King Kong Trailer Tonight

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yet another movie with horrible CGI effects...I was hoping PJ would make everything actually look real not have overdone CGI effects. Oh well. It looks ok but nothing special IMO.

I'm actually very encouraged... I was never really looking forward to King Kong; I was only really excited for a new PJ movie, 'cuz hey, if it's PJ, it's gotta be good. (He did make Dead Alive, after all.)

After seeing this trailer, I think this is going to exceed my expectations... :dance :dance

I'd agree that some of the SFX seems unfinished, but overall it looks fantastic. I wasn't really looking forward to it at all, but this shows great promise.

Here's a link to the Hi-Def trailer of King Kong.......the special effects look better in that version.

WARNING........LARGE FILE.......96.7 MB
AND YOU NEED QT7..........AND AT LEAST A 2.8GHZ CPU PROCESSOR

LINK

Have to say....lovin' the music in the trailer....hopefully it's part of the Howard Shore OST.

:sleep I didn't enjoy the teaser at all. I was really looking forward to this movie, but my anticipation is tempered now. I'm glad I cancelled my Weta Kong v. T-Rex order. I may really like the film, but there's no way I'm preordering collectibles from it.

It looks like the release of the original on DVD in November is the Kong I'll look forward to for now. The new Kong could be a fun movie, but we will see in December.

I wasnt expecting anything from this movie. And sure enough it lives up to my expecations. Its another Hollywood bluckbuster. I'm sure I'll enjoy watching it, but it doesnt look like its going to knock me off my socks...

Its another Hollywood bluckbuster. I'm sure I'll enjoy watching it, but it doesnt look like its going to knock me off my socks...

Those are my exact feelings. I don't understand why this movie isn't being released during the summer. It looks more along the lines of a summer brainless "popcorn film" than character intensive movie such as LOTR that usually is released in December.

It looks ok, but i'ts not going to be PJ's best work. The Dinosaurs looked a lot better and realistic in Jurasic Park.

There's still 6 months to go....a lot of these shots were done in 3 weeks to prepare for the trailer.

If anyone has been following War of the Worlds the effects got better and better after each trailer. Even LOTR's had trailers with uncompleted shots which improved over time.

PJ will not let us down....this is his dream project!!!!

Yes, I am informed by reliable sources that the Weta artists all killed themselves almost to get it finished in time, but they are not finished effects shots by any means!!! They'll be doing a ROTK and improving effects shots right up until a couple of weeks before the films is released!!!

Thanks Wetaholic....it's actually quite remarkable the quality of shots we have considering there is still 6 months to go.

It was just an appetizer:)

This looks truly fantastic and I do not say this lightly. Watt's Scream is incredible. Jack Black actually resembles Orson Wells here, a fantastic touch. Kong seems a bit short but I think thats because we haven't seen him with true gorilla posture before.

I don't know if Frank Frazetta's Kong paintings were any influence but the vegetation of the island looks just like his.

I'm not looking at CG, I'm looking at fantastic creatures that are not supposed to exist. These effects will be worked on and improved (look at the Gollum from the TTT trailer and how much better it looked in the film, etc.) but I have no problem with what i'm seeing here.

I originally voiced my concerns about the Bridal Altar. After seeing the Trailer on an Actual Movie Screen instead of the postcard size Quicktime, I have some huge Crow to eat and boy, its tasty! What I was seeing is not the altar itself but Ann being "delivered" to it. I SHOULD HAVE KNOWN that Peter was smarter than that! How could I have doubted?? If any insiders read my original post, they're laughing and they're laughing hard!:bow :bow :bow :bow

It will be very interesting to see the emotional arc of Kong and the audience, not to mention Ann; the point being that you cannot see it from his first appearance. I understand this is a deliberate choice and a brilliant one: if it works, you'll be in tears when this ape falls to his death.

I just showed the trailer to my father, not generally a genre fan but a fan of 'classic' movies, and he was really excited, too.

In the words of Karen Mason:
"Can we buy tickets yet?"

Back