Kotobukiya X-Wing Diorama

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got one of these off ebay last week.I'm really impressed with it. Putting it together was a blast. I wasn't too keen on the base or displaying it landed so I started making my own stand for it.

Here it is after I primed the base. I think displaying this in flight is the only way to go.

One thing I dislike about this otherwise magificent diorama is the fact that pilot's figurine cannot be removed from the cockpit, which kind of sucks if you wan't to display it disasembled.

I was fortunately to get this piece for a great price and its $1300 cheaper then the efx studio scale.
Though obviously not as big and impressive as the efx one i feel outside of any studio scale model this piece is number for the detail huge size for a retail mass produced item.

For me it looked to clean out of box but once i finished weathering the model it looked great.
The only minus for me was the front end looked to yellow for me but with some charcoal weathering techniques that fixed the problem.

I have mine displayed in the infamous x foil opened position on a stand.

But this guys diorama is absolutely stunning

i just need some advice

if i were to mount this model on a steel rod where would be the best place for it to go through.

Or has someone got a better idea to mount the model on a rod without damaging the model surface

thank you

i just need some advice

if i were to mount this model on a steel rod where would be the best place for it to go through.

Or has someone got a better idea to mount the model on a rod without damaging the model surface

thank you

Actually, there is a hole in it. Mine is still boxed, since I am waiting for the acrylic case to arrive before I can display it, however I could take a picture of the right piece.
Basically, that hole was supposed to be a fuel filler I guess, and as far as I remember it's at angle, but it's still better than nothing.

If anyone wanted to grab this model, I have one for sale. Initially I bought two of them, as I wanted to display them in different configurations, but I've passed on this idea recently, since assembled piece takes way too much space to display 2 same items. Right now I already have a problem figuring out where to put my mythos vader once it arrives.

Since I live in Poland, I could only ship it to other EU countries.
I could sell it for 250$ + shipping, through ebay and PayPal of course for security reasons. Anyway, I'll post it in proper thread once I overcome my laziness and find out how much it would cost to ship this piece.

Thank Godzilla after all this time i didnt notice it as it was covered by a another piece underneath the craft.

Cheers

got mine two days ago. amazing piece!
i made a display with a original 1977 lobby card print and the black series figures luke and r2d2 :)

c2mb.jpg

w9s1.jpg

Finished my custom display
I to love my xwing in flight position
Hardware used:
Rod bought in a hardware store
A4 Double sided wall mounted display perspex board
The base is a MDF board that was thrown out for hard rubbish collection. I polished and cleaned the board good as new.
I used the starwars widescreen topps card and xwing blueprint image as the topping on the cake
I weathered the craft with basic charcoal brush techniques to make it look dirtier lived in look
I put a slight intentional bend in the rod to level the weight of the xwing due to the rods length
2gxfa86.jpg
[/IMG]
dhblax.jpg
[/IMG]

Finished my custom display
I to love my xwing in flight position
Hardware used:
Rod bought in a hardware store
A4 Double sided wall mounted display perspex board
The base is a MDF board that was thrown out for hard rubbish collection. I polished and cleaned the board good as new.
I used the starwars widescreen topps card and xwing blueprint image as the topping on the cake
I weathered the craft with basic charcoal brush techniques to make it look dirtier lived in look
I put a slight intentional bend in the rod to level the weight of the xwing due to the rods length

Looks good. Your custom made display inspired me to make my own. I should be finished soon. Will post pics.

Wow! They both look great. :rock That's really the only way to display that. I never liked it just sitting on the ground.

I love this model. Here's mine (which was completely repainted for me by Dean Dymerski. Dean is the talented guy who did the paint master for the incredible Master Replicas studio scale Millennium Falcon). This is currently displayed in flight mode although the wings can still be closed.

cking-Kotobukiya-XWing.jpg

I've been waiting forever for Kotobukiya to do a TIE Fighter in the same scale but it looks like it will never happen. I've been working with a fantastic 3d computer modeller and we're going to do our own version scaled to match the X-Wing. It's still a while away before there's anything "physical" to show but I'll start a thread when the time comes if anyone's interested.

Chris

I love this model. Here's mine (which was completely repainted for me by Dean Dymerski. Dean is the talented guy who did the paint master for the incredible Master Replicas studio scale Millennium Falcon). This is currently displayed in flight mode although the wings can still be closed.

cking-Kotobukiya-XWing.jpg

I've been waiting forever for Kotobukiya to do a TIE Fighter in the same scale but it looks like it will never happen. I've been working with a fantastic 3d computer modeller and we're going to do our own version scaled to match the X-Wing. It's still a while away before there's anything "physical" to show but I'll start a thread when the time comes if anyone's interested.

Chris
Geez, that's f00kin awesome!
Paint is perfect. :clap

Back