Kotobukiya Black Panther

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, with the price, you'd have to really like the character and the sculpt to get it. Right now I still have to see the XM BP painted, but I really want it.

With Marvel Studios' track record, I'm sure they will give BP the proper treatment in the movies.

I know...it seems like he is with him looking overwhelming for Bucky/Cap in the trailers. But he's such a powerhouse for a guy that has gotten so little mainstream love. He's like a combination of Stark and Cap so I don't know if they'll minimize his power slightly to keep him from overshadowing them.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I just saw this at my LCS and he looks incredible. I definitely need a 1/6 Panther for my collection and I was trying to choose between the various BD Panthers and this. After seeing this, the choice was made for me. I'm adding this koto BP to my collection.

Good choice!

Hopefully BBTS will ship mine soon. They've already sent me the 10-day processing email. Getting closer to getting mine.

Okay, so I just got my Black Panther statue in....2 of them....and I can't fit either of them in the base. You have to put the left leg in first, but my back foot isn't lining up with the hole...I've had such bad luck lately...:dunno

Okay...an hour later
For those of you getting this, stick a paper clip in the front hole, both of mine had residue or something blocking the peg from going all the way in
Also, put a piece of paper between the base and the back foot when trying to shimmy this thing in place to avoid scratching the base
These are bad phone pics but I'll try to post better ones later.
Gotta watch the Stanley Cup playoffs!! :panic:

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
5.jpg

Hello all...
I don't want to crowd the thread with pics but I just took some with my camera to give you some better quality pics...
Koto really did a fantastic job with this one
I wish it was 1/4th or even 1/3rd
It's just a great statue

P1110212.JPG
P1110216.JPG
P1110217.JPG
P1110215.JPG
P1110213.JPG

Very nice!

Thanks for the pics. They help to make the wait a little more bearable. Hopefully mine comes in soon.

Damn. I spent $240 at bigbadtoystore. Amazon is $201 incl tax and shipping. Lesson learned! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I actually went to eKnight's website (one of the sellers listed on amazon). I bought this piece directly from them for a penny less than amazon with no taxes and free shipping. So, it came out to $180.72 shipped for me.

Tnx for that headsup. Same happened when I ordered the brown wolverine. Pre order price at 200+ the about a month after around 180. Now that i think about it. Same happened to rogue lol. Well now i know!

Tnx for that headsup. Same happened when I ordered the brown wolverine. Pre order price at 200+ the about a month after around 180. Now that i think about it. Same happened to rogue lol. Well now i know!

Honestly, it does pay to wait with Koto pieces. You can almost always pick up a Koto statue you want for well under retail if you are willing to wait. Usually within the 1st few months there are good deals to be had. The problem is not waiting too long. After about a year, quite a few of these Koto pieces start to really climb in the aftermarket. Psylocke, yellow and blue Wolvie, Spider Man, Venom, and Magneto are just a few Koto statues that are commanding serious $$$ in the aftermarket nowadays. So, the trick is to pull the trigger before prices get a chance to spike.

Honestly, it does pay to wait with Koto pieces. You can almost always pick up a Koto statue you want for well under retail if you are willing to wait. Usually within the 1st few months there are good deals to be had. The problem is not waiting too long. After about a year, quite a few of these Koto pieces start to really climb in the aftermarket. Psylocke, yellow and blue Wolvie, Spider Man, Venom, and Magneto are just a few Koto statues that are commanding serious $$$ in the aftermarket nowadays. So, the trick is to pull the trigger before prices get a chance to spike.

Man. Yeah. I want the gambit and cyclops danger room sesh to go with my brown wolverine and rogue. Too bad I dont have $2k lol

I waited too long for the koto daredevil. Now that sucker is crazy expensive.

I waited too long for the koto daredevil. Now that sucker is crazy expensive.

That's very common with Koto pieces. You have to pick them up within a few months of release. For whatever reason, finding them for significantly under retail is pretty simple. However, these fine art pieces almost always start to spike a year or so after release. Can't sleep on them too long or they can end up costing you a good chunk of change.

Yea, I learned my lesson from that situation.

Now I'm keeping my eye out for that Daredevil statue ...with a fair price. And I won't let that happen again on the next koto piece I really want.

Back