Kotobukiya X-Wing Diorama

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Second set ordered.:D I received my first one yesterday for $144 shipped and I must say I am so impressed with the quality, I cannot resist the $124 shipped price tag for a second one. Even the box is a visual treat and perfect for MIB collectors. It is easily one of my favorite box designs out of my collection.

I seriously hope Koto continues to make more of these cross sections ASAP. These are the type of diorama models I have been waiting for ever since Sideshow announced their line.

281xyy1.jpg

20r4gf6.jpg

214wdpd.jpg

dc7qdk.jpg

23w1g9l.jpg

Last edited:
OK I decided to not go crazy and not order another one. My original purchase from Toys2 was a decent price still as it was just a tad a more compared to this after shipping, brokage, taxes and conversion :p But be aware I was trying to add 2 to the cart and it didn't allow me to do it due to stock so I think THERE IS ONLY ONE MORE LEFT!

Anyone know what scale this is? The other thread by Puay, 'What is the largest 1:6 item acceptable to you', reminded me that I would like to see more vehicles and environments offered in whichever scale this X-wing is in. Imagine a cross section model of an AT-AT or Jabba's pit with Rancor. The possibilities are endless.

Okay, that was hard to find! :duh:lol But you get my point, don't you? This line needs to continue!!!! :google

I would definately be up for a Millennium Falcon cross section model. Imagine the figures. What do you think, Hoth, Bespin or Docking Bay 94 for the base?

The new Hasbro AT-AT got me thinking. Wouldn't you love to see an AT-AT cross section dio in this scale? Understandably, Hasbro won't be able to get the size totally correct, but at this scale, I think Kotobukiya could.

Last edited:
Is this line going to continue? It's been a while since the X-Wing was released.

It's kind of odd that Sideshow is getting in a new shipment of these considering that they didn't exactly fly off the shelves (har har) the first time, but it's definitely a great piece. I had fun putting it together, since everything just snaps in place. I just wish I had a better way of displaying it. I could get an acrylic case made, but I don't really have room for it.

You mean like this?
casexwing.jpg

It's nice but honestly I got bored of it and have since been trying figure out how to display it in attack mode ;)

:borg:

Back