Kotobukiya X-Wing Diorama

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some more pics from the spaceshop-online site :google:

ersteversuche079nn4.jpg

ersteversuche081yb3.jpg

ersteversuche065se7.jpg

ersteversuche064dh3.jpg

That dio is super wicked. I saw a Koto Xwing at my local comic shop and he had it on sale for $250.

Perry

that is a work of art...I'm also curious about the additional figs...hasbro?

The figures in the pictures are ALL INCLUDED!!!
He added the background, the crane and the ladder on the wing oh and the hanging shelf

OK this is my boring stock setup :(
starwarso.jpg

I've had my eye on this for a while. I wanted an X-wing that wasn't a toy, but I really can't see spending $1200 for the eFx version. I ordered one from Redfordfilms.com for around $150 shipped. Then I checked BBTS today and saw that they had it for only $125, although with shipping it would've been around $145 so I guess it's no biggie. Still, I would probably recommend going with BBTS if anyone is interested in getting one. They have 7 left.

Here are a couple of reviews that I found:

https://www.figures.com/databases/a...tup&category=movies&topic=33&show_article=315

https://www.collectiondx.com/review/diorama/crosssection_3_d_x_wing_set

One nice thing about this one is that it's a lot closer to being in scale with the Master Replicas Millennium Falcon than the eFX version.

Got my Kotobukiya X-wing today. I'm VERY impressed with it. The level of detail is amazing, especially when you consider that a lot of it gets totally hidden unless you disassemble the ship. I can't understand why this didn't attract more attention. At $250 it's on the expensive side, but now that you can get it for around half that, it's a steal. If you're a Star Wars fan, I would definitely recommend it.

It looks intimidating when you first open everything up, but it was relatively easy to put together. No glue or anything required -- everything just snaps into place, although you have to finesse it in a few places. They did a good job of using unique slotting shapes to make it impossible (or at least very hard) to put something in the wrong place.

This more than scratches my X-wing itch. I do want to see about getting an acrylic cover made though, to protect it from dust and curious hands. I'd love to see some more ships done in the same way, like a Tie Fighter.

Hey that's great to here icruise. I, too, am surprised that this isn't more popular. But I have never purchased a Koto before and I didn't know about this item until the thread was bumped up. The delivery of mine was rescheduled from Friday to Monday, but I can't wait! And I am certainly interested in more of these. Besides 1/6, I have always liked smaller scale, detailed dio depictions. For the next ship, a TIE fighter sounds great, as would a Snowspeeder. In addition to ships, I would like to see some environments too. For example, imagine a cross section of a sarlacc pit, also showing the stomach down below. But I would want the original pit without the beak in the middle.

This is now $106.25 at BBTS during their sale. I guess I jumped the gun a little bit when I bought it. Oh well. I don't think this is ever going to get cheaper than this, so jump on it if you want it.

This is now $106.25 at BBTS during their sale. I guess I jumped the gun a little bit when I bought it. Oh well. I don't think this is ever going to get cheaper than this, so jump on it if you want it.

:horror why would they still have stock on these?? At this price I would possibly buy another set@!

Back