Kotobukiya Ikemen Statues (Male Bishoujos) Nightwing announced

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
why do folks get so defensive when something is called out as being gay? Call it "sexualized" all you want, but this is a totally gay nightwing. I showed the pics to my wife and she immediately called it out as gay... but so what? There's nothing wrong with a gay nightwing and I'm not offended by it... the question is why are some folks so desperate to deny that they like a gay nightwing statue? Own it... stop telling us we're wrong and immature, accept your feelings and you may find it liberating :)

Looking forward to how this one looks at SDCC, plus of coarse their plans after they go through the Bat family. I hope they plan on doing Midnighter and Apollo followed by maybe Aquaman and The Flash. If I had to pick out of those two Aquaman would make a great statue in this line with his swimmers build.

why do folks get so defensive when something is called out as being gay? Call it "sexualized" all you want, but this is a totally gay nightwing. I showed the pics to my wife and she immediately called it out as gay... but so what? There's nothing wrong with a gay nightwing and I'm not offended by it... the question is why are some folks so desperate to deny that they like a gay nightwing statue? Own it... stop telling us we're wrong and immature, accept your feelings and you may find it liberating :)

I do not quite understand it either. This line is for both gay and bisexual men and also females who have always loved the sexy side to these characters. I think some fans may be defensive is because as another member said its kind of jarring for some to see a completely sexy male driven line of statuettes in a market that is usually solely female based.

I do not quite understand it either. This line is for both gay and bisexual men and also females who have always loved the sexy side to these characters. I think some fans may be defensive is because as another member said its kind of jarring for some to see a completely sexy male driven line of statuettes in a market that is usually solely female based.

I just think it's a little sad that people assume the look of a statue will dictate which collector (based on their sexual orientation) will purchase it. They are statues, collected for many reasons... they aren't dates ;-)

I just think it's a little sad that people assume the look of a statue will dictate which collector (based on their sexual orientation) will purchase it. They are statues, collected for many reasons... they aren't dates ;-)

Exactly.

IMG_7796-263x350.jpg

And a preview of the next in line, its Jason aka Red Hood.

IMG_7797-263x350.jpg

This is for every collector. I mean, why would one sexually identify one self with one's statues? That's weird... :)
I'm sure lots of gurls also collect bishoujo because they are cool looking.

... but people should put more thought into their motivation for commenting.

View attachment 380374

Shown off at the latest toy fair in Tokyo. At least they made him more muscular than Nightwing. They also had previews of Tim Drake and Damian. No Bruce though.

Now see ...this one looks alright. The pose is not too bad.

If only they gave Nightwing a better pose ...or at the very least removed the "finger to the mouth" part of the pose.

ewwwww! the poses looks too feminine for this. whats up with the booty shots? If they made these more manly then it would be very cool.

Back