Kotobukiya ARTFX+ ALIEN statues coming out!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any idea when it will come out??i am going for the neca's one but this one looks stunning!!

i have complete kotobukiya mini figures alien collection. they're all 5 times better than any other existing figures or statues (except for neca alien queen which looks same cool). wish i made them in 1/6.

artfx+ alien warrior 1/10
FIGURE-014339_06.jpg
FIGURE-014339_08.jpg
FIGURE-014339_09.jpg
FIGURE-014339_10.jpg
FIGURE-014339_07.jpg
FIGURE-014339_01.jpg
FIGURE-014339_02.jpg
FIGURE-014339_04.jpg
FIGURE-014339_03.jpg
FIGURE-014339_05.jpg
FIGURE-014339_14.jpg
FIGURE-014339_13.jpg
FIGURE-014339_12.jpg
FIGURE-014339_11.jpg
FIGURE-014339_17.jpg
FIGURE-014339_16.jpg
FIGURE-014339_15.jpg

That is awesome! I love the ability to recreate the "you're not reading it right" scene with the Aliens posed upside down.

Yeah, that's the pose that has me likely ordering it!

attachment.php

I just wish they'd do better size comparisons on websites. 150mm base included isn't the easiest thing to gauge unless you have a measuring tape nearby! :lol I'd rather they put it beside some other ArtFX pieces so you can kind of compare it that way. Either way, really awesome sculpt!

I saw the preview pics on ToyArk this morning and thought this looked cool. The tail's a bit funky, though. But the big question is: What happened to the Big Chap they showed at SDCC?

I saw the preview pics on ToyArk this morning and thought this looked cool. The tail's a bit funky, though. But the big question is: What happened to the Big Chap they showed at SDCC?

I wouldn't really call it a big question...it's just not revealed yet. He's still in their catalog to come out in 2016. This is like Sideshow and their Alien Warrior LSB out of nowhere, and Big Chap took another half a year or whatever it was before he finally showed up.

Love the sculpt and the options for having it against the wall, on the ceiling, etc. I wonder how well this would display, though. It's not very big at 1/10, plus it'd be hard to appreciate from other angles if you're going for the ceiling vent setup. Will there be more wall panels in the future? More crawling Aliens with slightly different poses from this one?

As cool as it is, I think I'd go with just the big chap if I purchase one at all. The warrior might be a bit hard to display well at that scale for me. Too much little stuff just ends up 'cluttering' the place. :confused:

As cool as it is, I think I'd go with just the big chap if I purchase one at all. The warrior might be a bit hard to display well at that scale for me. Too much little stuff just ends up 'cluttering' the place. :confused:

Yeah, that's my main hesitation. It's $100 when all is said and done, and it goes up to about the waist of a Bishoujo figure from what I can tell. Of course, if you take it out and stand it straight up it'll be a fairly large piece, and 1/10 is on par with the rest of their ArtFX+ line, but I'm not sure where I'd put it right now. The details look fantastic on it, but I really need to clear out some space so I can get a better feeling about how I can set up my collection in a cleaner, much better looking way!

DSC07653.jpg

attachment.php

That is awesome! I love the ability to recreate the "you're not reading it right" scene with the Aliens posed upside down.

The misconception that the Warriors were walking on the ceilings then, is simply not true. They were holding on to the pipes and crates. They're holding on to things, their movements are reminiscent of mammals or animals that move on the trees. And when they crawled on the ceiling they did what any special squad or commandos would do in the same situation (ambushing targets). They did so because this way they walk quieter plus the crates simply wouldn't be able to hold the weight of the aliens and they would just fall down. Two arms and legs were used, holding strong. Bugs stick, they don't hold on.

ceilingwalkins.PNG
rotc_rope.jpg

Biomechanical Insect

:lecture

though the author of that article doesn't know what he's talking about. bugs hold on with "claws" and don't stick.

insect-leg.jpg

15925214_74d6535b5d.jpg

flies stick with secreted drops of oil or whatever nasty thing they produce.

fig45.jpg

LLB8005-057-02.jpg

anyway aliens were moving by holding the pipes, not sticking to the ceiling. A3 was the first alien that began to stick to walls. must be due to great amounts of rotten flesh and purulence bubbles all over his body - poor creature was dying and disintegrating every second.

==================

the thing itself is an absolute definite must buy for me. i loved their micro aliens, but their A2 alien was painted in a very strange way. this one is beautiful.

Last edited:
Back