1st try at a custom build. X-wing 1/6 cockpit section only

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone know if there are pics with decals on the outside? ( for example... No step etc....) I thought I saw a sideways red spade on one of the X-wings. Thanks.

Izzy

Yes there is. It goes under the red stripe on the fuselage.

There appears to be some writing. This was the 1st pic I saw, There may a better copy somewhere.
There's also a bunch of black squares. See the fine molds here for placement. I tried to find the instructions but I guess I threw them out after I built mine.
1/72 X-Wing Fighter by Fine Molds | HobbyLink Japan

Thanks Natedog:)

I added the outside Decals (painted them). I may have missed some but that's OK. I also added the targeting computer line to finish it up. I would love to see Sideshow do something like this for the Luke X-wing. Can't wait to get the Luke X-wing to add him to this.:D It was a very good learning experience. Here are a few more pics with the outside detail markings and the targeting line.

IMG_20150606_084856 by Izzy Mel, on Flickr

IMG_20150606_084911 by Izzy Mel, on Flickr

IMG_20150606_084949 by Izzy Mel, on Flickr

IMG_20150606_085000 by Izzy Mel, on Flickr

IMG_20150606_085024 by Izzy Mel, on Flickr

IMG_20150606_085034 by Izzy Mel, on Flickr

I wanted to thank everyone for their comments throughout this project. Look forward to building more 1/6 ship cockpits (Falcon, Tie fighter, AT-ST, and maybe the AT-AT).:)

You should build the ladder so when SSC Luke comes out you can recreate that shot. Assuming you got the exclusive.

Another thing to finish it off would be to put a star field or deathstar backdrop.

Forgot to ask earlier...
Since balsa wood is pretty fragile, did you strengthen it at all? Watered down PVA glue has worked for me in the past.

Forgot to ask earlier...
Since balsa wood is pretty fragile, did you strengthen it at all? Watered down PVA glue has worked for me in the past.

I didn't use anything other than the 1mm styrene to strengthen the balsa. It's fairly light for a piece this size (@ 2 ft in length). :)

Back