Kotobukiya Ikemen Statues (Male Bishoujos) Nightwing announced

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm surprised its taking it this long for companies to realise they can also market sexy statues and figures of the males in the comic book world just as good as the females. Nightwing to start this off is a safe bet as he is quite sexy in the way he is drawn and well known at the same time. It will be interesting if they do indeed do Thor, Hulk and others in the line.

Though I wonder how you could pose a Hulk sexy :rotfl

^^^ sexy is in the eye of the beholder. These look afeminte not masculine, and I showed it to my wife and her response was "the gay boys will like it" referring to our gay friends :lol

IMO, if women or gay men find them "sexy" then more power to 'em! But I doubt any straight guy is buying these.

^^^ sexy is in the eye of the beholder. These look afeminte not masculine, and I showed it to my wife and her response was "the gay boys will like it" referring to our gay friends :lol

IMO, if women or gay men find them "sexy" then more power to 'em! But I doubt any straight guy is buying these.

They have done Nightwing with a more less broader figure and in a ' non threatening ' pose for sure, not the traditional ' heroic ' poses most fans are used to seeing him in. But, as an acrobat I think the slenderer the form is shown here kind of suits Nightwing at least.

Now when and if they do Thor or Hulk or a Hercules, characters that indeed need a broader and more ' masculine ' figure akin to say a rugby player, then it'll be interesting to see how they handle it.

656028bb62422b75414efaa991e359cb.jpg

It's hard not to think of the whole Yaoi culture with this one (if you haven't seen the South Park episode about it, it's an absolute classic).

33106_900.jpg

(not going to post one of him kissing Batman or Robin, although it would be hilarious to see the reactions of some people around here :lol)

I think it's really funny, I have zero interest in Koto pieces so just for the sake of seeing people making a big deal out of this, I love it :yess:

Sorry it took so long!

28242986343_49197ae645_b.jpg

"A picture says a thousand words"... The look on your face is priceless LOL!!

As a businessman / marketer I am truly curious as to the target market for these pieces. Please post pics of who is buying these koto pieces to help me get my head around this LOL!!

EDIT: BTW hope I didn't offend anyone by the use of the word "business" or "man", I apologize in advance if I did :rotfl

It's hard not to think of the whole Yaoi culture with this one (if you haven't seen the South Park episode about it, it's an absolute classic).

View attachment 284407

(not going to post one of him kissing Batman or Robin, although it would be hilarious to see the reactions of some people around here :lol)

I think it's really funny, I have zero interest in Koto pieces so just for the sake of seeing people making a big deal out of this, I love it :yess:

I think its unusual as well since a lot of Koto pieces are traditionally women and women in sexy poses. Now they are offering something completely in the other direction and thats something not a lot of companies want to do.

More money for Koto I guess :rotfl

I think it's fair to say that this area of pop culture is LESS male dominated than it used to be concerning who the consumers are. Still a sausage fest, but there are more women. Maybe cute statues of men will sell well in that niche and enough otherwise that it will do ok? That said, I don't think I'm part of their target demographic. Never know. I didn't think "Bronies" would be a thing and apparently that group is large enough that I've heard about it in my little world. :p

Posted over on their facebook page yesterday and on their site, looks like the full painted version will debut at SDCC this year at their booth 2601.

1bfa7c9794adae97c01427c28c6a02acaf5e6f61-750x1000.jpg

5d97410c343b9f58bc6aa3923b5de4097e8a50c4-750x548.jpg

9bf4feb75e73a34a70a02daf5cff1cf0b866020a-750x1000.jpg

e1516bc4b0d6e09387b779bf0c8c332354a050d6-645x1024.jpg

It certainly looks good unpainted, but we all know how an unpainted sculpt can look much better but when you add paint it screws it up.

Announced at SDCC 2016, looks like they are starting with all the guys from the Bat family with Nightwing being first...

Cn2gJQCUsAAi-ui.jpg

Cn2d0tpUkAAHYgW.jpg

Cn2eEuTUEAAJLqG.jpg

Cn2euzKUEAIg8rw.jpg

Looking back at these concepts, I really wish they branched outside of the Wayne family for this line. Midnighter would've been perfect to display with this Nightwing.

Looking back at these concepts, I really wish they branched outside of the Wayne family for this line. Midnighter would've been perfect to display with this Nightwing.

If the line does well enough I could see them branching out of the Batman side of things for sure and do Midnighter. Him and Apollo as a two piece set would be cool to see done in this line.

Back