Kotobukiya Black Panther

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is really beauty. So if You collect 1/6 marvel You need to have it.

1748.jpg

This is really beauty. So if You collect 1/6 marvel You need to have it.

I don't know if you did it intentionally, but with Venom behind BP ...I just realized they have mirror poses of each other. Lol!

Not a bad thing, IMO. Mine is in transit and should be here Tuesday. Still excited to get it.

Thanks guys!

I don't know if you did it intentionally, but with Venom behind BP ...I just realized they have mirror poses of each other. Lol!

Not a bad thing, IMO. Mine is in transit and should be here Tuesday. Still excited to get it.
This wasn't purpose but yes I saw it first day when Koto presented this guy.

I just got this guy in today. Being someone who had never had a Koto statue before, as well as really only collecting Hot Toys figures or the occasional 1:1 bust, I didn't really know what to expect. In fact, because I got him on Amazon for $180, I expected it to be a nice looking statue but was surprised that he actually had some heft to him--I thought he'd be super light, as if he and the base were virtually hollow.

I have to honestly say--I'm pretty blown away by this. The pose, the flow of the cape, and him climbing onto the weathered statue really helps tell a nice little story. Something a figure really cannot do. I'm sure if he were more expensive, perhaps even more detail could have been put into the statue overall. But, for less than $200, I think it's actually pretty freakin' incredible. I've bought collectibles two or three times this amount that came with issues, or you get them in hand and you're disappointed. This thing is flawless.

Really impressed. And although I'm not too much of a numbers guy, somehow I bought him a few days ago and got 178 out of 3,000. I guess it's just the luck of the draw, but it was a nice bit of luck to have.

I'm a relatively new Panther fan, but he's really marching quickly up my favorite superheroes list. I do want the XM Studios Panther--I just have no clue how much it'll be or how to go about getting one in the US.

I just got this guy in today. Being someone who had never had a Koto statue before, as well as really only collecting Hot Toys figures or the occasional 1:1 bust, I didn't really know what to expect. In fact, because I got him on Amazon for $180, I expected it to be a nice looking statue but was surprised that he actually had some heft to him--I thought he'd be super light, as if he and the base were virtually hollow.

I have to honestly say--I'm pretty blown away by this. The pose, the flow of the cape, and him climbing onto the weathered statue really helps tell a nice little story. Something a figure really cannot do. I'm sure if he were more expensive, perhaps even more detail could have been put into the statue overall. But, for less than $200, I think it's actually pretty freakin' incredible. I've bought collectibles two or three times this amount that came with issues, or you get them in hand and you're disappointed. This thing is flawless.

Really impressed. And although I'm not too much of a numbers guy, somehow I bought him a few days ago and got 178 out of 3,000. I guess it's just the luck of the draw, but it was a nice bit of luck to have.

I'm a relatively new Panther fan, but he's really marching quickly up my favorite superheroes list. I do want the XM Studios Panther--I just have no clue how much it'll be or how to go about getting one in the US.

Love these kind of stories lol. I collect koto's 1/10 scale, 1/6 ARTFX and 1/6 scale Fine art. To me the value really lies in the fine art statues. Good price and they do an awesome job. Hefty and detailed. I started with the Brown Wolverine and Rogue (danger room sessions) Cant wait for that BP and i also got the Thanos Fine Art POd. All Erik Sosa. Just awesome. Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome Thomas. This BP piece sort of came around for me at the right time. I started reading BP Panther comics only six months ago (Priest) and luckily, I somehow found out about this statue before it sold out.

I'm not all that familiar with Kotobukiya's future plans when it comes to other statues but I am familiar with the Danger Room Sessions, which looks really nice, especially that Rogue. Is there any chance they are making Storm, as well?

Awesome Thomas. This BP piece sort of came around for me at the right time. I started reading BP Panther comics only six months ago (Priest) and luckily, I somehow found out about this statue before it sold out.

I'm not all that familiar with Kotobukiya's future plans when it comes to other statues but I am familiar with the Danger Room Sessions, which looks really nice, especially that Rogue. Is there any chance they are making Storm, as well?

No idea. That would be awesome. Either pair with xmen or Bp! Lets hope haha. I Believe the skulpter, Erik Sosa parted ways with Kotobukiya. I think.

Ordered this from Amazon yesterday. Should be in Saturday. Excited to open this guy - pics have been really good so far.

Mine finally was delivered yesterday. I opened him up today. Beautiful!

No issues. I love this piece.

Nice pics TC17. He looks great. I just got mine today and I'm so impressed with the piece. The sculpt is fantastic and the paint apps are wonderful on mine. This is just a superb statue all the way around. Koto and Erick Sosa hit this one out of the park. I did have a bit of trouble getting him on the base but with a little time and elbow grease, I finally got him flush on the base. I have him mixed in with some of my Bowen Avengers pieces and he looks good with them. You can tell he's slightly bigger but the crouching pose really helps him fit in pretty nicely. So happy to have the BP in my 1/6 collection and Avengers lineup.

Nice pics TC17. He looks great. I just got mine today and I'm so impressed with the piece. The sculpt is fantastic and the paint apps are wonderful on mine. This is just a superb statue all the way around. Koto and Erick Sosa hit this one out of the park. I did have a bit of trouble getting him on the base but with a little time and elbow grease, I finally got him flush on the base. I have him mixed in with some of my Bowen Avengers pieces and he looks good with them. You can tell he's slightly bigger but the crouching pose really helps him fit in pretty nicely. So happy to have the BP in my 1/6 collection and Avengers lineup.

Tnx! Yeah i had the same "issue" getting him on the base. At least we know for sure it wont go anywhere lol. Right now hes alone displayed. Got the koto wolverine and rogue still in box so will be displaying them soon

I mostly collect 1/6 figures, including the marvel hot toys. How out of place will these 1/6 fine art statues look paired with hot toys? I'd rather get this black panther than the hot toys one since I like the costume a lot better on this one.

Back