashion Doll Bodies.

That Said... give them an aftermarket OBITSU 26 Body... and you have a Full Fledged Action-Figure-esque Poseable Character Doll;

Last edited:
Hot Toys seems to be dabbling into Japanese stuff lately with Kamen Rider. Maybe too niche of a market? I’m really surprised no one has done classics like Sailor Moon or DBZ in 1/6.
They have. Medicom did long time ago, Medicom used to make lots of Anime 1/6th figures but stopped in like 2014. I still have there Naruto and Sasuke and Berserk figures. They hold up pretty damn well.

I would love 1/6 figures from Sword of the Stranger, Shigurui, Samurai X, to name a few. Grails would be Yojimbo and other films, but that's a different thread subject lol.

They have. Medicom did long time ago, Medicom used to make lots of Anime 1/6th figures but stopped in like 2014. I still have there Naruto and Sasuke and Berserk figures. They hold up pretty damn well.
Holding up isnt the word i would use to describe medicom figures lol.

i'd love a good Miku Hatsune 1/6 Doll.

That Said... Despite the Worldwide popularity of the VOCALOID Family, the only 1/6 Miku Dolls out there that i am aware of
are a pair of less-than-stellar - IMO - MEDICOM efforts... the second release in the short-lived series being the best;

I have the Medicom Black Butler and FMA Mustang. The Mustang has a leg that broke at the hip, and the lines of the uniform are a cheap pleather material that looks like it’s going to crumble if you look at it wrong. The BB ones are holding up well, though. But I don’t mess with them once I get them in the pose I want.

Threezero seems to be getting into the 1/6 anime scene quite a bit. I haven’t really planned on getting any so far. When it comes to anime, I’m honestly not as much into the 1/6th.

I have the Medicom Black Butler and FMA Mustang. The Mustang has a leg that broke at the hip, and the lines of the uniform are a cheap pleather material that looks like it’s going to crumble if you look at it wrong. The BB ones are holding up well, though. But I don’t mess with them once I get them in the pose I want.

Threezero seems to be getting into the 1/6 anime scene quite a bit. I haven’t really planned on getting any so far. When it comes to anime, I’m honestly not as much into the 1/6th.
fixed a few broken hips and shoulders before. hips just require a correct sized screw and some glue. shoulder iirc slightly complicated but workable. the ankles are also prone the break around the feet.

as for the white lines you can try angelus flat white paints and a fine tip brush and steady hands.

Somehow... i had totally overlooked this ♥Cutie Pie♥ when she released back in 2011.

Well... ♥She's Coming Home for Christmas in 2023♥

So... things have turned out Perfectly Backwards here over the last couple months...
Principles of Asian Wabi-Sabi in Action, i Suppose.

First, Got this Schoolgirl Sailor Suit for my Konomi a couple/three months back...
Turned out to fit my much larger WB AT203-Based Shaorin;

Just got this Re;ZERO "Rem" -styled Maid Dress for Shaorin... Turned out to fit my
much Smaller OBITSU BODY 26-Based Konomi;

Yep

I still think those medicom figures are the best dragon ball figures, they capture the likeness like no one else and in the first attempt.

Attachments

• PXL_20231217_023431844.jpg
    PXL_20231217_023431844.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
no kid gohan and picolo? i felt despite the fanbase they did not sell well for some reason and the line was halted.
Kid Gohan and kid Goku have been really hard to see on the wild (for me) and picolo well... I just stop looking

kid goku is fixed figure with fabric clothing right? kid gohan is articulated iirc.
Nop both are from the VCD line (vinyl collection dolls) and they are more like statues , they only move the head and the arms but the outfit it's like a normal rah

Last edited:
Back