Kung Fu Panda. Go See it. Skudoosh.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I mean, I might be partial because I'm a kung-fu fan in general, but I really loved the movie. It makes references to old kung-fu films and stuff, so with that, the voice acting, and the animation, it was really top notch.

You have to watch the movie... it's really never explained, but joked at near the end.

Well, it's not really a joke itself, but the way the father avoids actually answering the question was funny. But even my 7 year old kids figured out about Po, and how his relationship (in many ways including parentage) mirrored Shifu and Tai Lung. That's one of the things I really like about this movie - they didn't beat you over the head with any of the points, but if you're paying attention, they're there.

Well, it's not really a joke itself, but the way the father avoids actually answering the question was funny. But even my 7 year old kids figured out about Po, and how his relationship (in many ways including parentage) mirrored Shifu and Tai Lung. That's one of the things I really like about this movie - they didn't beat you over the head with any of the points, but if you're paying attention, they're there.

which was what i meant by joked at.

I also saw Zohan and thought it was the funniest Sandler film - ever. Of course there haven't been that many funny Sandler films...

As for Dreamworks animation vs. Pixar - the animation level is certainly up there with Pixar although the story and characters may not have gotten to that level. I enjoyed KFP more than Cars, but it's no where near Incredibles.

Great movie, will be getting this when it hits Blu Ray!! The fight scene's were incredible, but all around a really good movie. Lot of funny parts.

I went with my mother, sister, and her kids ... I really enjoyed it ... great movie, can't wait till in comes out on dvd so I can get it

Haven't seen this one yet, was on the fence about forking over the cash to see it in the theater... but I've now been convinced :rock

my brother and his gf saw it and they said it is one of the funniest movie they have ever watched.

I saw this Monday night. I was one of 9 people in the theater, not that the movie is doing bad but Monday night is a great night to see movies with no crowds.
I don't think anyone laughed as much I did during this film. The stairs gag never got old. This is maybe the best Dreamworks animated film since the Shrek series. I really appreciated the suttle nods to classic Kung-Fu films, especially Jackie Chan films like Drunken Master, Fearless Hyena and Snake in Eagle's Shadow.
The food gag for me is were this movie really showed it's Kung-Fu chops.

Kung Fu Panda along with Forbidden Kingdom have been the best Kung-Fu movies I have seen in the theater this year. Will definitely buy it on DVD/Blue Ray.

Anyone knows why is the Kung Fu Panda 6 inch figures on recall? Read some where that they had pulled it from shelves. I called my local toysrus and walmart and they don't got none but the small ones. Was planning to get some for my son, I do see it for sale online but want to make sure it is safe to open before getting some. Any info is appreciated, thanks.

My son really wanted the Kung Fu Panda crossbow toy. He was sad when they didn't have any at Target, so we drove to Toys R Us and they had several on the shelf. When the cashier tried to ring it up, the system apparently gave a message saying that it was being recalled and he refused to sell it to me--just kept it behind the counter and apologized. My son burst into tears and didn't understand what was going on. As far as he knows, the mean employee stole his toy.

I may just go to McDonalds and buy a happy meal to get the toys for now. Sorry bout your son. Was that a action figure or a hand held toy? I thought only the 6 inch figures was recalled.

My son really wanted the Kung Fu Panda crossbow toy. He was sad when they didn't have any at Target, so we drove to Toys R Us and they had several on the shelf. When the cashier tried to ring it up, the system apparently gave a message saying that it was being recalled and he refused to sell it to me--just kept it behind the counter and apologized. My son burst into tears and didn't understand what was going on. As far as he knows, the mean employee stole his toy.

That sucks.

Back