Kotobukiya ARTFX+ ALIEN statues coming out!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
kotobukyia have very clean and nice paint jobs on their models.
check the shoulder. it's not "nice and clean", it's "dosens of stripes and pseudo veins gigerish-style under semi transparent skin".
that's what factory pieces usually miss, and only high-end customs and promotional photos have.

SanoAlienFinishedRight.jpg

SanoAlienFinishedRightQuarter.jpg

paint by SilentSurfer, if i remember correctly.
check all the fine pattern on all smooth areas. the Kotobukiya statue has it... in some places. and it's a promotion model. there is a doubt the pattern will stay there.

===========

damn, that's a dream thing there above.

Last edited:
check the shoulder. it's not "nice and clean", it's "dosens of stripes and pseudo veins gigerish-style under semi transparent skin".
that's what factory pieces usually miss, and only high-end customs and promotional photos have..

Yeah I noticed that on the proto. I also doubt the final product would look that good.

I'm getting the big chap, I think it looks great,i have owned many koto models and the paint was always nice and clean, everyone has their own opinion, just like everyone has a -A-hole, but some are just A-holes about everything that comes out.

I'm getting the big chap, I think it looks great,i have owned many koto models and the paint was always nice and clean, everyone has their own opinion, just like everyone has a -A-hole, but some are just A-holes about everything that comes out.

Most people seem to like the ArtFX Big chap.. I love it.

You know my only complaint about the unpainted one was its inaccurate mouth, but it looks like they fixed it and everything about it looks amazing

Sent from my SM-G870W using Tapatalk

that's what factory pieces usually miss, and only high-end customs and promotional photos have.

SanoAlienFinishedRight.jpg

SanoAlienFinishedRightQuarter.jpg

check all the fine pattern on all smooth areas. the Kotobukiya statue has it... in some places. and it's a promotion model. there is a doubt the pattern will stay there.

===========

damn, that's a dream thing there above.

Which statue is that one?? It looks awesome!!

:slap no possibilitis on getting that one...!! Thank for yours answer! That statue is stunning, best mouth ever!

Do you know if sano will make another alien statue??

is the Sano just a custom paint or is that actually a custom figure as well? I was under the impression that he's a sculptor also.
Here's my fully finished Sano 1/5 Big Chap Alien and base. I went for a look that would be reminiscent of Giger's art style as well as the weathered look of the Space Jockey. I still haven't figured out how I'm going to decal "XENOMORPH" on the front, but I'm happy with it empty for now anyway. My plan is to make it look like a digital read out in MU-TH-R 182 computer font like the front panel is actually a screen.

I used the decal that came with it for the back of the base. I really wanted to include the "ROSWELL JAPAN" and "Sculpted by Yoshihiko Sano" text, but I did not realize it wasn't a water decal. I've never seen a rub off decal, and I ruined those tiny letters figuring it out. Looks good with just A L I E N on it though.

SanoAlienBaseRearDecal.jpg

SanoAlienFinishedFullRear.jpg

SanoAlienFinishedFullRightRear.jpg

SanoAlienFinishedFullRight.jpg

SanoAlienFinishedFullFrontRight.jpg

SanoAlienFinishedFullFront.jpg

SanoAlienFinishedFullFrontLeft.jpg

SanoAlienFinishedFullLeft.jpg

SanoAlienFinishedFullLeftRear.jpg

I had one of the Konami Chestbursters, a really well done piece, and in scale with this statue fortunately. I didn't like the paint, so I stripped it down. The main body is actually a perfect base color and should allow for some great translucent effects. The bigger tail section was actually white but should easily enough by made to match the body. The end of the tail though, absolutely would not let go of the paint, but I know it's white underneath. I'll have to do my best to blend it with the rest when I paint it. Once repainted and bloody, Big and Little Chap will share the same base.

LittleChap-unpainted.jpg

Here you go.

SanoAlienFinishedBustDetail.jpg

SanoAlienFinishedRearRightQuarter.jpg

SanoAlienFinishedRearDetail.jpg

I've often seen Alien collectibles with silver nails, and it sometimes looks like they may be, but really they are just basically a foggy, white translucent acrylic, so I tried to capture that.

SanoAlienFinishedHandDetail01.jpg

SanoAlienFinishedHandDetail02.jpg

SanoAlienFinishedFrontGrayBackground.jpg

Thanks. Here's a couple more.

SanoAlienFinishedUpperRightQuarter01.jpg

SanoAlienFinishedUpperLeftQuarter01.jpg

SanoAlienFinishedUpperRightQuarter02.jpg

SanoAlienFinishedUpperLeftQuarter02.jpg

Just for fun, a couple of pics of the real sculpture made by Giger (actually, half of it, as Giger worked on one side and an assistant finished the other), as exhibited in Giger's museum in Switzerland.

These are pretty old pictures, but I've never really found better ones.

Will these statues be packaged in one piece, or will they come as a pre-painted model kit that easily snaps together in 2 minutes? If it's a snap-kit, that could explain the hip seam. I remember the Kotobukiya AVP alien warrior was like that. Of course, that statue was also 1/6 scale, so maybe that's different. I really wish the Aliens warrior and Big Chap ARTFX statues were in 1/6 scale; it would certainly make me less salty about their price.

Will these statues be packaged in one piece, or will they come as a pre-painted model kit that easily snaps together in 2 minutes? If it's a snap-kit, that could explain the hip seam. I remember the Kotobukiya AVP alien warrior was like that. Of course, that statue was also 1/6 scale, so maybe that's different. I really wish the Aliens warrior and Big Chap ARTFX statues were in 1/6 scale; it would certainly make me less salty about their price.
yes these will be pre-painted and have some parts to snap together,the aliens warrior will have a bendable poseable tail ,a wire in it I'm guessing, the big chap could too, kotobukiya didn't say .

Back