Kotobukiya Black Panther

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I mostly collect 1/6 figures, including the marvel hot toys. How out of place will these 1/6 fine art statues look paired with hot toys? I'd rather get this black panther than the hot toys one since I like the costume a lot better on this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got this instead of the hot toys. But i don't IMG_1954.JPGIMG_1956.JPGIMG_1958.JPGIMG_1959.JPG think ill be posing it next to hot toys. But i did take a few pics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good choice!

I don't have any regrets getting this. It's a great statue.

Good choice!

I don't have any regrets getting this. It's a great statue.

I agree. At first I was a bit torn. I was considering the BD classic action and museum BP. However, when I saw the Koto BP, my jaw dropped. Erick killed this piece. The sculpt is flat out amazing and the paint apps didn't disappoint on this piece. It turned out fantastic and I actually feel like I stole it for the price I paid for it. I'm thrilled to finally have an awesome looking 1/6 BP in my collection.

So I bought the statue off Amazon Warehouse deals. Got a good price on it. The statue looks to be in fine shape however the box is bad (really bad). Now I knew this going in but Now I'm thinking perhaps I should have just held on a bit and got a new one. I'm not worried about resell value I want the piece but If I would chose to sell it the box would impact the price. Again I knew the box would have damage going in so this is on me but would it be worth taking the hit for the return (probably around $14) to grab a new one. Keep in mind this is all over a box which may be silly.

So I bought the statue off Amazon Warehouse deals. Got a good price on it. The statue looks to be in fine shape however the box is bad (really bad). Now I knew this going in but Now I'm thinking perhaps I should have just held on a bit and got a new one. I'm not worried about resell value I want the piece but If I would chose to sell it the box would impact the price. Again I knew the box would have damage going in so this is on me but would it be worth taking the hit for the return (probably around $14) to grab a new one. Keep in mind this is all over a box which may be silly.

I wouldn't worry about it but I've softened on this stance over the years. When I first started collecting, the box had to be perfect. Now, upon hearing of all the problems with statues these days (and praying you get one that doesn't have issues), I don't worry about the box as much. Give me a flawless statue over a flawless box any day. Of course, if I had the choice, I would always want a box in good condition. I just wouldn't take the chance of getting an imperfect statue (and pay $14 more for this chance).

Thanks for the reply. Yeah I'll probably give the actual statue a once over and then make my decision. If the statue is all good I'll display it, be happy with this piece and move on with my life...lol This hobby should be fun right? :)

Back