Kotobukiya into Marvel in a big way

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That Koto Iron Man is impressive. Alter Ego has it up for 15% off @ $153
https://www.alteregocomics.com/store/catalog/Iron_Man_Movie_ARTFX_Statue-p-4921.html

"Manufactured in cold cast porcelain and coated with metallic paint, the Iron Man Fine Art Statue even features multiple LED lights: eyes, Repulsor Ray palms, and the Unibeam on his chest. The base is ornamented with a sculpted Iron Man film logo on a three-dimensional realization of his chest symbol, and painted in the Mark I color scheme. Each statue is individually numbered on the bottom of the base as part of a Limited Edition."

Its what I was hoping for but not what I wanted exactly.

Hmm, did you mention that to Koto before they finished it? :D

The red looks very pink, not at all "hot rod red" and definitely lighter than Sideshow's bust. The piece looks too glossy.

If you look at this pic of IM the red & gold look much darker. I guess we'll only know for sure when we see the actual statue in stores.

d_4802.jpg

Eric

Last edited:
I really want this Iron Man Statue but at $160 plus shipping, I'm willing to wait it out and see if Hot Toys does a figure or even MediCom. All of these expensive IM items is making SSC's life size bust look like a real deal.

I really want this Iron Man Statue but at $160 plus shipping, I'm willing to wait it out and see if Hot Toys does a figure or even MediCom. All of these expensive IM items is making SSC's life size bust look like a real deal.

Agreed,I got the 1:1 IM bust through an AD so I saved like $50 but even at SSC prices it seems worth the $$.:D

I caved, put my order in early this moring with Mike over @ Razor's Edge. I just hope Kotobukiya doesn't have paint issues like Sideshow did.

$160 for a 1/6 polystone statue that lights up? That's a fantastic price, you know that if Medicom did a figure it would cost more than that.

$160 for a 1/6 polystone statue that lights up? That's a fantastic price, you know that if Medicom did a figure it would cost more than that.

Maybe if it lit up, but if medi did an IM fig i would expect it to be in line with the other medi marvel figs at 99$

That's kind of what I was thinking as well that Medi's 1/6 figure would come underneath that price by a good margin especially considering their Marvel film history. In terms of the 1/6 Polystone statue that lights up...I paid $299 for my SIM....a 1/4 polystone that lights up for only $139 more....for almost twice the price I'd get something that'd be much larger considering the pose.....I have a little trouble considering that a steal....

Why HT or MEDI ain't jumping on this figure is ^^^^ing baffling to me.

Last edited:
Tony Stark Reveal version coming soon:

actionfigurexpress_2012_107617170

actionfigurexpress_2012_108161471

Mark 02 with the Rivety goodness:

actionfigurexpress_2012_106132838

actionfigurexpress_2012_106584753

Back