Kung Fu Panda. Go See it. Skudoosh.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kung Fu Panda is doing well--word of mouth has apparently been good enough that it has stayed on top and just barely outdid Hulk this weekend, holding on to the #2 spot and passing $155 million.

I took my kids to see it yesterday and we all thought it was great.

As a Kung Fu teacher I am usually critical but it was about perfect.

Saw this over the weekend and I must say I was VERY impressed, I really enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would. It was funny and touching and the characters were great, I thought Jack Black was brilliant. Great story and good messages for the kids, this movie was exceptionally well made and I can't wait to own it on Blu-Ray! :rock

Saw this last night and the family enjoyed it very much. I wouldn't put it in the same class as Shrek but it was good.

Nah, this movie drink's Shrek's milkshake. Then again, while I like the first Shrek I never understood the extreme love some folks had for that flick.

I saw it last week. It was alright. Nothing spectacular, no surprises, you get what you expect nothing more. Jack Black was his regular self, which I like, but most of the best stuff was just in the trailer.

My Grandpa, who teaches Karate, loved it though.

Kung Fu Panda Sequel in the Works
Source: TAG Blog
June 25, 2008

An interesting post was made on the TAG Blog:

Every building of the DW campus is bursting with activity. Monsters and Aliens, Shrek, Madagascar Deux, and on and on. DreamWorks' Lakeside Building is getting enlarged, and the administrative staff is gone from the upper floors.

But down on the lower levels, artists are working. A story crew has started early work in Kung Fu Panda, the Sequel, even while animators are hand-drawing new material for the DVD of Kung Fu Panda, the original.

It's not surprising considering the DreamWorks Animated hit has made about $230 million in 19 days of release worldwide. The film cost about $130 million to make.

I saw this yesterday with my wife and daughter. We really enjoyed it and can't wait for a Blu-ray release. Glad to hear there's a sequel in the works.

Took my seven year old grandson to see it - -- -- he loved it --- and had to wake me up twice as I fell asleep from boredom. Plus a strong loathing for Jack Black did not help.

Took the kids to see this over the weekend and I agree it's a very fun flick. Definitely my favorite of any Dreamworks animated picture by FAR, I've never had much appreciation for Shrek, Madagascar, Shark Tale, etc. This one certainly stands out though.

I just bought and watched this tonight. It's my first blind buy in a while, and I thoroughly enjoyed it!

I just bought and watched this tonight. It's my first blind buy in a while, and I thoroughly enjoyed it!

I picking this up tomorrow. I've got to decide on if I want the two disc pack or the one with the Panda beanie baby. I hate when they do things like this to me. :lol

I picked up the dvd at CVS for 9.99, you have to buy batteries and be a rewards card member.

Back