King Kong Trailer Tonight

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And you can only rewatch a movie that's as long as that so many times.

It's good that there's no room for a sequel though. A clear sign of a great film is desperately wanting a more when it's over, but knowing you'll never see more because everything has been said and done.

Perfect and complete. :lecture

Jackson outdid himself.

dna, cloning......hello

:panic::panic:

Jackson's Kong serves to show how on the ball Merian Cooper was. He kept the original moving along so briskly that you never stop to consider how outrageous the whole thing is.Sadly, PJ did not recognize this fundamental concept. The original stands...PS

I love the original. But the moments with Kong in Jackson's are infinitely superior, and not just for the effects; there's an actual story between the girl and the monkey (also, I'd be a liar if I said I didn't love how indulgent it was--felt like a movie and not like a newsreel).

Jackson's Kong serves to show how on the ball Merian Cooper was. He kept the original moving along so briskly that you never stop to consider how outrageous the whole thing is.Sadly, PJ did not recognize this fundamental concept. The original stands...PS

The Cooper novel is a fantastic read. No matter how good the original King Kong still appears, it was limited by the technology of it's day. Peter Jackson was able to take the story, and with the technology available to him, really push it to the limits and open up the possibilities. No longer is Kong a jerky puppet, but a beast with real texture and emotion. There is no longer the 'it's only a puppet' obstacle to overcome - even though a lot of emotion was wrung from that 1930s furry armature.

Jackson created a lost world in Skull Island, and re-created a lost world in '30s New York.

Jackson used much of the original story, changing only a few characters, but not the sentiment of the story, which was ahead of its time in a day when hunting the great animals of Africa for sport and zoos was perfectly acceptable, and few it appeared worried about the possibilty of extinction, or the future welfare of the animals.

King Kong (the novel) was remarkable for showing the other side: that an animal could have feelings and rights. Jackson's interpretation lost none of that, and the story builds through a wonderful recreation of the 1930s and its attitudes, with some fantastic set pieces, and some great quiet moments, finally resolving itself in that final sad moment of death, and Carl Denham comes to the full tragic realization of what his selfish ambition has brought about.

For me Jackson's King Kong is as near to perfect story-telling as you can get on film.

the only reason why this movie didnt do so well is becuase of the long boat ride. It didnt need to be so long.

Get to know the characters....something which a lot of movies today lack.

Could've been a bit shorter though. Just a bit

Talk about ironic. The ADD younguns defending a movie that the old farts thought was too long. :lol

I had no issue with the length. I was rapt, and didn't want it to end (mostly because I didn't want to see the hero die), which is what I want from any movie. I tend to prefer novels over films (big novels--Les Miserables, Atlas Shrugged, The Stand, Brothers Karamazov, Count of Monte Cristo, etc.) and this movie, like LOTR before it (I saw Fellowship of the Ring nine times in the theater, Two Towers six times, and Return of the King seven), delivered.

Godzilla > King Kong

Goldar > King Kong

Megazord > King Kong

Donkey Kong > King Kong

Mighty Joe Young > King Kong

King Kong is a _____.

Talk about ironic. The ADD younguns defending a movie that the old farts thought was too long. :lol

I had no issue with the length. I was rapt, and didn't want it to end (mostly because I didn't want to see the hero die), which is what I want from any movie. I tend to prefer novels over films (big novels--Les Miserables, Atlas Shrugged, The Stand, Brothers Karamazov, Count of Monte Cristo, etc.) and this movie, like LOTR before it (I saw Fellowship of the Ring nine times in the theater, Two Towers six times, and Return of the King seven), delivered.

Im not old i saw this when i was 15 and it was way to long. It should have been a little shorter.

I know, wingnut. You were one of the younguns.

And Godzilla is better than King Kong. Maybe someday he'll get a movie as good as this one.

And maybe someday, Burton's Batman will be as good a movie as this one. Maybe.

I'm sorry Mr. Devilo76, it'll never happen again!

King Kong > '89 Batman

I like the new submissive DiFabio. You wanna get me a beer? Their right there in the fridge.

I'm unable to comply until you fix your grammatical error. Once edited, I'd be happy to get you your choice of alcoholic beverage.

Might I suggest sitting back and drinking it while watching the 2005 masterpiece, King Kong?

Back