Lack of 1/6 figures for Japanese cartoons

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
because it's not. Only Jin-Roh is cartoon, rest are live action movies, or comic, and the fact HT didn't use any original design and came out their own design with a live person face means, it's not a cartoon character.

Well for me personally I view the figure as a Jin-Roh figure because I've only ever watched the anime....and it's easily identifiable as suits from the anime

For anime, it's a very large market that's is often dominated by whatever is the most popular and sex appeal.
One Piece, Naruto, Bleach and yet again Dragonball these days are the majority of popular demands.
There are other great shows but compared to the bread and butter mentioned above, won't sell as well. And companies also think of internationally popularity as well. They are more interested in reaching out to broader customers.

In short, there are just too many properties that Japanese companies can tap in to.

Not to be that guy but bleach has been dead for years now. nobody talks about it anymore

Not to be that guy but bleach has been dead for years now. nobody talks about it anymore

And it's a shame really. It's got such a huge cast and good character designs, that a lot of good figures could get done. We really only got the Play Arts figures.

:lol Is it done yet?

Not yet, but it's getting close now.

It is a shame tbh tho I think he should of stopped at the defeat of aizen

Where's it going? I fell off. Not out of boredom, I just stopped following as soon as I caught up.

via a company called Plastica-

"Excited to announce our 1/6 Kenshin "Battaousai" Himura from Samurai X the Animated Movie.
Sculpts will be revealed very soon..."-Plastica Fb

https://www.facebook.com/plasticatoys/

im down for some Rurouni Kenshin/samurai x figures....even if its from medicom, i'd bite. (gooood lawd) lolz
him primarily.lolz
12.jpg

Makoto Shishio FTW.:pray:

:lol

Nico013.JPG
Nico014.JPG
Nico015.JPG

Here is a Nico Robin I converted from the Action Toys 1/6 Scale Boa Hancock figure. She does scale a bit tall for 1/6, but the conversion was not overly complicated due to the similarity of the two characters.

wow, that Robin looks amazing. Good work! I thought it was official for a second.

Hot Toys seems to be dabbling into Japanese stuff lately with Kamen Rider. Maybe too niche of a market? I’m really surprised no one has done classics like Sailor Moon or DBZ in 1/6.

Back