1/6 Custom diorama "ORCA" boat from JAWS

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bender

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Hi, this is my project for Mightyq, the hardest and longest I´ve made.

I had to make half of the boat from the movie "Jaws", 1/6 scale, to display the custom figures of the three main characters of the movie, Quint, Brody and Hooper, with headsculpts by Trevor Grove.
The scene would be the beggining of the shark´s hunting, with Quint sitting in his fighting chair.

I had no idea of where to start, but step by step I built the structure and later I tried to make every piece of the boat as much movie accurate as I could, but It wasn´t easy because in the movie they used two different boats and some parts change from one scene to another.

In the beggining I thought the project it would take about 4 months and finally it took 9 months to finish it. It was so hard because it seemed a neverending project.

The diorama is made of wood, aluminum, plastic, methacrylate, polyester resin and steel.

Some pictures don´t show the real colors of some parts of the boat, but it´s not easy to light such a big diorama with my null photographer skills.

I can only upload 10 pics but you can see lots of them here:Shaolin customs
or here with figures included, Mightyq´s thread:https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...le-1975-jaws-diorama-figures-please-look.html

Re: 1/6 Custom diorama "ORCA" from JAWS

Really amazing what is the size of it?

Thank you!!!
It´s about 31in long x 23in wide x 20in high.

Just saw this in the other thread, the attention to detail is fantastic mate, love it.

Whoa! Very well done. Love the patina on everything. Has a really nice lived in look. Mind if I ask how the water was done?

What a stunning job! :clap Thanks for sharing!

You can see a lot of time and passion has gone into that. When you get the characters on there that will look epic!

Jaws was such a stunning film. The book was great too, but a bit different to the film. Well worth a read if anyone hasn't read it.

Thank you so much Javier, the repairs are going well.. Soon will be all fixed. This is a grail for me, thank you again...

Thank you all for your words!!!
Jaws, thanks for your approval!:yess:
You´re welcome Marty!!!

Whoa! Very well done. Love the patina on everything. Has a really nice lived in look. Mind if I ask how the water was done?

Thanks RiggsMcClane !!!
To make the water, I started painting the bottom with diferent tones of blue. Later, I poured several layers of Envirotex Lite, a two compunds varnish, leaving each layer dry for 3 days. I modeled the waves and ripples with Vallejo Water Effects Gel and the last step, I applied some layers of high gloss varnish. I hope it helps.

:clap amazing work buddy like everything you did so far, and will be doing :wink1: :lol

Thank you so much Javier, the repairs are going well.. Soon will be all fixed. This is a grail for me, thank you again...

mighty how did you get old of all 3 of trevors jaws sculpt - thought they wer,ent for sale , or was a private commison.

if so was it you that commioned them ; if so your one hell of a lucky guy ;) you got the spear gun from full metal too,..

seen ur collection, and u are,ent mucking around marty - grail, after grails, and this is gonna be loved by all!!!!!!!!!!!!

Correct, these were never for sale, from what i heard only 6 sets were made by trevor for jaws fans that were close friends. I bought a set from one of the original owners , he is a member on here, i forget his ss name...i won them on ebsy actualy, after losing out to a set 2 years esrlier for over $2k+ on ebay....i got lucky when i seen them, and was not going to lose them this time....

Thanks for the feedback!!!:yess:

Eczamurai, I´m glad I didn´t:panic:, half of the boat was huge but the whole boat couldn´t pass through my house door:rotfl.

Aye, aye, aye -- that's just so beautiful I can't even express myself. Awesome craftmanship!

All I can say is: here's to swimmin' with bowlegged woman.

Back